Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Ok.

That came out of the blue.

In isolation, I don’t have an issue with moving on from Tree. He doesn’t consistently wrap up when tackling and is a liability in the run game. The Rams gave up in excess of 4 yards per rush up the middle last season and Tree, as a MLB, was part of that problem.

However when you take into account the already gaping hole at LB and the players’ reactions, I’m a little concerned about the impact this could have.

To me, I think the player's reaction was to Tree the person, not really Tree the MLB...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
IMG_3514.JPG

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
It' not like I have a problem with trading tree I'm just confused.
Tree did have problems last year look no further than the playoff loss for a clear example.
The good news is this is a great draft for 3-4 Ilb

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Quinn was in his prime when he signed that contract. I wouldn't loop him in with the others.

Ditto. Quinn was anything but marginal when he signed, and in fact, was one of the most feared pass rushers in the game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Les, you better hit on these new contracts and FAs! I understand we have to fix our cap but damn, we lost our two veteran leaders on defense. I guess Brockers and Donald will be captains next year.

If we've waited too long to be good and IF we regress..........let's just say that better not happen.

The Rams have coaches who are also known to be good teachers, they will develop some of this young talent and trade others up, this is a deep draft at positions where we require quality depth. jmo.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Wade is being given alot of power and trust. He is going to have a completely different defense next season.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
AO was horrible last year im not sure why people are upset over this. tackling has nothing to do with playing MLB or outside he just doesn't tackle well at all. bad angles you name it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Assistant Head Coach & LB'er coach Joe Barry is going to have some fun for a while. Barry got a real up close & personal meeting with the best of this years LB'ing prospects during the combine;). Think he had some serious recent meetings after the combine with Snead/McVay & Wade? :sneaky:

Its also a very good UFA year for outstanding interior LB'ers ready for new contracts. In addition the 2018 draft prospects appear to be very deep in the amounts of good LB'ers but not at the top of the draft.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

Not sure what will happen with LB/Safety Mark Barron. Is he still a Ram because he is still rehabbing from surgery & not fully healed? Or is Wade looking at beefing up the run stopping from the safety positions with moving him back in @ strong Safety?

Finally Snead is going to have one serious busy third day of the draft this year. Snead has 8 draft selections {@ the moment} on the 3rd day. A 4th, 4th,5th, & five 6th rounders!:seizure:

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
OK! We get the 2nd pick #102 in the 4th round, But the Giants don't have a 6th round pick, that I can find, per Drafttek, so what 6th rounder do we get!!?:thinking::dizzy:
We're getting comp picks for both, so not the 102.

And yes, they can be traded. It was discussed earlier.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@So Ram you really like Price that much? Why? He hardly played and didn’t look good when he did. He is small and weak.

I admit liked the pick in round 7 because of potential but I don’t ever expect them to make a huge impact.

I think he will be a piece , but not a starter to tell you the truth right now. In training camp & preaseon he kept showing up.
He has more bull power than Quinn imo though. Quinn still has Pro bowl talent. I think he comes more off the left side though.
Longacre really is another piece. Morgan Fox is a grinder & plays the edge well.

—I think The Rams do an excellent job in scouting , & will find the right pieces. I think competition is King !!

Week in & week out you never know who will be healthy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK! We get the 2nd pick #102 in the 4th round, But the Giants don't have a 6th round pick, that I can find, per Drafttek, so what 6th rounder do we get!!?:thinking::dizzy:

Dave, Draftek didn't account for a 'conditional' pick with Pittsburgh where the Giants received a 6'th (#176) and Pitt received a 7'th (#220). That 6'th (#176) came to us today. Also, that 4'th round pick looks like it may actually be the Giants #135 pick, not the #102 pick we were hoping for. jmo.

lockdnram21

Legend
Thing is, we HAD a good 4-3 defense before Wade got here. He comes in, and sure we ranked top ten overall, but that's only because teams were running for 7 ypc against us instead of passing. Now we end up getting rid of all of our players to build a 3-4. We're probably two years away from having a middle of the road defense now at this rate.
We had a OK defense

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
#yikes NFL = not for long

I heard things here & there about AO but didn't realize he was that bad in our 3-4 scheme. The PFF rank on him? wow. vs. the PFF rank on Joyner.... I did notice a lot of arm / whiff tackles that I thought would stop after Williams left - diving at the ball carrier only to blow past him / above him / etc.
You simply can't miss that many tackles & be an NFL MLB. A WILL maybe. & you can't get paid like a Billy Wagner & tackle like a Pisa T.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
#yikes NFL = not for long

I heard things here & there about AO but didn't realize he was that bad in our 3-4 scheme. The PFF rank on him? wow. vs. the PFF rank on Joyner.... I did notice a lot of arm / whiff tackles that I thought would stop after Williams left - diving at the ball carrier only to blow past him / above him / etc.
You simply can't miss that many tackles & be an NFL MLB. A WILL maybe. & you can't get paid like a Billy Wagner & tackle like a Pisa T.

Whoa, whoa, let's not bag on Pisa Tinoisamoa. He's one of my favorite defensive players. Seriously. :D

Also, who is this Billy Wagner you speak of?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Whoa, whoa, let's not bag on Pisa Tinoisamoa. He's one of my favorite defensive players. Seriously. :D
LOLOL I was hoping someone would get that reference!
I wonder what ol Pisa T's CTE brain scan looks like... dude hit like a truck, but many times after a nice 5-7 yd gain. One of my fav Rams too from the STL era, he made them worth watching many times. He backed up a very porous DT line IIRC. If we had Pisa T backing up AD now, wowsers.....