Offseason priorities

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not an overly thorough post here.. just a sketch.

Areas the Rams need immediate upgrades in 2024-
Edge
Corner
Safety
Kicker

These are the places where they can't wait to "develop" a player. Meaning it's either a FA or a first or second round draft pick. Maybe a 3rd rounder at a position like Safety. Kicker is a different animal.. but you have to fix it.
My preferred solution is FA signing of an edge.. Hunter, Huff or Young.. and a corner.
Biggest issue with corners is the guys on the market are older.. except for Snead.. and I don't think KC is letting him go.
Also.. they need to decide whether to keep Hoecht, in addition to the big FA signing, sign a different, lower tier second FA edge.. or draft another in the first three rounds. This area was a huge problem.. and Young did not progress much, so I'm not sold on that position being settled.

Areas the Rams need immediate depth/addition in 2024-
Running back
Wide receiver
TE
OL
LB
DLINE
QB

Kyren is a ton of fun and an excellent player who has missed 13 games to injury in his first two seasons and who would not have been available this week because of injury. We saw how much the Rams offense benefitted from an excellent running back this season... they MUST add talent here. Rivers ain't it.. and even if they like Evans, having another talented back is a must.
With Kupp so often injured.. having a consistent 2nd threat along with Puka is a growing need.
With Higbee likely missing all of training camp.. and who knows how much of next season.. they need to add to the room. I think Davis can handle the starting role.. but quality depth is a must.
Always add Oline. I'm good with mid and late round picks.. if they're keeping Noteboom as insurance. If not? They need a dependable swing tackle.. or a higher round pick.. first or second. I'd rather keep boom.
LB.. Need athletes on D and special teams.. add some here in mid rounds
They have three legit starters on the DL.. and then there's a drop. I'd like to see a 3rd or 4th rounder added.
They need a backup QB.. and maybe a developmental QB.

When I look at all that... I think it's possible to address it all.

Something to hope for... Raheem Morris gets a gig and Rams get an additional 3rd rounder.
If so.. I would probably try to trade back.. a little.. and hopefully add one or two 4th round picks.

That would get them to 6 picks in the first 4 rounds... my rough draft hopes for the order:

1st-Corner
2nd-Edge
3rd-WR
3rd-RB
4th-Safety
4th-DL
5th-Ol
5th-LB
5th-TE
6TH-OL
6TH-LB
6TH-Safety
6th-Corner

They could try to trade up to get into the 4th or do a combo trade down/trade up to get into the 4th.. we'll see. 13 picks seems like maybe too many this time around?

We'll see.

They have plenty of money to go out and get a top Edge and CB.. and even sign Dotson... IF they want to be that aggressive... if they think spending $15 mil on a guard is worth it. I have my doubts. If they don't sign him.. or another FA.. that vaults Guard to an urgent need.. and would probably mix things up a great deal for me. I would end up going the cheaper 2nd veteran edge option.. and use that second on a guard.

dang

Legend

Edge
Corner
Safety
Kicker

These are the places where they can't wait to "develop" a player. Meaning it's either a FA or a first or second round draft pick. Maybe a 3rd rounder at a position like Safety. Kicker is a different animal.. but you have to fix it.
My preferred solution is FA signing of an edge.. Hunter, Huff or Young.. and a corner.
Biggest issue with corners is the guys on the market are older.. except for Snead.. and I don't think KC is letting him go.
Also.. they need to decide whether to keep Hoecht, in addition to the big FA signing, sign a different, lower tier second FA edge.. or draft another in the first three rounds. This area was a huge problem.. and Young did not progress much, so I'm not sold on that position being settled.

Running back
Wide receiver
TE
OL
LB
DLINE
QB

Kyren is a ton of fun and an excellent player who has missed 13 games to injury in his first two seasons and who would not have been available this week because of injury. We saw how much the Rams offense benefitted from an excellent running back this season... they MUST add talent here. Rivers ain't it.. and even if they like Evans, having another talented back is a must.
With Kupp so often injured.. having a consistent 2nd threat along with Puka is a growing need.
With Higbee likely missing all of training camp.. and who knows how much of next season.. they need to add to the room. I think Davis can handle the starting role.. but quality depth is a must.
Always add Oline. I'm good with mid and late round picks.. if they're keeping Noteboom as insurance. If not? They need a dependable swing tackle.. or a higher round pick.. first or second. I'd rather keep boom.
They have three legit starters on the DL.. and then there's a drop. I'd like to see a 3rd or 4th rounder added.

Something to hope for... Raheem Morris gets a gig and Rams get an additional 3rd rounder.
If so.. I would probably try to trade back.. a little.. and hopefully add one or two 4th round picks.

That would get them to 6 picks in the first 4 rounds... my rough draft hopes for the order:

1st-Corner
2nd-Edge
3rd-WR
3rd-RB
4th-Safety
4th-DL
5th-Ol
5th-LB
5th-TE
6TH-OL
6TH-LB
6TH-Safety
6th-Corner

They could try to trade up to get into the 4th or do a combo trade down/trade up to get into the 4th.. we'll see. 13 picks seems like maybe too many this time around?

We'll see.

They have plenty of money to go out and get a top Edge and CB.. and even sign Dotson... IF they want to be that aggressive... if they think spending $15 mil on a guard is worth it. I have my doubts. If they don't sign him.. or another FA.. that vaults Guard to an urgent need.. and would probably mix things up a great deal for me. I would end up going the cheaper 2nd veteran edge option.. and use that second on a guard.
I’d prefer Edge #1 via FA (vs Draft). I sure hope they sign Dotson but even if they do the Rams need to keep feeding that OL with talent. Lions are showing how important a stellar OL is. How great would it be to have Stafford well protected and healthy for the next 3 years. Injuries would likely be the only reason he leaves earlier.

Ellard80

Legend

Edge
Corner
Safety
Kicker

Running back
Wide receiver
TE
OL
LB
DLINE
QB

1st-Corner
2nd-Edge
3rd-WR
3rd-RB
4th-Safety
4th-DL
5th-Ol
5th-LB
5th-TE
6TH-OL
6TH-LB
6TH-Safety
6th-Corner

We'll see.

Yeah im with this

I think we probably will target edge or CB via fee agency or trade as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if we traded our 1st round plus something for an estalblished player - like Burns or Josh Allen.. ect

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Improve the bottom of the roster is a huge one. Our ST coverage was lacking at times and we desperately need a return guy. These are as big as any other need. Have yo give Blackburn players yo work with.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way I hope it goes is :
- Sign a blue Chip edge rusher and corner.
-Keep the offensive line together unless Dotson is too expensive. But I hope they draft a big center to start.
-Sign a second tier receiver at the very least. I wouldn't be opposed to a Gabriel Davis or a Darnell Mooney.

Then the draft can be used for complimentary pieces based on bpa. A young corner to be cb2? Maybe. An ILB to fly around the field? Maybe. A star/Safety type? Sure.

But I think we need at least 3 blue Chip starters in free agency.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see it as
-Must keep Dotson, period
-Have the cap space for 1 big FA (without burying future cap), and for me its Danielle Hunter
- Draft I'll leave to the "experts" but I'm hoping we come away with a top CB, edge, RB to share load (Kyrens old teamate Estime would be nice) and my pre draft crush from last year (who didnt declare DOH) Brevyn Spann Ford

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s early, but so far I have read that this next draft is not very deep at Safety or edge. So hopefully the Rams can sign both in free agency so they don’t force a pick.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be great but that's a lot.
Agreed. Not impossible though. Like when the niners signed that corner last year I thought that he'd be a serviceable number 1. And he didn't break the bank.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I know this is going to sound crazy with Kupp & Puka but I'd like a blue chip WR. Somebody with deep speed and size. Tutu is our deep threat and he has great hands but I'd like somebody who can go up and when he does with a DB, comes down with the ball 19 times out of 20. You know, one of those who can get interfered with and still get the ball. Tutu's catch in the Lions game was nice though.