Officials, CBA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
During the negotiations for the NFL officials' CBA, I recall the NFL wanting to institute additional referee teams, ostensibly for the purpose of being able to discipline teams and/or individuals. Did this get into the CBA and, if so, how goes the implementation?

Even the official officials need to improve. The Rams experienced horrific clock errors with both the replacement officials (Detroit) and the regular ones (SF--20 seconds of OT were runoff while the refs tried--and failed--to get a spot right). I believe I speak for most fans when I say inconsistent calls and general incompetence can ruin the game experience.

kdemoff

UDFA
The NFL spent a great deal of time over the past few months trying to improve the officiating and I think the league will be better off for it. The league hired a new head of officials, Dean Blandino, who came highly recommended by the competition committee. New fulltime officials have been hired and there is increased communication between the teams and the officiating department. That's not to say all of the calls will go our way, but the game is played at such a high level, its great to see the same diligence being applied to the officiating. The officials work hard to get it right and anything we can do to make an imperfect game more perfect is to be applauded.

KD