Official Win Loss Predictions for Every Game of the 2014 Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
My official predictions for 2014, thought I'd share...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ions-for-every-game-of-the-2014-season/page/3

By: Steven Gerwel
The St. Louis Rams kickoff the 2014 season on Sunday, September 7, at home against the Minnesota Vikings, making this the perfect time to make predictions for all 16 games.

Of course, the Rams will be without starting quarterback Sam Bradford, who suffered a season-ending knee injury during the preseason. His absence makes the start of the season a bittersweet experience, but it shouldn't be. In fact, the last time the Rams lost a starting passer in the preseason, the team went on to win the Super Bowl (Trent Green, 1999).

The 1999 Rams proved that no one player is more important than the team as a whole, and that any team can take advantage of a clean slate, regardless of how grim the outlook is in the beginning. Fans should be just as excited for this season opener as any other.

In this article, I will go through St. Louis' entire 2014 schedule, game-by-game, and predict a win or loss for each contest. Furthermore, I will not shoot for a specific final record—I will make the predictions one game at a time without keeping track, and I'll stand by the final record at the end.

I've been making season predictions since 2010 with mixed results. Here's a brief glance at my past attempts:

2010 Season: Prediction (7-9), Outcome (7-9)

2011 Season: Prediction (10-6), Outcome (2-14)

2012 Season : Prediction (7-9), Outcome (7-8-1)

2013 Season: Prediction (9-7), Outcome (7-9)

In 2011, I made the mistake of thinking St. Louis would build on its promising 2010 campaign and take the next step, but the team managed to do the polar opposite.

The best season was 2012, where I not only accurately predicted the win total, but also maintained 100 percent accuracy of the game-by-game predictions for 10 weeks.

So once again, I will take off the fan blinders, throw out any personal bias and try to make the most accurate predictions possible.

Week 1 vs. Minnesota Vikings: Win
Record: 1-0

Season openers are traditionally difficult games to predict, as both teams are confident, healthy and fully energized. Even so, logic favors the Rams in this one.

Facing a healthy and well-rested Adrian Peterson in Week 1 is a considerable challenge, but it's also the only factor from this game that's truly frightening for St. Louis. And while Peterson is still an elite NFL back, it's doubtful he'll ever return to his 2012 MVP form. This isn't the same guy who racked up 212 yards against the Rams two years ago.

Also, according to ESPN's Ben Goessling, the Vikings will be startingveteran Matt Cassel at quarterback over rookie Teddy Bridgewater. Cassel appeared in nine games for Minnesota last season and ended the year with just 11 touchdown passes and 81.6 rating. He also averaged one interception per game.

Putting a mediocre Cassel behind an offensive line that allowed 44 sacks last year, and asking him to face a St. Louis pass rush that is arguably the best in the NFL, is a disaster in the making.

When we combine Cassel's inevitable punishment with St. Louis' home-field advantage, it's not hard to favor the Rams in this game.

Here's the rest. I have them going 8-8. And if you can't tell, I freaking HATE the Chiefs. I have nothing but pure hate in my heart when it comes to that POS franchise.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ions-for-every-game-of-the-2014-season/page/3

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks Steven. It's hard to argue with some of your logic, but I'm going to inject a little emotion. One, that DeMarco Murray shit has to come to an end this year, and I think it will. Romo's a good QB with good improvisational skills, but he can be rattled - and be rattled he will. Two, the Rams held Seattle in check at home for 4 quarters and they (SEA) narrowly escaped with that win were it not for one ill-timed bite by Jenkins. I don't think they fare that well this time around. This team is geared up to beat that team and I dare say it's probably their primary focus (as it should be for all teams that face SEA this year). I don't think they escape this time around. I don't see us beating them at home at the end of the year, though, and I'll be super pissed if that game has playoff implications.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Steven. It's hard to argue with some of your logic, but I'm going to inject a little emotion. One, that DeMarco Murray crap has to come to an end this year, and I think it will. Romo's a good QB with good improvisational skills, but he can be rattled - and be rattled he will. Two, the Rams held Seattle in check at home for 4 quarters and they (SEA) narrowly escaped with that win were it not for one ill-timed bite by Jenkins. I don't think they fare that well this time around. This team is geared up to beat that team and I dare say it's probably their primary focus (as it should be for all teams that face SEA this year). I don't think they escape this time around. I don't see us beating them at home at the end of the year, though, and I'll be super pissed if that game has playoff implications.

Yeah, I see your point regarding Dallas. Their D is nothing to worry about, but neither is our offense. I guess I'm worried about Murray and Dez for the most part. Romo can be rattled, but if he isn't...watch out.

And Seattle... I think we're designed to play them tough. We can definitely play them better than Denver or GB can. But they're a freaking behemoth... one slip or sluggish start and they'll run away with the game, regardless of how well we match up.

And yeah, as much as I'd love to see the Rams knock off the Hags on their own turf, I just don't see the them winning that week 17 game.