Official Lions@Rams Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yay we've moved further away from a high pick, a future franchise QB and long term success for the sake of a meaningless win, fantastic.

I'll take a win every single time, regardless of draft position.

Would you really want a league where every team that is out of the playoffs plays to lose for a better shot at a player that has a 50/50 chance of being a bust?
My God, what horrible games those would be...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
200.gif

200.gif

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Did Gurley hurt himself on that last run? It looked like he was limping off the field and had a disappointed look on his face when standing on the sideline

Not quite. TGII now with 975 yards on 189 carries for a 5.16 average and 8 TD's.

It's a shame those last few games really dinged Gurley's YPC. 5.16 certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of but you have to wonder how high it would be without O-line injuries and Cignetti.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
My game ball goes to Aaron Donald. He demolished the Lions!!

And Todd Gurley, AMAZING!!!

Thank you Rob Boras

Case Keenum, way to play buddy.

Jeff Fisher... we're good if you win out. (Just beat SEA... just as good.)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Haven't seen the game yet. What changes did they make to get Gurley involved or was it just the QB not being totally incompetent?

A little better execution from the offense as a whole but mostly just competent (not God awful) play from the QB.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Really hate seeing people mad that we won. I mean come on why even watch then? Stay loyal, root on the team no matter what or don't be a fan is what I hold myself to.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Yeah I don't buy into that 'lose to gain a franchise qb'. Who says Goff or Lynch are IT, if they declare anyway.

Yes we need a QB. Hmm look at those Falcons and Matt Ryan as an example of what can still happen.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is there a big very dark cloud hanging over Foles as Ram QB? Winning is just plain fun.

jap

Legend
For the record, I much, much prefer to have a veteran QB starter who can at least manage the damn game than to waste years of time getting a rookie up to NFL champion levels. We lose to Arians and the damn Cards. But we can still clobber the '9ers and the 'Hawks.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Happy for the win, happy for AD and TG

Sad that we move further away from a WR or QB and closer to Jeff keeping his job

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Good to see the defense step up after all of the injuries. Goes to show that with even the slightest sign of a pulse on the offense this team can be competitive. Too bad they waited so long to try to fix it.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any Lions fans checking this out? Ha! Yes you just lost to the Rams. We were hoping to be somewhat competitive but it was better than that. Oh, thanks again for losing the last game of the season, at home, to the lowly Bears in 2000 to send us to the playoffs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Haven't seen the game yet. What changes did they make to get Gurley involved or was it just the QB not being totally incompetent?

He got some holes today. The OL, as it is currently, played well (comparatively) and it's encouraging.

Gurley gets through the hole fast and once he is he is decisive and deceptively fast, people take bad angles on him all the time and he makes them PAY.

Last edited:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I like winning but this one is a little mixed losing out on draft position and helping keep Fisher around.

That said, winning is still way more enjoyable than losing and watching AD and Gurley tear it up was awesome.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-todd-gurley-lead-the-way-as-rams-beat-lions/

Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley lead the way as Rams beat Lions
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 13, 2015, 4:07 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpty3ngq4mge3mjlkmdczywrjnwi2n2njzdljmddlmdbi-e1450039572113.jpeg
AP
Rams coach Jeff Fisher likes to win with good defense and a good running game, and he did that today.

Fisher’s last two first-round draft picks, running back Todd Gurley and defensive tackle Aaron Donald, both had outstanding games today as the Rams beat the Lions, 21-14.

Gurley had 16 carries for 140 yards and two touchdowns, one of the best games yet for one of the favorites to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. It was a sensational game for Gurley, who showed once again that he’s a unique talent who was worthy of a Top 10 pick.

And Donald may have been even better. He sacked Matthew Stafford three times and had three other tackles behind the line of scrimmage. The Lions passed on Donald in last year’s draft so they could take Eric Ebron instead. That was a huge mistake.

The Lions’ offense couldn’t get much going. Calvin Johnson didnt catch his first game until just before the two-minute warning in the fourth quarter, narrowly avoiding the first catchless game of his career. But they did make a game of it in the end, scoring a touchdown just before the two-minute warning and then getting the ball back. Unfortunately for Detroit, their last chance ended on a fourth down when a shotgun snap got past Stafford, and his bailout throw to Ebron fell incomplete.

Neither of these teams is going anywhere, but the 5-8 Rams have to feel pretty good about having young talent like Donald and Gurley. And the 4-9 Lions have to wish they had made some of the draft moves the Rams have made.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yay we've moved further away from a high pick, a future franchise QB and long term success for the sake of a meaningless win, fantastic.

If I thought they knew what to do with a higher pick I'd be in that camp. I'd rather see more wins and a pick in the top 15 instead of more losses and a pick in the top 5. Its not like they had success last time they picked in the top 5.