Offensive Line Rankings - Rams 24th

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
As the season progresses, the depth of these O-lines will reshuffle this list

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
With good health and Brown adapting well to RT, this is a top 15 line. We'll see.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Too many question marks to be ranked any higher. They could end up pretty good with the changes. Or not.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This line should be serviceable this year but to be better than average Brown and Havenstein have to take the next step.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Too many question marks to be ranked any higher. They could end up pretty good with the changes. Or not.
Yep would tend to agree. Way too many questions here in this OL with 4 out of 5 new players in new positions. On the flip side I tend to see each of these big question marks on the positive side over the negative.

Old Man Mountain LT Andrew Whitworth has moved into a overall more agreeable climate for old sore bones & worn soft tissue tendons & ligaments. Soft natural southern Cal green grass field in the western division & home games where, living & practicing in a warm dry heat & most always sunshine should extend his playing performance..he's not near the cold great lakes in the far north.

Reconstructed Ram veteran hold over Rodger Saffold prayers were finally answered & he will no longer have to start next to GRob as he has the past 3 seasons..yes Christmas came very early for :santa:Rodger. He is dancing for joy :yay: with two new close playing companions who know how to perform in the NFL @ Pro Bowl level & be a true team professional beside him. Notice how big Rodger's :D is in these recent pics. At 29 yrs old RS should :shocked: the NFL with his play this season.

Its been a long long road to recovery for ex All Pro John Sullivan who passion for this game finally gets his second chance to put his twice surgically refurbished back into HD action as a full time starter. Much like Whitworth Sully should benefit from his location he's not in the North division with Minnesota any longer. Sully will have two very big men playing next to him now to help him with the heavy lifting.

Kromer arrived & instantly saw that Rob Havenstien will be moved to his RG post. I don't believe the press that this move was to make room for the now departed GRob either. Kromer has had good success with very large OL'ers. Havenstien in 1 of 4 Ram OL'ers who are entering their 3rd season in the NFL. I have been advised by many here this is about the time young OL'er's get a clue on how to play in the NFL.In Rob's case he was an unusual rare NFL ready & instant Rookie starter from Wisconsin. Hopefully Snead will take note of where big Rob came from. Rob is 1 big ?! no other way to say it.But if Rob is slow to come around @ OG all is not lost so it would not be a big setback.

The big surprise was Kromer blind discovery of a RT in a Boudreau OG, The gold nugget was Jamon Brown. But wait JB was a very good versatile college OL'er with experience at mostly both tackle spots & OG. So was this really a rare find? Brown might have fell :oops:right in the right hole here @ RT. JB is one of the four 3rd season drafted OL'ers. JB was beat out of a starting OG post by Cody Wichmann? JB ? @ RT may hit the right note in the NFL I would not bet against him.

There is no ? about 3rd season OT/OG Andrew Donnal ability to be a very good 6th OL'er. He play college football @ Iowa. Same argument can be made about third season OG Cody Wichmann who finished 20 games over the last 2 seasons as a starter who should be the 7th OL'er. Then there last seasons surprise rookie UDFA swing OT Pace Murphy who was technically savvy & now added close to 20pounds where Murphy is up to 308 pounds. Kromer quickly pluck up ex Iowa ex Colt interior OL'er entering his 2nd season Austin Blythe to plug in-place of Demetrius Rhaney. I consider this a upgrade & not a big ?. Oh yeah Blythe started with Andrew Donnal too.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep would tend to agree. Way too many questions here in this OL with 4 out of 5 new players in new positions. On the flip side I tend to see each of these big question marks on the positive side over the negative.

Old Man Mountain LT Andrew Whitworth has moved into a overall more agreeable climate for old sore bones & worn soft tissue tendons & ligaments. Soft natural southern Cal green grass field in the western division & home games where, living & practicing in a warm dry heat & most always sunshine should extend his playing performance..he's not near the cold great lakes in the far north.

Reconstructed Ram veteran hold over Rodger Saffold prayers were finally answered & he will no longer have to start next to GRob as he has the past 3 seasons..yes Christmas came very early for :santa:Rodger. He is dancing for joy :yay: with two new close playing companions who know how to perform in the NFL @ Pro Bowl level & be a true team professional beside him. Notice how big Rodger's :D is in these recent pics. At 29 yrs old RS should :shocked: the NFL with his play this season.

Its been a long long road to recovery for ex All Pro John Sullivan who passion for this game finally gets his second chance to put his twice surgically refurbished back into HD action as a full time starter. Much like Whitworth Sully should benefit from his location he's not in the North division with Minnesota any longer. Sully will have two very big men playing next to him now to help him with the heavy lifting.

Kromer arrived & instantly saw that Rob Havenstien will be moved to his RG post. I don't believe the press that this move was to make room for the now departed GRob either. Kromer has had good success with very large OL'ers. Havenstien in 1 of 4 Ram OL'ers who are entering their 3rd season in the NFL. I have been advised by many here this is about the time young OL'er's get a clue on how to play in the NFL.In Rob's case he was an unusual rare NFL ready & instant Rookie starter from Wisconsin. Hopefully Snead will take note of where big Rob came from. Rob is 1 big ?! no other way to say it.But if Rob is slow to come around @ OG all is not lost so it would not be a big setback.

The big surprise was Kromer blind discovery of a RT in a Boudreau OG, The gold nugget was Jamon Brown. But wait JB was a very good versatile college OL'er with experience at mostly both tackle spots & OG. So was this really a rare find? Brown might have fell :oops:right in the right hole here @ RT. JB is one of the four 3rd season drafted OL'ers. JB was beat out of a starting OG post by Cody Wichmann? JB ? @ RT may hit the right note in the NFL I would not bet against him.

There is no ? about 3rd season OT/OG Andrew Donnal ability to be a very good 6th OL'er. He play college football @ Iowa. Same argument can be made about third season OG Cody Wichmann who finished 20 games over the last 2 seasons as a starter who should be the 7th OL'er. Then there last seasons surprise rookie UDFA swing OT Pace Murphy who was technically savvy & now added close to 20pounds where Murphy is up to 308 pounds. Kromer quickly pluck up ex Iowa ex Colt interior OL'er entering his 2nd season Austin Blythe to plug in-place of Demetrius Rhaney. I consider this a upgrade & not a big ?. Oh yeah Blythe started with Andrew Donnal too.

One final note: The recent losses of two 2014 Ram drafted OL'ers (Greg Robinson/Demetrius Rhaney) did not hit the reserve OL talent cadre that hard. Both would be UFA's early next year anyway. In OTA's I had reserve OC Rhaney listed as #8 & GRob listed @ #9 on the overall graded OL unit. With the loss of these two 3 yr OL'ers, Kromer got 2nd season OC Austin Blythe/ OT Pace Murphy moved up & filled this void, with rookie interior OL'er Jake Eldrenkamp following. Sure looks like good move to me clears things up on where Kromer wants to go in TC.