Off Topic: My Kids Are Going To The Championship.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
First I would like to thank CGI for allowing me to post this in the Rams Talk section!

I coach youth football.This will be my 15th year doing so.I coached Middle School for
5 years and even then I would still make time to coach the younger kids.I love teaching
kids and love football.Match made in heaven.This paticular group is 10U.Their 8u final
year we were able to get to the N.C. A.A.U State Championship.Just came up a little short.
The offense we run is the Single Wing offense.This offense was
created by the Late Great Pop Warner.Great combination of Power and Misdirection.
We use a down blocking scheme.(Gap,On ,Down)this allows us to be affective against teams that are
much bigger than we are. 90% of the time we are the smallest and slowest team on the field.
That is where the blocking scheme and misdirection allow us to compete against teams that
we otherwise wouldn't be able to compete with.
After the Championship I will post a highlight reel of my boys.Not sure
if you guys are interested,but I am so proud of my boys,I had to show them off.
Here are Four highlight plays from our year.More coming Later.
Thanks, Coach Allred.

The Pop Warner Offense That Confounded Asshole Face
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...t-says-about-offensive-innovation-in-the-nfl/
View: https://youtu.be/WrIW3SyGOTs

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats coach. I coached midget league tackle football for a few years and loved every minute of it . Good luck and bring home the win.

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats coach. I coached midget league tackle football for a few years and loved every minute of it . Good luck and bring home the win.
Thank You Sir.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
First I would like to thank CGI for allowing me to post this in the Rams Talk section!

I coach youth football.This will be my 15th year doing so.I coached Middle School for
5 years and even then I would still make time to coach the younger kids.I love teaching
kids and love football.Match made in heaven.This paticular group is 10U.Their 8u final
year we were able to get to the N.C. A.A.U State Championship.Just came up a little short.
The offense we run is the Single Wing offense.This offense was
created by the Late Great Pop Warner.Great combination of Power and Misdirection.
We use a down blocking scheme.(Gap,On ,Down)this allows us to be affective against teams that are
much bigger than we are. 90% of the time we are the smallest and slowest team on the field.
That is where the blocking scheme and misdirection allow us to compete against teams that
we otherwise wouldn't be able to compete with.
After the Championship I will post a highlight reel of my boys.Not sure
if you guys are interested,but I am so proud of my boys,I had to show them off.
Here are Four highlight plays from our year.More coming Later.
Thanks, Coach Allred.

The Pop Warner Offense That Confounded Asshole Face
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...t-says-about-offensive-innovation-in-the-nfl/
View: https://youtu.be/WrIW3SyGOTs

Congrats Coach!! Best wishes!! Now go kick ass!! (y):D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Very cool.
Great coaching keeps kids interested and out of trouble. Not to mention they have more fun.
Your doing great things @tavian.

tavian

Very cool.
Great coaching keeps kids interested and out of trouble. Not to mention they have more fun.
Your doing great things @tavian.
Thank you Sir.People say I am doing good things for the kids,
but I think I am the one receiving the most out of it.Doesn't matter how crappy
my day has been,I get on the field with these guys and all the stress from the
day leaves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thank you Sir.People say I am doing good things for the kids,
but I think I am the one receiving the most out of it.Doesn't matter how crappy
my day has been,I get on the field with these guys and all the stress from the
day leaves.
That is so great. We are proud to have you post this stuff here Coach. Keep up the great work and keep us up to speed on what's happening. It does my heart good watching this and remembering my Pop Warner days.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
People don't realize how much of a job it is to coach kids. And they don't realize how rewarding it is when things fall into place and the team and kids have success. Congrats! Win or lose, your biggest reward hasn't been realized yet. Wait until the day comes when one of those kids comes back to you as a young adult and says, "Thanks coach!". Now go win it all!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm glad you shared this. CGI told me you asked about this and I have been anxiously waiting to see it... so thank you!

That is such a great age. Takes me back to when my boys were playing at that age. So much fun.

When my twins were that age they actually had 2 ex-NFL players coaching the team. One weekend both coaches were forced out of town... so guess who was FORCED into being the substitute. Yeah, me. The team was undefeated and I was surprised at the amount of pressure I felt. We won in ugly fashion that day thank God... and I was very thankful that I never had to step-in again. LOL. That is no easy job.

Good Luck to you guys! And enjoy the fun! Seems like just yesterday that mine were out there like that... now all 3 are in college.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I love teaching kids and love football.Match made in heaven. This paticular group is 10U.Their 8u final
year we were able to get to the N.C.A.A.U State Championship. Just came up a little short.
The offense we run is the Single Wing offense.This offense was created by the Late Great Pop Warner.Great combination of Power and Misdirection.

Thanks for posting... I had a close friend back in California that coached a youth football team (JR. PEE WEE 8-10 yr olds 115 lb weight limit) and I was a part time assistant on his staff a couple days a week for 2 seasons.

It was a great experience being able to see the kids apply what they were taught during the practice week to the field on game days.

I used to get fired up on the sidelines during the games and monitor the little men on the bench that would horse around do to their lack of attention span when they weren't on the field etc..

Anyway good stuff tavian and congrats to your teams success..

TyPNoPk.gif

1009556_o.gif

fb4271129757a2a7b7ae622dec5e50f1.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Congrats.
Very cool.
My first assistant coaching kids a disaster. A total disaster in every way. Got better after that. Made to two regional title games and lost both. Still a blast seeing the kids learn, grow emotionally and have fun. My friends, whom I have assisted with for a couple of years off and on, have made the national title game twice. That lev of success is fun but different.
It's good working with kids regardless of the endeavor. You get back as much or more than you give.
Good job and go get em!!

fearsomefour

Legend
People don't realize how much of a job it is to coach kids. And they don't realize how rewarding it is when things fall into place and the team and kids have success. Congrats! Win or lose, your biggest reward hasn't been realized yet. Wait until the day comes when one of those kids comes back to you as a young adult and says, "Thanks coach!". Now go win it all!
Well said Ramhusker.
When that happens it is a rewarding feeling but also very humbling.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Great to read this! I too coached youth football and into HS. When I was in HS, we didn't use the single wing as our base offense, but we did pull it out and use it often to catch teams by surprise. The Veer Option was our base offense.
On kind of a related note ... after coaching then watching the kids I coached for 8 yrs grow up, you always feel good to see them succeed in life. My son went on to play some college ball and it was cut short by a shoulder injury his Soph. year. But he always wanted to coach and now he is coaching at a JC here in Cali. He is the DB coach and last yr. they won the American Division State Championship. Last night, they finished their season going 10-0 and onto the same Championship this year. They finished the season with the longest win streak in Calif. JUCO ball (18-0 going back to last yr), the #1 Defense in the state, the highest margin of victory in the state (35 pts) leading the state in Int's and before last nights game they were ranked #28 in the Nation. His FS out of Homestead Fla. is also leading both Calif & National JUCO with 13 Int's with 6 pick 6's.

I hope you get to enjoy the same as you watch these kids grow up into good young men that you helped groom for life :)

tavian

Thanks for the kind words Mr Ramhusker
The group that I coached in my first year are 22 or 23.
Had one kid come up to me a year ago and refused to shake my
hand.Instead he gave me big ole hug. In my opinion that is what makes the world go around
.I know that I have given him a positive life experience.Unfortunately some kids
don't get a lot of those.