Off season so far

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So after storming out the gate and adding some serious secondary talent in Peters and Talib and also loosing some talent in Quinn Tree and Trujo Watkins .. How do you feel the rams are faring so far in FA

are you content to see how the rest of FA period and draft plays out ?
are you wringing your hands because it seems like the rams are sitting on their as FA talent is snapped up ?
do you believe that the rams are in the plus or minus column so far in terms of talent gained Vs talent lost ?

honestly im in the McSnead we trust camp .. but also the thought crosses my mind that have we let too much talent go to be as good as we were last year (years of being a rams has crushed my optimism ;) )

have at it

fearsomefour

Legend
So after storming out the gate and adding some serious secondary talent in Peters and Talib and also loosing some talent in Quinn Tree and Trujo Watkins .. How do you feel the rams are faring so far in FA

are you wringing your hands because it seems like the rams are sitting on their as FA talent is snapped up ?
do you believe that the rams are in the plus or minus column so far in terms of talent gained Vs talent lost ?

honestly im in the McSnead we trust camp .. but also the thought crosses my mind that have we let too much talent go to be as good as we were last year (years of being a rams has crushed my optimism ;) )

have at it
I would think we HAVE to add a piece or two to the front seven of the D.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
They're just getting started. With the way they came out with the personel moves, they believe, as do I, a Super Bowl is within reach. The current holes are going to be filled.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
We currently are 5 starters short. NT, ILB, OLB, 2 WR (1 unless Tavon stays). That does not count for possibly losing Sullivan county or additional OLine help.

I am in the minority but I believe we need an upgrade at TE as well.

That is alot to get especially trying to fill several of those holes in the draft. We should expect maybe 1 our first rounder (my guess an DE/OLB) being the only one plugged into the lineup.

So that's 5+ starters with one cimuco from the draft which leaves us with 4 needs to fill UNLESS Snead/McVay feel some of the backups can start.

Will be interesting the next month.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
The staff is always looking for upgrades at all positions. that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we stand past on our TE bunch. Higbee came on better last year. But it was only in his first year w/ McVay. Now both him and Everett will have had 2 seasons. I'm excited to see what Everett will bring to the table this year. He might be a matchup nightmare. (And do I have a play in mind for him......and I'll bet McVay already has it listed in the playbook.)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To answer your questions, in order:
* Yes!
* No!
* Plus Column!

I Trust McVay/Snead/Phillips and company! I think I have a good feel for what they are trying to do, and I can't wait to see what the Team looks like that we Field this year!(y);):yess:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The only team that may have helped themselves more than the Rams is Cleveland.

This has been a fantastic offseason..,.which makes it two in a row. By not jumping into the fray of big contracts the Rams will save cap space and get the comp picks for Tru and Sammy. They likely sign some second tier free agents to fill holes.

Ram65

Legend
Are you content to see how the rest of FA period and draft plays out ?
have at it

I'm a little anxious. We have to wait and see how it all comes together. Still some help in free agency and of course the draft.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can be patient. They made moves they knew they needed to make early. Now they will watch and I am pretty sure make some more moves before the draft. I don’t think there will be any real shocking moves.

Interestingly, my boss has been saying that he thought both Samson and Littleton would be starting this season. Maybe he’s right. He has coached on the pro level so maybe he’s right there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay deserves our trust. Snead has absolutely killed it thus far this offseason, and is showing he can do the job. Demoff is up to bat now IMO.

I love the offseason thus far. There's a lot more to do though for it to be successful, so not going to get too high off of what they've done.

And I hate to say it, but I strongly dislike Peters' style. Don't like the way he defines himself, and have concerns in how he's going to fit into a "We Not Me" environment. But I do absolutely love this secondary and how much better they look on paper.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is probably what the next few offseasons will look like.

With name players needing new contracts; Donald, Goff, Gurley, Peters, LaMarcus, etc... signing our own will be our FA splashes.

Trades in this environment will likely still happen... as will signing FA from that 2nd and 3rd wave.

That's the way I see it, anyway.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I have loved the early moves to acquire Peters and Talib - also NRC and Joyner.

I have a lot of confidence in Wade to coach a D and I think he'll be able to find those guys he wants in the front 7.

Last offseason we could all kind of feel something special was happening when we hired Mcvay.

This year, we once again to feel like something special is coming together.

I love it!

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I would think we HAVE to add a piece or two to the front seven of the D.
The way it stands right now, the opposition will be able to run all day and into tomorrow. That being said, I know they have a plan in place to fix it

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect the linebacker corps to be replenished through the draft and 2nd-3rd tier FA

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Don't love this plan but it appears to be it.

With Wade Phillips's coaching and the talent we acquired in the secondary, having just linebackers who are good at gap discipline and run stuffing will be sufficient in turning this defense top 5 overall.

fearsomefour

Legend
With Wade Phillips's coaching and the talent we acquired in the secondary, having just linebackers who are good at gap discipline and run stuffing will be sufficient in turning this defense top 5 overall.
We shall see I guess.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
We currently are 5 starters short. NT, ILB, OLB, 2 WR (1 unless Tavon stays). That does not count for possibly losing Sullivan county or additional OLine help.

I am in the minority but I believe we need an upgrade at TE as well.

That is alot to get especially trying to fill several of those holes in the draft. We should expect maybe 1 our first rounder (my guess an DE/OLB) being the only one plugged into the lineup.

So that's 5+ starters with one cimuco from the draft which leaves us with 4 needs to fill UNLESS Snead/McVay feel some of the backups can start.

Will be interesting the next month.
How do you figure we're 2 starting wide receivers short?

Woods is still here, kupp is still here. We're maybe 1 starting WR short if you count slot as a starting WR position. And Austin absolutely doesn't figure into starting anything. He's a back up, change of pace only.