Off-season Bucket Rankings Heading into Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yea I get they went 12-4, but I'd still flip Seattle and SF for now, until Seattle makes some upgrades.
I'm not sure if San Fran is any better then Seattle but the Seahawks sure have our number for damn sure.

I also say there's no chance San Fran sweeps us next year.

That's going to be McVay's Super Bowl prep game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure if San Fran is any better then Seattle but the Seahawks sure have our number for damn sure.

I also say there's no chance San Fran sweeps us next year.

That's going to be McVay's Super Bowl prep game.

Assuming you meant that the Niners have our number?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for QBs salary, I think they oughta do a hybrid CAP with a single NBA element. Rather than have to fuss with rookie contracts and "the window" which is an unnecessary meta game, they could remove the QB's salary from the cap and then institute a Max Salary for QBs external to the cap. This makes any QB salary negotiations purely about salary with no cap impact. A highly effective veteran QB doesn't decimate a team and it doesn't really change the dynamic of the cap as the QB cap could be set at like $35M with Mahomes and Watson grandfathered in. The precedent was set in the new CBA when they severely cut the contracts for 1st round picks, especially rookie QBs.

where's the money coming from?

the players get a percentage of the money coming in. the owners aren't gonna give up a cent more.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
where's the money coming from?

the players get a percentage of the money coming in. the owners aren't gonna give up a cent more.

Same pot. Shrink the overall pool to compensate, but if a team has a QB on a Max contract, it’s a bit more than it is now. The point is to remove the rookie QB cap meta game.