Off-season Bucket Rankings Heading into Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NFL offseason power rankings: Are the Rams elite with Stafford?

VIDEO AT LINK

The Rebuilders
Texans
Jaguars
Lions
Jets
Eagles
Bengals
Panthers
Giants

The Fringe Contenders
Broncos
Raiders
Vikings
Falcons
Bears
49’ers
Cowboys
Chargers

Contenders that are Tweaks Away
Patriots
Washington
Colts
Cardinals
Miami
Steelers
Saints
Titans

Super bowl Contenders
Seahawks
Browns
Ravens
Rams
Bills
Chiefs
Packers
Bucs

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’d drop down Patriots and maybe Saints.

I‘d move up 49’ers and maybe Bears.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno. The Pats had something like 3 key contributors on D opt out due to COVID. More guys overall opted out from the Pats, iirc, than any other team. Point being is that they have a much better roster than last year showed.

Their issue is the QB position, plain and simple.

I wouldn't move up the Bears until their QB situation is upgraded... if it is.

The 9ers? I'd move them up as well. A healthy 9er team even with just Jimmy G is a formidable team that got to the Super Bowl fairly recently. And Jimmy G's issues are his health and availability, so if he were to remain healthy, they'd definitely be tough.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I dunno. The Pats had something like 3 key contributors on D opt out due to COVID. More guys overall opted out from the Pats, iirc, than any other team. Point being is that they have a much better roster than last year showed.

Their issue is the QB position, plain and simple.

I wouldn't move up the Bears until their QB situation is upgraded... if it is.

The 9ers? I'd move them up as well. A healthy 9er team even with just Jimmy G is a formidable team that got to the Super Bowl fairly recently. And Jimmy G's issues are his health and availability, so if he were to remain healthy, they'd definitely be tough.

Even unhealthy the 49ers were too tough for the Rams

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not sure if the Bucs are superbowl contenders considering the number of big FA's they got coming up...

TexasRam

Legend
1613058657238.jpeg

dang

Legend
They have some cap space.
from another thread.
TB took the win now approach and their defense peaked at the right time to win a Super Bowl. Now with projected $30m in cap space they have decisions on which of Godwin, Suh, David, Barrett, Fournette, Gronkowski, Cockrell, Shipley or Succup to keep. They can’t keep them all.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
from another thread.
TB took the win now approach and their defense peaked at the right time to win a Super Bowl. Now with projected $30m in cap space they have decisions on which of Godwin, Suh, David, Barrett, Fournette, Gronkowski, Cockrell, Shipley or Succup to keep. They can’t keep them all.
I agree but just like the Rams ($30M over the cap yet posters are discussing Rams’ additions) can restructure contracts, so can Tampa.

Furthermore, the Bucs have the rare (only?) QB that understands being the highest paid works against success for both the team and the QB himself.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

VIDEO AT LINK

The Rebuilders
Texans
Jaguars
Lions
Jets
Eagles
Bengals
Panthers
Giants

The Fringe Contenders
Broncos
Raiders
Vikings
Falcons
Bears
49’ers
Cowboys
Chargers

Patriots
Washington
Colts
Cardinals
Miami
Steelers
Saints
Titans

Super bowl Contenders
Seahawks
Browns
Ravens
Rams
Bills
Chiefs
Packers
Bucs
The way we whipped Seattle's ass, I have to think they are more like a few tweaks away.

I think little Russell Wilson might have to go to counseling for PTSD.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

VIDEO AT LINK

The Rebuilders
Texans
Jaguars
Lions
Jets
Eagles
Bengals
Panthers
Giants

The Fringe Contenders
Broncos
Raiders
Vikings
Falcons
Bears
49’ers
Cowboys
Chargers

Patriots
Washington
Colts
Cardinals
Miami
Steelers
Saints
Titans

Super bowl Contenders
Seahawks
Browns
Ravens
Rams
Bills
Chiefs
Packers
Bucs
The way we whipped Seattle's ass, I have to think they are more like a few tweaks away.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Furthermore, the Bucs have the rare (only?) QB that understands being the highest paid works against success for both the team and the QB himself.
Yeah, it's hard to believe Brady can actually afford to feed his family on a measly 25 mill guaranteed. :)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah, it's hard to believe Brady can actually afford to feed his family on a measly 25 mill guaranteed. :)
Funny ... and true ... but QB is the one position where taking a little less than he can get is often beneficial, not just to the team, but also to that QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny ... and true ... but QB is the one position where taking a little less than he can get is often beneficial, not just to the team, but also to that QB.
Totally. The salary cap is a joke, its basically the QB salary, and everyone else....
I also dont know how much money Brady gave up. There's all sorts of stories about them paying him on a side deal for the merch sold at the stadium

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yea I get they went 12-4, but I'd still flip Seattle and SF for now, until Seattle makes some upgrades.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I dont see Seattle as a superbowl contender. Their defense isn't very good and unless they get a first round bye and homefield I don't think they can win 3-4 games in a row against other playoff teams that are more balanced.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I dont see Seattle as a superbowl contender. Their defense isn't very good and unless they get a first round bye and homefield I don't think they can win 3-4 games in a row against other playoff teams that are more balanced.

AS much as we all hate the Seahawks, they've had 9 straight winning seasons. Superbowl? maybe not but they are always relevant as long as Russ is the QB. So I truly hope they trade him to anywhere out of the NFC

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Totally. The salary cap is a joke, its basically the QB salary, and everyone else....
I also dont know how much money Brady gave up. There's all sorts of stories about them paying him on a side deal for the merch sold at the stadium

They basically gave him the space to set up the TB12 facility and were reimbursing them for treating players...essentially outsourcing a fair bit of the team's rehab which wasn't cheap, bet on that.

Should have been totally against the rules, but w/e.

I suggested that they should have done the same with Suh who wants to be a magnate after football. Have him start a construction company that ONLY does Habitat for Humanity homes. Doesn't even have to do more than a few homes a year. A year or two after Suh retires, Kroenke's real estate business in a private purchase buys the construction company as a means of "focusing more on giving back to the community", they expand it a bit and pay exorbitantly for the company... essentially funneling tens of millions to Suh in a deferred manner.

Not supposed to be legal, but apparently, it's okay.

As for QBs salary, I think they oughta do a hybrid CAP with a single NBA element. Rather than have to fuss with rookie contracts and "the window" which is an unnecessary meta game, they could remove the QB's salary from the cap and then institute a Max Salary for QBs external to the cap. This makes any QB salary negotiations purely about salary with no cap impact. A highly effective veteran QB doesn't decimate a team and it doesn't really change the dynamic of the cap as the QB cap could be set at like $35M with Mahomes and Watson grandfathered in. The precedent was set in the new CBA when they severely cut the contracts for 1st round picks, especially rookie QBs.

The net effect may be for a few middling QBs to get a bit extra and it might affect a few vets like Suh who've done the merc deal playing for temporary high deals, but overall, the league wide stability would be worth it. Teams could still use the cap like Snead or pay as they go, but the cap wouldn't be held hostage by the QB's salary and conversely, the QBs aren't in a position to put their individual interests and the team's interests at odds.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Washington should be moved down.
The Chargers moved up.

Denver is probably too high as well