Odell Beckham Fit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Something just doesn’t feel right in regards to him being a Ram, i can’t pinpoint it. Hopefully he fits in contributes in a positive way and helps the team win. Maybe all the glitz and glamor of these trades and signings are a distraction at this point. Something just doesn’t feel right. I know winning cures all of that... but im just not feeling it. Also Woods will be missed greatly. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The dude had like 5 minutes of practice with the team and still he was out there getting some opps
I think the only “problem” with OBJ is the unrealistic expectations or preconceived notions people have.
He’s a ram, give the dude a chance.
Reminds me of when they got Ramsey and that sure panned out well.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't think there's much point in worrying about things that haven't happened yet. Enjoy the ride and see what OBJ brings after a few weeks of learning.

Ellard80

Legend
this bye week is actually at a good time...

we need it to fully implement OBJ and Miller into the game plans.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The dude had like 5 minutes of practice with the team and still he was out there getting some opps
I think the only “problem” with OBJ is the unrealistic expectations or preconceived notions people have.
I get what your saying.. he just doesn’t seem like a good fit. I hope he proves me wrong. I guess im comparing him to the type of player Woods has been thats all.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Me? This team will make the playoffs but not get very deep. Best scenario, Get a new D-Cord, hope Akers and Woods make a full recovery and wait for next season.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Me? This team will make the playoffs but not get very deep. Best scenario, Get a new D-Cord, hope Akers and Woods make a full recovery and wait for next season.

While the particulars are different, the overarching theme sounds very much like last season.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I get what your saying.. he just doesn’t seem like a good fit. I hope he proves me wrong. I guess im comparing him to the type of player Woods has been thats all.
OBJ can run the Woods' deep digs that this offense is built on and now he's the best deep threat we have. He is also good in space, so he can run the jet sweeps as well.

Van Jefferson can't or has not proven that he can do that now. He has iffy hands and isn't good at tracking the ball. He needs time to develop.

I think McVay's plan was to get Kupp back in the slot, with Woods and OBJ on the outside. Of course he has to adjust that now.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
There is no way to judge him yet maybe after the Packers game but not now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good fit? Sounds like preconceived notions.
He's a WR, which we need. :check:
He catches a lot of passes. :check:
He makes contested catches look easy :check:
He's a willing and able blocker :check:

Not seeing where that's a bad fit

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah nothing has changed. If he does the work and can take coaching he will help us this year. From there let's wait and see how much and whether the team decides to keep him around.

Either way we got bigger probs than OBJ. Didn't like him stopping on that deep route but gonna give him some time and hope he starts to flash for us.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We'll see what OBJ has in him yet. It would be crazy to judge him after last night, with 0 practice. Under normal circumstances, he doesn't even play, but Woods' was hurt. The bye week comes at a great time. But it might even take until week 13 or 14 for OBJ to truly get acclimated. Timing between a QB and WR, and getting on the same page mentally, can take time. So can learning a complex offense such as the Rams'.

@SoCalRam78 has it right. This isn't a video game...

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

What is that opinion based on though? Just curious.

dang

Legend
I believed it would take 4 weeks to fully integrate Miller and OBJ. Well week 1 was a cluster but it’s done. Week 2 is a bye week. Week 3 will be another tough game @GB. Which takes us to week 4 against Jax. That’s the game I’m putting all my chips on and if LA/Miller/OBJ don’t shine then fogettaboutit!!!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
His past.. just doesn’t seem like a fit personality wise. Just my thoughts, doesn’t mean it wont work.

I said the same thing about Ramsey, like many others did, and we were all wrong. The right environment can be everything.

OBJ is no bobby trees but I think he'll settle in just fine. I do wonder if we've seen Woods' last game as a Ram, though.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I said the same thing about Ramsey, like many others did, and we were all wrong. The right environment can be everything.

OBJ is no bobby trees but I think he'll settle in just fine. I do wonder if we've seen Woods' last game as a Ram, though.
I hope not.. i love the way that man plays the game.. no glitz all grit. He will be misses.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem is that if OBJ balls out the rest of the year, the Rams will want to give him a contract. And I don't believe they will pay Kupp, Woods, and OBJ. This will get more interesting as the season unfolds.