Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can't see this one happening. Seems it would put our backs to the wall with cap and further team building. All these great moves that have been made can be derailed by our lack of depth at certain positions. You give up picks, and cap for him and we've got the fastest car in town with no spare tire. Let's build the rest of this team through the draft. There's no denying his talent or his prima donna status but would it be worth it in the long run? :thinking:

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Realistically this wouldn't happen because he is in the same situation as Donald. You can't pay OBJ and just let Donald play out his one year option without some tension.

The Ramowl

Starter
Realistically this wouldn't happen because he is in the same situation as Donald. You can't pay OBJ and just let Donald play out his one year option without some tension.

Exactly, plus this would not be like with Suh, we would have to trade which means we want to retain him, and we won't have the cap for him.

But aside from these contract considerations, I don't think he would be a good fit for us. The ball is spread too much on the offense, he needs to be in the spotlight more than McVay will be willing to offer. What we need is more players like Woods who are selfless and efficient. I don't really care for one handed absurd catches on our offense, they are nice, but we don't need them that much.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gary Klein was just on the Dan Patrick show and said the Rams are absolutely interested in trading for this clown.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if the Rams are confident that they have Donald in the bag, and Odell makes the move as a "contract year" move, I'd be all over it. With Donald signed, DBJ gets the franchise tag

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Shurmur: Odell Beckham on team 'right now'
9403.jpg

Giants coach Pat Shurmur said Odell Beckham is "on our team right now."

The statement is factually accurate, but it implies the team is open to Beckham no longer being on the roster. The entire organization has been stunningly non-committal on retaining Beckham despite him being easily their best player on offense. The Giants averaged 13.9 points per game with Beckham sidelined last season.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 27 - 9:38 AM

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Sammy was traded for a 2nd rounder on the last year of his contract. If the Rams would trade, they do not have a 2nd rounder, but could trade that pick 23 for Beckham & say a 4th rounder. Rams would still have 9 picks, just no 1st or 2nd rounders. Can identify a starter at each spot currently, including Beckham, Rams could use the draft picks to move around and target players in rounds 3 & 4, using the draft to build depth. Rams did well drafting Kupp & Johnson last year in round 3, eases concerns about not having 1st or 2nd rounders.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I'd say no to OBJ. He's one random fail drug test to be missing some playing time - and that could be the entire year.

Plus the fact that the Rams must take care of Donald when his contract is up. The Rams can show that they take care of the player they drafted than the player that they acquire thru a trade when contracts are up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I assume I'm in the minority, but I'd much rather have OBJ on this team than Suh. I don't really see how we can get both.

I do agree with you on this only as it pertains to OBJ vs Suh straight up. I detest both of them, however between the two OBJ is a truly great player. Suh is a selfish A-hole whose best days are gone.

My concern as always is simply in the number of questionable types that get added to the locker room. Sometimes the sum is not as good as the individual parts would lead you to believe. And that happens when the players don't fit in the locker room and/or change it in a bad way.

Anyway. OBJ is definitely on the trade block IMO. When an owner throws up his hands on a player it's usually over. At that point the GM tends to get the best deal he can for the player and they move on.
Rams trade Donald for Beckham and then sign Suh :hiding:

I know you're kiddin around, but it would not surprise me to see some move like that happen. Donald of course is worth much more than Beckham due to the fact that not only is he a great player but he loves the game, is a non-moron off the field, and a high end locker room asset. He would only be available IF the Rams feel they won't be able to sign him. So for that to happen the Rams would need to make that call (that they can't sign him) and also the Giants would need to be willing to give up a pick in conjunction with the swap to sweeten the deal.

As great as OBJ is on the field, you cannot overestimate the impact of his recent BS on his value. Donald has no such issues.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
How often does a player of this caliber, at this age become available? I hate him on the other team, but on my team.

This year's first, and next year's second.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
@Faceplant

My post was inappropriate?

My apologies fellas. Dont take it personally. There is nothing wrong with Subarus, hondas, skinny jeans or Slim Shady....

Well...skinny jeans...don’t apologize for them...

I’d rather look at bell bottoms than skinny jeans...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rams would still have 9 picks, just no 1st or 2nd rounders.
Ouch!

I heard something about the same compensation as Peters....2nd and 4th....due to he's still on rookie deal....

I'm kinda pumped for this now.....don't know how we'll pay everybody....in 2019 and beyond....but...hell...lets go for it.

jjab360

Legend
This is insane, just ridiculous. I have no doubt that OBJ could be a fit here and there's actually a path I could see where he could fit in long term and not at the expense of Goff, Gurley, Donald, or Peters. It means we'd have to draft really well for depth and there'd probably be a decent bit of JAGs on the team though.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How often does a player of this caliber, at this age become available? I hate him on the other team, but on my team.

This year's first, and next year's second.

A first and a second for a guy on the last year of his deal, whose demanding an extension, and was recently in a video with coke just chilling on the table?

Are you Beckhams dealer?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Damn! I was surprised to hear that the 23rd pick has been offered.