Odd Men Out: CB Edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Okay... let's talk CBs.

Based upon last year's 53 man roster at the end of preseason, the Rams are likely to keep 6 guys. Here's how I break down the candidates:

Written in Stone: Cobie Durant
After a strong finish to his rookie season, Durant has emerged as the top CB on the team. Ready or not, he's the guy who will try to make us forget Jalen Ramsey.

Written in Ink: Derion Kendrick, Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
One could quibble between the stone vs. ink distinction here but, either way, these two are near locks, as I see it. Kendrick had some ups and downs as a rookie, but I think the Rams like his toughness and ball skills. THT (that's a lot easier than typing his name!) seems ideal for the primary slot position.

Written in Pencil: Ahkello Witherspoon, Robert Rochell
If Witherspoon is, and remains, healthy (he's had trouble in the past in this regard), he's probably an "ink" guy. Rochell, on the other hand, is probably in "last chance" territory. I wouldn't be shocked if he's a late preseason cut.

The Longshots: Shaun Jolly, Vincent Gray, Cameron McCutcheon, Richard LeCounte, Jordan Jones, Tyon Davis, Timarcus Davis
Apart from Jolly, these are guys that most have probably never heard of. Barring a veteran acquisition, though, one or two of them could be on the 53 man roster. Is there a diamond in the rough in this group?

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have several friends who went to App and have always had high praise for Jolly haha. But seriously though, I think he could be a decent depth/special teams guy if given the chance.Other ones really don't stand out for me.

Durant is far and above the best of the bunch, have to hope the others step up a bit, or we could struggle defending the pass imo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have several friends who went to App and have always had high praise for Jolly haha. But seriously though, I think he could be a decent depth/special teams guy if given the chance.Other ones really don't stand out for me.

Durant is far and above the best of the bunch, have to hope the others step up a bit, or we could struggle defending the pass imo.
Kendrick is bigger, Jolly is faster and a much better sticky CB, we will see how this plays out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't prefer Durant in the slot because he is not going to suddenly get good at tackling. He has real cover skills and should be outside the hash or travelling with the top draw vs each opponent.

If Morris sticks him in the slot he will play well there but I think it is an inefficient use of our talent.