Observations from the Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I noticed Hill was out there with the special team 1s .... I'm thinking he makes this team.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Goff - What I liked was his command of the huddle, his calling out of the defense alignment. I don't recall any audibles, wish he would have but that may have been by design. .

Give him some time. Let the kids learn the play book. Let him get some film study, reading defenses and when to audible. It wont be long. Be patient, it's coming.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I noticed that TA was mia again.
I'm sure the coaches are planning it that way, but he must be a very big part of this offense. I'm curious to see the full offense.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I noticed that TA was mia again.
I'm sure the coaches are planning it that way, but he must be a very big part of this offense. I'm curious to see the full offense.
I have noticed the same thing. Did you catch the interview with him on the sidelines about his contract extension? He hinted there is a lot planned in regards to him that they are keeping under wraps.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have noticed the same thing. Did you catch the interview with him on the sidelines about his contract extension? He hinted there is a lot planned in regards to him that they are keeping under wraps.
I didn't see the interview.
I like the sound of it.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

That INTEL was not allowed to be posted hotanez...

49er scouts read this board daily you know

MYb1z_f-maxage-0.gif

mqdefault.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
IMO, G/C help is rather common practice on a good NG, especially with the looks Denver was giving on the inside. The Harkey help was from an offset, oppo fullback position, very tough against an perennial, All-Pro, IMO. Vonn Miller takes the wide 9 position, to the wide 11 position.

I should find a Cam Newton sad face, when posting about Miller. :sneaky:
Yep to both points.
Against a guy like Miller the scheme can be sound and it still doesn't work.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, G/C help is rather common practice on a good NG, especially with the looks Denver was giving on the inside. The Harkey help was from an offset, oppo fullback position, very tough against an perennial, All-Pro, IMO. Vonn Miller takes the wide 9 position, to the wide 11 position.

I should find a Cam Newton sad face, when posting about Miller. :sneaky:
Cam had the team all laid out with the various celebration dances they were going to do as they won 70-0. Von sure changed that!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
-Saffold did not do a good job at RT, got beat like a very very very slow drum over and over and over by Von Miller.

I ask you what RT tackle hate held up against V Miller 1 on 1 in the last 2 years. I have 5 fingers and I bet you cannot get to 2.

Saffold at RT getting beat my Miller, not what I expected. They later gave him TE help on passing downs.

If you are an Offensive coordinator and you do not give help to whomever is trying to block V Miller in a passing situation you are stupid and about to be out of a job.

One game missed against the Whinners not the end of the world. Spruce could be ready for Cooper by then.

Here is my issue concern with Spruce. He has hands, but i have yet seen him separate from the top 1/2 to 2/3 of NFL caliber DBs. If he cannot separate, DBs will disrupt/breakup 60% of his targets. I have not seen enough to say he will get that type of separation.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Longacre has surprised me. He's playing well. I thought he didn't look good at all last year.

Saffold getting beat by Miller doesn't bother me. Saffold is our backup RT going against one of the best pass rushers in football. In a real game, we would have given Saffold more help.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Got back home late and turned the game replay on in the third quarter. Goff was in, threw two great 10+ yard passes back to back that were dropped. I turned it off lmao

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Quoted from @VeteranRamFan :

Goff - What I liked was his command of the huddle, his calling out of the defense alignment. I don't recall any audibles, wish he would have but that may have been by design. He did take snaps under center and threw from that formation. His hand offs were spot on. I think his pocket presence was very good. Many a time I'm getting nervous as the pocket collapsed around him but he got the ball out. The hits and sack he took were breakdowns in blocking IMO. He sure did miss on a couple of throws and still was very accurate on others only to be denied by our WR's.

Like I reported from Tuesday's camp, he looked much better than the KC game. Wish we could see him with the complete first team.

I'm sure there is more but I just can't recall them at this time.[/QUOTE]
Via Peter King: 4. I think it is far too early to sound any alarms—three preseason games are just that—but I would like to see Jared Goff a little better than completing 48 percent of his throws, with one touchdown in 13 possessions, and a shaky presence (at least last week against the Chiefs) when he’s hanging on to the ball trying to make plays. That’s a good trait at times, but it can also make a young quarterback turnover-prone. The Rams almost certainly will start Case Keenum to open the season, and there’s no question it’s the right call by Jeff Fisher.
I'm getting tired of this lazy narrative, repeated now, over and over. This time by Peter King.

I'm not delusional that Goff has arrived or anything. But it seems there is this need in our current culture to place someone into one extreme or the other.

Ergo, Dak Prescott is AMAAAAAZING!!! While Jared Goff is crap. Neither is true. And I bet six weeks from now the opposite could happen, and the reactionary media and their willing sheep in the twittersphere would follow right along.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I noticed Hill was out there with the special team 1s .... I'm thinking he makes this team.

No doubt about it. Hill actually made the team a few weeks ago IMO, when he showed right away in camp that he can actually COVER someone. Back in the first game Chuckie mentioned that Williams' concern with him was only about how he'd tackle, which was answered and then some in every game he's shown since.