O.T. Google may bid for NFL Sunday Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnbc.com/id/100977669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnbc.com/id/100977669</a>

If so, buckle up and oh btw, while you're at it, buy GOOG stock. :rofl:

bluecoconuts

Legend
ramsince62 said:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100977669

Shit I'd do that anyway, they're about to get into a big fight with insurance companies and car maintenance companies, and they'll probably win.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This is NOT good for the us.

bluecoconuts said:
ramsince62 said:

Shit I'd do that anyway, they're about to get into a big fight with insurance companies and car maintenance companies, and they'll probably win.
What's the fight about?

V3

Hall of Fame
Google is very smart. Between this, Chromecast, their Nexus line of phones/tablets, their unbelievable Google Fiber that's amazingly cheap, and YouTube starting premium channels, they are slowly cornering the internet/entertainment industry. If they buy Netflix, it's over IMO. I think that would be a VERY smart move by them. They would put cable/satellite companies out of business.

Google Fiber alone is creating a second Silicon Valley in K.C. It's so fast and so cheap that businesses are relocating there just for the internet. St. Louis City F'd up by not getting Google to start their GF network here.

So yeah, I'd say Google is a great investment. I just worry about them getting too big. Usually when companies get too big they stop worrying about the customer and just worry about the shareholders and that's when they start doing horrible, horrible things.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
V3 said:
Google is very smart. Between this, Chromecast, their Nexus line of phones/tablets, their unbelievable Google Fiber that's amazingly cheap, and YouTube starting premium channels, they are slowly cornering the internet/entertainment industry. If they buy Netflix, it's over IMO. I think that would be a VERY smart move by them. They would put cable/satellite companies out of business.

Google Fiber alone is creating a second Silicon Valley in K.C. It's so fast and so cheap that businesses are relocating there just for the internet. St. Louis City F'd up by not getting Google to start their GF network here.

So yeah, I'd say Google is a great investment. I just worry about them getting too big. Usually when companies get too big they stop worrying about the customer and just worry about the shareholders and that's when they start doing horrible, horrible things.
Google has been "doing horrible, horrible things" since they launched. They just hide it all very well.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
V3 said:

I don't think cable/satellite companies will ever go out of business. Too many companies like BSPN, WWE, Disney, Viacom (Nick, Comedy Central, etc) have stakes in it.

Wonder how Google and Sunday Ticket would work tho.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stranger said:
This is NOT good for the us.

bluecoconuts said:
ramsince62 said:

What's the fight about?

Google is developing a car that drives itself, they've been testing it for a while now. It's driven though large cities (all over Los Angeles) and has been working great. They've taken it back and fourth between Los Angeles and Vegas as well. Essentially it's the car of the future, and so far in the thousands of hours and miles they have driven these cars (there's a few of them now) they have been in two accidents. One of them when a driver was manually driving it, and another when someone rear ended one at a stop light because they weren't paying attention. Needless to say they seem to be very safe.

So with cars that don't crash, suddenly car insurance wont really be necessary, not nearly for the price people pay now. Also will less accidents there's less need to go to the body shop. With enough of these cars on the road (when they're more affordable of course)there will also be a drastic reduction in accidents due to drunk driving, and others which will mean less deaths and injuries which could put a dent in health insurance and life insurance.... So these big companies aren't going to like that, and will likely go to court against Google eventually. Which is why google is pushing hard for autonomous automobile laws in states (and have gotten a few passed already).

It wont be for a while now, but eventually that's a fight that'll happen, and it's going to be one hell of a legal battle.