O line backups?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would be now that saffold left. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say for his talent 6 mil is pretty cheap.
A below average pass blocker and an average run blocker and now it seems like we’re doomed without him. I like Jamon he was a good guy but this romanticizing former Rams never fails to amaze me.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
As Noteboom, Allen and Demby were drafted last year and essentially put thru a year of training - the Rams will likely draft a couple of OL this year and put them through a similar year of training. I trust the Rams coaching staff in identifying quality OL in the draft. I do believe the Rams need to bring in at least 1 solid vet to fill out the OL depth and fill in should someone get hurt. I am not confident in Williams or Demby should they need to fill in. Ryan Groy comes to mind but I trust the Rams have scouted out several candidates.
I also would feel more comfortable with at least one veteran backup, but last season our backups were all rookies. Noteboom, Allen and Demby were the backups. Given that Noteboom and Allen are likely starters this coming season, I hope the coaching staff adjusts their thinking and brings in a veteran backup interior lineman.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
A below average pass blocker and an average run blocker and now it seems like we’re doomed without him. I like Jamon he was a good guy but this romanticizing former Rams never fails to amaze me.

How so? Because I said this would be a lot easier if we still had him on the roster? Some of you are so overly critical on this site it amazes me we still have people who want to come here and post.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
What about Greg Robinson?? Oh wait ??

Who did The Rams draft for him ?? In trade to Detroit
Not sure how can compare the two ... One played at a high level on one of the best olines in the NFL. The other not so much

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jamon Brown ?? Didn’t Greg Robinson sign a new contract to play LT ??
Yes they both signed new contracts to start this offseason. We let both go and both have moved on and been paid. We didn’t miss a beat losing either of them in fact our line has been among the leagues best since we moved them.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Not sure how can compare the two ... One played at a high level on one of the best olines in the NFL. The other not so much

Jamon Brown ?? Didn’t Greg Robinson sign a new contract to play LT ??

Say what ?? Beckham ??? Will see if he does better with Robinson than with Brown blocking for him ??

The Cleveland Browns have re-signed OL Greg Robinson.

Robinson joined the Browns last season and appeared in all 16 games, starting the final eight at left tackle. Cleveland surrendered just five sacks during the second half of the season -- the lowest of any team in the league -- compared to 33 in the first half. Robinson protected for QB Baker Mayfield, who set an NFL rookie record with 27 touchdown passes, and opened holes for RB Nick Chubb, who set a Browns rookie record with 996 rushing yards.

Originally selected by the Rams with the second overall pick in 2014, Robinson has started 56 of his 68 career games with the Rams (2014-16), Lions (2017) and Browns (2018). He is a native of Thibodaux, La. and attended Auburn.

In addition, the team has waived WR Daniel Williams. Williams spent the final four weeks

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Yes they both signed new contracts to start this offseason. We let both go and both have moved on and been paid. We didn’t miss a beat losing either of them in fact our line has been among the leagues best since we moved them.

Well let’s just say that Les Snead & his scouts know talent.Weather Greg Robinson should have been drafted that high is another thing. Young offensive lineman take time to develop.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well let’s just say that Les Snead & his scouts know talent.Weather Greg Robinson should have been drafted that high is another thing. Young offensive lineman take time to develop.
And as we’ve seen with free agents we’ve signed sometimes players need a change of scenery or a coaching change to realize their abilities. GRob May develop into a pro bowler, but what we saw here with the Rams that seemed unlikely, same with Jamon.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
And as we’ve seen with free agents we’ve signed sometimes players need a change of scenery or a coaching change to realize their abilities. GRob May develop into a pro bowler, but what we saw here with the Rams that seemed unlikely, same with Jamon.

I’m not a big fan of Austin Blythe as a starting RG. I believe he helped to the Super Bowl lose. Watch the last 5 games. He was not impressive at all. The Rams need an upgrade & Noteboom should have been starting.
Will see what happens in 2019 ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not a big fan of Austin Blythe as a starting RG. I believe he helped to the Super Bowl lose. Watch the last 5 games. He was not impressive at all. The Rams need an upgrade & Noteboom should have been starting.
Will see what happens in 2019 ?
Yes it seemed to me he and Sullivan wore down or tired out. The super bowl emphasized that.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Yes it seemed to me he and Sullivan wore down or tired out. The super bowl emphasized that.

Yeah - Inthink He is on the lighter side. I actually like him at Center, but there are some around here that think the opposite.

I’m not sold on Allen, but here we go again with younger O”lineman. Allen being a 4 year guy though vs Brown & Robinson in college.Think there is something to be said about that.
Will see about demby as well. He is going into his 2nd year with Kromer. I think he has a little Nasty to him, which I like. He foot work &
Knowledge will be key. Think it goes foot & foot sort of say.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Yeah - Inthink He is on the lighter side. I actually like him at Center, but there are some around here that think the opposite.

I’m not sold on Allen, but here we go again with younger O”lineman. Allen being a 4 year guy though vs Brown & Robinson in college.Think there is something to be said about that.
Will see about demby as well. He is going into his 2nd year with Kromer. I think he has a little Nasty to him, which I like. He foot work &
Knowledge will be key. Think it goes foot & foot sort of say.
Demby will also need to get stronger and in better physical shape. If he does so he has the footwork and the hand and eye coordination to be a quality lineman.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Brown is more a power type scheme guy who is iffy in pass pro. He wasn't a fit especially with FA pending. The hand wringing over his trade is a bit too much IMO.

Rams are finishing a retooling of the line this season and will be just fine.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hypothetical question for y’all.

What if Kromer had been GRob’s OL coach from the start?

Think maybe we would have seen better results? Lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hypothetical question for y’all.

What if Kromer had been GRob’s OL coach from the start?

Think maybe we would have seen better results? Lol.
Hate to say it, GRob had all the tools to become a HOFer, except one...He was dumb as a bag of hammers...

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Brown is more a power type scheme guy who is iffy in pass pro. He wasn't a fit especially with FA pending. The hand wringing over his trade is a bit too much IMO.

I hope your right on this one only time will tell but they need to get some more help for the OL in April, if Bradberry is there at 31 they can't pass on him.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick

The release of Jamon Brown was surprising, but to keep Demby played into it ? He was a FA who The Rams were not willing to pay , plus special teams.
The Rams against the Bears only had 7 lineman with Allen & Noteboom the subs. They both played. Noteboom for Saffold & Allen for

How does that look to you ??

I don’t see it !! This season is one thing, but then again Whit,Saffold,& Sullivan have been the core. Blythe I hope isn’t the future, & Big Hav is fairly solid as a RT.

I can’t tell you who the backups & even the 2 backups as starters ? Is Noteboom a LT or LG ? Will see what that looks like when Whitworth is gone. Then again maybe he plays for another 3 years. Jackie Slater kept Contemplating retirement.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The release of Jamon Brown was surprising, but to keep Demby played into it ? He was a FA who The Rams were not willing to pay , plus special teams.
The Rams against the Bears only had 7 lineman with Allen & Noteboom the subs. They both played. Noteboom for Saffold & Allen for

It's been rehashed a thousand times but Browns release was two fold. First was cap implications we needed space when we traded for Fowler. Brown was a backup the other possible cuts were starters so that was a simple and easy solution. Second was as we've seen already this off season and last year the coaching staff feels Noteboom is and would be better than Brown. Add in we had Demby, or could get him back along with Neary and cutting Brown makes all the sense in the world.