Number 3 Defense in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Love our D super happy with their play, The 1 point I would make and please if someone has this stat or knows more than I chime in.
It seems as though we give up a lot of long first drives or points on one of the first 3 drives of the game. I also feel like we would not be anywhere near the top of the league in 3 and outs but I would love to know for sure. Thoughts ?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought you were in the defense wins championships school?
Don't know where you got that... :sneaky:

But let me clarify for you... I do believe defense is the most important part of an NFL team... hard to lose if the opponent can't score on you. And, in fact, that's a lot of what's going on with the Rams right now.

But it's not realistically sustainable all season. The offense (in particular, passing offense) has to contribute more than they currently are.

Wouldn't you agree, Elvis? :cool:

MrMotes

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know where you got that... :sneaky:

I got it from you:

I am old... therefore, I believe the game is won and lost in the trenches and defense wins championships.

We have a defense that may well be good enough to win a championship without much offense, ala Tampa Bay or Baltimore. That's a pretty tough row to hoe but it's doable.

On the other hand you have the NY Giants with our old friend Steve Spagnulo coordinating their defense to dead last in the NFL (by yards) having just given up 52 point and 7 passing TD's to the Saints. But The Giants have a good passing offense and lead their crappy division at 4-4.

Personally, i'm loving our defense and hoping it takes us somewhere good...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got it from you:
Well, it does start off with "I'm old" so... but thanks for throwing it back at me... you have a very good memory, it turns out. :sneaky:

On the other hand you have the NY Giants with our old friend Steve Spagnulo coordinating their defense to dead last in the NFL (by yards) having just given up 52 point and 7 passing TD's to the Saints. But The Giants have a good passing offense and lead their crappy division at 4-4.
Couldn't care less what Steve Spagnuolo does.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe it's a character defect but i love watching Spagnulo fail somewhere other than here...
You do seem a little obsessed with him, not sure why.

I mean, Linehan was terrible too.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I follow Linehan too. He's done well since leaving the Rams.

Spagnulo OTOH has been a real crap show...
Well, Spagnuolo hasn't had much to work with while Linehan recently has had Romo and Murray... he doesn't have them now, how's he doing?

Always seemed odd to me to follow ex-Rams.

To each his own... if Spagnuolo failing in NY with a rag-tag mess of a defense makes you feel better, so be it.

:deadhorse:

MrMotes

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To each his own... if Spagnuolo failing in NY with a rag-tag mess of a defense makes you feel better, so be it.

I'm tempted to call it a guilty pleasure but i don't even feel guilty about it.

Watching him fail (when it's not with the Rams) is a lot of fun...