Number 2 Pick: Rams On The Clock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I wanna see Sam, Zac, and the receivers happy. Re-sign Beetlejuice and draft Big Greg.

jjab360

Legend
I would be happy with that pick if for some reason we didn't trade down.

jjab360

Legend
It is an insult to Greg Robinson to even put him in the same sentence as Jason Smith. :vomit: Please watch him play before coming to such a conclusion based off of only a couple of clips.

tonyl711

Starter
we wont be picking #2, we will be picking either 3rd or 8th IMO, Cleveland is a possibility to trade with because at #4 they are just out of the range of the top 3 QBs, the Vikings are a possibility because they need a QB before they waste all APs good years. other than those 2 I don't think anyone trades down. if your going to trade to get to Clowney I don't think you need to be higher than #4, the first 3 picks will be QBs IMO.
hopefully we trade with the Browns get the number 4 pick plus a second or third this year and a first for next year, then we trade the number 4 pick to someone who wants Clowney for another second or third this year and a first or second for next year. I know its a bit farfetched but hey a guy can dream cant he?

Ramifications

Trade 1.2 to CLE for Manziel or Bortles.

At 1.4, we take Robinson, Watkins or Matthews.

Hope that narrows it down. ;^)

I go back and forth between WR and LT, maybe I should heed the fact that historically Fisher hasn't taken OL in the first round (contrarian thread notwithstanding). So Watkins.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bordeau coaches players up. Henderson is the perfect tackle prospect in my opinion. Has all the size and tools.

jjab360

Legend
Never thought much of Smith, I don't see the comparison. He played almost strictly out of the 2 point stance, consistently got bailed out by RG3's scrambling abilities, and I never saw anthing about him that stood out when compared to the average Big 12 offensive tackle, especially when compared to Monroe, A. Smith, and Oher that same year. Comparing Robinson to Smith is like comparing Clowney to Vernon Gholston, imo.

jap

Legend

As I recall, Greg Robinson was said to have remarkable feet but has not been coached well with what to do with them in pass protection. However, he is a dominant run blocker right now. He could be taken by the Rams and inserted at guard immediately. With Coach Bou available to coach his pass protection technique, he can grow into a dominant NFL tackle.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Robinson is very raw and would need a year to get his technique right to play in the nfl

You would think that a guy who is considered "raw" with elite talent can be plugged in at guard (if thats were he is expected to play) and start immediately.

RFIP

It's hard to argue with that type of talent though I wonder why I keep hearing people say his feet are slow and he's a liability in pass pro?

That said, IF he turns out to be their guy the good news is he'll be there at 4 or 5 in a trade down scenario.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Exactly my thoughts. I think Robinson will be available at 10 imo....lets do this Detroit :wink:
Just me here but Its my belief that Gerald Robinson is a much better player with a much higher ceiling than the top three OT taken in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Last year the three best OT's all three went in the top 4 picks so IMO Gerald Robinson will certainly NOT be there @ the #10 pick. OT's is flip side of these desired pass rushers....a position that is in very high demand for most all teams....we have just seen where other OLT's who do not have anything close to the skills of a Gerald Robinson like Zack Martin & Morgan Moses jetted up way into the first round now in less than a few weeks..many others will also climb up @ the conclusion of the combine. Its all about the big three in these modern NFL drafts....pass rushers, QB's & the OT's!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You would think that a guy who is considered "raw" with elite talent can be plugged in at guard (if thats were he is expected to play) and start immediately.

If the season started today what do the Rams have @ both OG posts who could start ? .....Naw were in great shape..Fishers has Brandon Washington & Harvey Dahl ...what ?....you say that Harvey can't start cuz he just had ankle surgery and his knee MCL strain is still giving him a lot of trouble...OK then we will start Mike Persons & Brandon Washington then...were still fine!

If Snead made this very raw incomplete OLT who just happen to destroyed all who lined up in front of him this season the top selection Gerald Robinson would sure get a lot of work. Jake Long who if you recall just a few days ago had a doctors visit so he may be out a while but he is sure to be close to 100% healed with some conditioning under his belt by the first regular game.....but Jake will certainly miss all of Training camp & Pre Season. I wonder who could play OLT & get some serious reps up against the Rams RDE (I don't recall his name Bob or Rob somebody) anyway by the time season started there might be a small hole the size of the Grand Canyon a few feet right of the OLT post that he could get inserted into???? when & if Jake Long returns to previous OLT playing form.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Bordeau coaches players up. Henderson is the perfect tackle prospect in my opinion. Has all the size and tools.

Seantrel?
He does have the size, but apparently not much of a work ethic. At least according to Al Golden.

Boudreau is a very good coach, but you have to want to improve for any coaching to work.