NRR: Noteworthy Day 2 Performances

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really liked what the Packers did. They got J Jackson on top of their day one pick of Alexander, adding two guys with elite ball skills who can make QBs pay. Movin up for Burks I thought was a little nuts, since I'm not the biggest fan of the dude in that range, but still that defense is going to be enormously better.

Same with the Titans, who with their day two pick added Landry on top of yesterday's selection of Evans. Landry in round two is good value and that defense needed those young legs at LB.

Eagles moved down, accrued a 2019 round two pick, and still got a nice fit in Goedert. Roseman's a damn ninja man.

Vikes just know what they're doing. They followed up a fine first round pick of CB Hughes with O'Neill, who was very good value at 62.

And of course the Jags, who are suddenly a smart franchise IMO, get Chark with good value and still nabbed Harrison.

Overall I was surprised teams didn't reach more for OTs, as well. Expected much more of a panic effect with the position.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Really liked what the Packers did. They got J Jackson on top of their day one pick of Alexander, adding two guys with elite ball skills who can make QBs pay. Movin up for Burks I thought was a little nuts, since I'm not the biggest fan of the dude in that range, but still that defense is going to be enormously better.

Same with the Titans, who with their day two pick added Landry on top of yesterday's selection of Evans. Landry in round two is good value and that defense needed those young legs at LB.

Eagles moved down, accrued a 2019 round two pick, and still got a nice fit in Goedert. Roseman's a damn ninja man.

Vikes just know what they're doing. They followed up a fine first round pick of CB Hughes with O'Neill, who was very good value at 62.

And of course the Jags, who are suddenly a smart franchise IMO, get Chark with good value and still nabbed Harrison.

Overall I was surprised teams didn't reach more for OTs, as well. Expected much more of a panic effect with the position.

I thought that was exactly what was happening in round three. OT's were all the rage and most of them were taken much too soon. But OTs are in high demand in the NFL. College spread offenses are not developing them. The are getting to be like QBs taken in round one. Supply and demand. This is a weak OT class.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not a fan of O'Neill. Personally, the drafts I've been impressed with thus far are:
Chicago - Gave up a 2nd, but Miller, Smith, and Daniels is quite the haul
Dallas - Very nice trio
Eagles - Goedert is such great value
Titans - Two great picks
Jets - Things panned out perfectly for them following the trade
Redskins - Very nice trio of players, but I'm angry at them for stealing Christian from me
Packers - For the reasons you mentioned
Falcons - Have taken value and had a good feel for the flow of the Draft
Ravens - I would have taken Goedert over Hurst, but I think Lamar Jackson at #32 was a huge get. And I really like Orlando Brown Jr.
Patriots - Made some very shrewd moves

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought that was exactly what was happening in round three. OT's were all the rage and most of them were taken much too soon. But OTs are in high demand in the NFL. College spread offenses are not developing them. The are getting to be like QBs taken in round one. Supply and demand. This is a weak OT class.

No doubt. Just expected it to be a little worse, starting a bit earlier due to so many teams needing the big guys.

I'm not a fan of O'Neill.

Me either. But where they got him, in a draft where I expected more desperation wrt the position, was a nice value.

IMO the Vikes and Rams have probably done the best job among last year's contenders in boosting their teams for this year's run. Vikes probably moreso due to having few glaring holes but getting a good QB fit and a CB who I think will be a perennial pro bowler that late in the first round. Their fans should be pumped.