NRC and Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen much discussion about how BAD these guys cost the Rams on Sunday. The terrible "500" ball that Joiner inexplicable allowed? The two TERRIBLE PI penalties the NRC somehow got away with. If Joiner knocks that ball down, we are most likely not listening to this BS narrative that the refs gave this game to the Rams. Likewise, if NRC turns his fucking head, he has a pretty easy pick with room to run. At the very least, a routine knock down. Just bad bad bad football by those guys on Sunday. I don't trust LJ at ALL anymore, and I expect the Patsies to try to abuse NRC in hopes that the refs will pretty much call anything close on him. Anyone else worried about this?

This is just me venting a bit as I watch ANOTHER discussion of how the Rams were gifted a SB.. I hate the media. Turning off until SB Sunday.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
NRC had a bad game, he's been solid to this point and not sure what happen against the Saints, but he looked like a man lost between two shores. As to Joyner, he's just not making the plays and the pass to Ginn was another opportunity to just knock the ball down and he didn't. Keep waiting for Joyner to prove me wrong, but it has not been a good season for him in a contract year.

My hope, Joyner saved his best for last and as to NRC, the Rams will need him big time against the Pats because I'm betting they will have him against Edelman and he needs to get in front of him to stop that damn slant they run every single time.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Joyner had the better position on that ball. If he goes for the INT he has to high point it. He has not played like a player worthy of a franchise tag.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m just really disappointed that DRC didn’t keep quiet about the PI.
Tough call, we appreciate honesty with these guys but he’s been essentially bragging that it was PI, that he intended PI, and that he’s as surprised as anyone they didn’t call it....
As for Joyner, he misplayed that ball, but I don’t recall anyone else getting a catch off of him

Liberator

Pro Bowler
NRC had one fo the best PFF scores on Sunday. I didn't think he was bad at all. Brees had a <40 QBR when throwing at him.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor ball skills . Joyner can't judge a fly ball . Guys that play with their backs to the QB will never be elite . Get your head turned around and knock it down or pick it off . Nothing good happens when you run through the receiver . Drives me crazy

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
NRC could have cost them the game. Bad plays at bad times but overall he has been a solid player Joyner has not had a great year and I would hope Wade goes over that sad effort in the play and that we do not see that sort of effort again. Go get the ball or knock it down. You aren't fielding a punt.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
NRC had one fo the best PFF scores on Sunday. I didn't think he was bad at all. Brees had a <40 QBR when throwing at him.

He got away w 2 flags and dropped a pick.

Still, I’m glad to have him out there in two weeks.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Joyner was too busy watching the ball that he didnt know the position of the receiver. Joyner thought the ball was just going to fall right into his hands.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
NRC is a very good slot corner. He will be important against the Patriots.

Joyner? It's nice that he can cover the quicker smaller receivers too. He's just not the type to cover the deep ball. Too short, not fast with long speed or sideline to sideline. Good short area quickness though.

I worry about him against a guy like Dorsett, but he's perfect for guys like Edelman, so is NRC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Joyner? It's nice that he can cover the quicker smaller receivers too. He's just not the type to cover the deep ball. Too short, not fast with long speed or sideline to sideline. Good short area quickness though.

I worry about him against a guy like Dorsett, but he's perfect for guys like Edelman, so is NRC.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, because those calls were not made. They were obvious calls as well. I like NRC, but if that was a good game, .. Yikes. And what was he doing shooting his mouth off about the call after the game???? Emburrsin...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like both of them.. a lot.

And I like Marcus Peters.

A game or a season even does not define my opinion of a player or their role in bringing the RAMS a Championship. This year hasn't been their best, but they are fighters, they are RAMS and they have all worked to get here.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
NRC could have had two picks in that game if he just turned his damn head around. Even on the last non called PI that would have been a pick 6 if he just looked for the ball. That is one thing I don't see with our corners when in man coverage.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NRC has not played as many snaps this season as he did last season. Wade utilized a ton of three safeties with Marqui Christian instead. Going up against the Saints was a tall order for him many times when #58 & #26 were not assigned to cover Alvin NRC was. NRC was on the field more this past Sunday than any other time IMO. That's why we saw so much of him. NRC normally plays much better. Not sure why his game was off so much.

Joyner has been discussed all season long, non of it positive. In truth, LJ has been the most consistent DB game after game:(. Of course, if his play is poor in pass defense then that's going to cost the Rams big .....& it has. The further LJ plays from the LOS the danger of a bad play increases dramatically.LJ had a good game against Dallas in stopping the run.

Joyner is a far better player in the run game when he is forced to making tackles up close. LJ is our Wade's least effective DB out of the five & the most expensive to pay this season. LJ has excellent LB'ing skills is a Nickle Back sized body. LJ will be a Ram for one more very big game & I am sure there is a guy named Bill who makes the decisions during the game for the NE Pats is sure to exploit all his weaknesses that LJ has demonstrated this season with the Rams.

I have been questioning the Rams corner & safeties two coaches here for most of this season too.:huh: Just appears this secondary has not played close to the skill level that is here this season. LJ will not return to haunt us next season.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Joyner had the better position on that ball. If he goes for the INT he has to high point it. He has not played like a player worthy of a franchise tag.

That was a jump ball between two guys with awful ball skills.

That was the knock on Joyner coming out of college. He seemed to improve the last few years, but that was brutal.

Stump23

Rookie

Joyner is not a burner but when Peters let Cooper go in the Dallas game he made a huge adjustment and made a beeline to just about disrupt the ball. He was easily 5 to 8 yards behind Cooper and caught up to him and almost made a huge play. Big pick against KC this year and last year vs. Arizona had one as well. I'm not saying he's All Pro, not even suggesting we re-sign him and yeah, something seems off this year with him. It's a good thing that FA safeties are not that expensive against the cap vs. other skill positions, so we should be able to resolve this next year. As someone mentioned, hope Brady doesn't pick him apart!!

Ellard80

Legend
Joyner made a terrible play.. but honestly I've done that many times playing football (though obviously not at anywhere close to that level). You see the ball coming down right at you - you settle under it thinking it's going to land in your chest.... then someone jumps up in front of you and snags it almost literally right out of your hands. It's seems to happen way more when you're the defender.

Happens with rebounding a basketball also - yeah that's why you try to high point it, but it's easy to do.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I didn't think NRC had a bad game at all, or this season, something tells me that the DBs were asked to bully the receivers and they did just that. Michael Thomas was non-existent and the NO passing game didn't click at all. on the whole the CBs did a great job against and ELITE QB and one of the best receiving corps in the league.

Joyner on the other hand has been MIA for the most part of this seasons games, whenever I see a whiffed tackle I'm like "oh shit, who was that" and it's like ohh Joyner again... I can't see him back with us next year unless its at a team friendly rate, he'd better ball out in the SB.

Damn that feels god to say "In the Super Bowl"