Now THIS Looks Like a Kick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wow,,, long ride. Looks very fun, although I was also thinking that it looked like a guaranteed sore neck.

I kept waiting for a small animal or deer to hop out on the track. :?!:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's wicked! Awesome!

I wonder how fast it's going? I wonder how much they have to disassemble to revert the hill back into a ski hill?

PS: 503... I've done skydiving too. Did it twice. Glad I got it on my life's resume.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sky diving is a blast, everyone should do it at least once how long did you free fall? I'm assuming you jumped in tandem for your first one, or did you go solo?

That ride looks awesome too, hopefully I can go there sometime and try it out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well. Next time I'm in Austria...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Sky diving is a blast, everyone should do it at least once how long did you free fall? I'm assuming you jumped in tandem for your first one, or did you go solo?

We did a free fall for a little over a minute. Yes tandem at 13,000 ft. The weirdest thing was watching my two boys drop out of the plane in front of me. Zip... gone. :zomg1:

I thought I'd be more scared when jumping out of the plane. In fact I'd hoped I'd be more scared. But it was pretty damned cool. We had my youngest go with the videographer (sp?). It was pretty cool to watch. I will post to my youtube channel and then here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Well. Next time I'm in Austria...

I know - right? All those times kicking around Vienna with nothing to do... Who knew? Could have just hopped in a taxi. :sly:

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
bluecoconuts said:

We did a free fall for a little over a minute. Yes tandem at 13,000 ft. The weirdest thing was watching my two boys drop out of the plane in front of me. Zip... gone. :zomg1:

I thought I'd be more scared when jumping out of the plane. In fact I'd hoped I'd be more scared. But it was pretty damned cool. We had my youngest go with the videographer (sp?). It was pretty cool to watch. I will post to my youtube channel and then here.

The scariest part is in the plane before your first jump. Once you exit its pretty awesome. You can try different styles too, static jump, military style (ripcord is in a different spot), HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening), and I'm sure you can do HAHO (high opening) as well.

They're all pretty fun. My personal favorite is a HAHO at night, great view and you have plenty of time to enjoy it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:
bluecoconuts said:

The scariest part is in the plane before your first jump. Once you exit its pretty awesome. You can try different styles too, static jump, military style (ripcord is in a different spot), HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening), and I'm sure you can do HAHO (high opening) as well.

They're all pretty fun. My personal favorite is a HAHO at night, great view and you have plenty of time to enjoy it.

I thought I'd be REALLY scared waiting to jump. I just wasn't - not sure why. Maybe because I'm old and had a pretty full life - so it I'd probably rather die this way than being hit by a bus. :tooth:

We're looking at eventually doing the full course which includes HALO and some aerobatics as well as point turns. Kinda spendy but we will do it when we get the chance. I don't think they do night jumps but that sounds ultra-cool. I still haven't done a night time scuba dive and I REALLY want to do that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's probably hard to find a place that does night jumps, I just did it in the Army, but it's fun. I was nervous my first jump, but it was a static jump, just follow the guy in front and let gravity do the rest. :lmao:

Glad you had fun though, it's a blast that's for sure!