Now that it’s just about over I can say…this was a strange offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
It feels good to sit back and not really give a shit how the team does. I mean last season was sort of that way too but I didn't see the SB hangover effect or the decay or whatever you want to call it hitting that fast. But this time around I'm in that kind of mindset where I was through the 90s, where I'm hoping they win but when they don't welp guess I'll start following the draft.

Honestly the Rams kind of killed my draft interest with this modern approach. I still watch of course but I don't spend nearly as much time looking at players.

This college season I have earmarked the QBs of interest and will continue to do so. I think keeping up to date with them as well as the cornerstone spots as the college season goes on will be a fun deviation for me this year. Because the Rams will certainly be taking a cornerstone position in this draft. So if we draft high hey no sweat. I'm all good and it feels like a break in a lot of ways.

Now back to polishing that Lombardi. :startstruck::trophy:
Is “polishing that Lombardi” a double entendre?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know there wasn’t a ton of wiggle room over the summer, but I’m surprised at the lack of moves. Especially since McVay came back. Last season almost killed him, he almost bounced for television. I assumed when he decided to return it would be because the team wasn’t standing still. Most books have had the O/U win total between 5.5-6.5 all summer. Why would McVay come back for that?

I get the feeling they’ve essentially said to Stafford, AD, and Kupp “let’s give it one more year. If we’ve found something with these youngsters we’ll really get aggressive and make some moves next offseason to try and make another run. If there’s nothing here, you will all be somewhere else next year and not hear for the rebuild”.

I'm pretty sure McVay knew what he was getting himself into. 2022 was a shock to his system. He wasn't accustomed to that kind of losing. I think he came back because he won't be shocked by another losing season. In fact, he probably expects it.

He took the league by storm when he started. Eventually won a championship. I think he wants to stick around and see if he can build it back up. Its a whole new challenge for him.

So they set themselves up with 14 draft picks. Sure, most were day 3. But when you have that many you increase your odds of finding some keepers. And having them under your control for 4 years. Its like throwing 14 darts all at once. Most miss the board but the odds are a few will hit it.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
It feels like they bought a great house where the first few years the mortgage was reasonable. They had pool parties. Holiday parties. Lived it up. Champagne and caviar. Filet Mignon. Lobster. It was a great time. Everyone had fun.

Then the balloon payment came due. Had to sell the great house. Sell all the nice furniture. Sell the Mercedes and BMW's. Buy a small Ford compact car. Move into a studio. Cheap wine from a box. Hungry man TV dinners. Hot pockets.

They have to save up their money again to try for another nice house down the road. But this time do it smart and try to hold onto it.
Why does this post remind me of divorce?

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the off season they could afford. No NFL team can keep up that kind of spending and trade aquisitions and make it last. They thought they could pull it through the year after, but they forgot just how hard it was, or how hard it is to do. Now they have to settle down and make it work with youth. I do not mind it at all. AS long as this front office and coaching staff stay together, they could pice meal another run. If they do not retire, of which I am going to be really tired of if the talk happens again next year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
What a loooonnng strange trip it's been.

Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
You know... she just isn't the same....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In my opinion;

He came back because he’s an elite head coach. While he might also turn out be a great broadcaster, he’s more than likely to be just another talking head at that.

Not to mention, that’s a job he can always consider later. For now, he’s at the top of the mountain in his current profession and current with today’s game strategy.

I’d also say he came back for the same reason Mike Tomlin came back in 2003, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2022. You don’t win every year. It’s a lame look to pick up your toys and leave after a down season… especially when he knew the F-them-picks strategy was going to steal from the future a little.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, I love the answer by McVay, and I'm so happy he's our coach.