Now Terrell Lewis has a knee injury?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Thanks for the Post 65... At least you gave me a game like I asked Kudo';s and like I posted I wish him the best..

When I posted about GRob making blocks on players I was wrong, even thou I said Lewan might be better...

I was the guy pushing AD, Big Time,watched him against Miami lord o lord did he beat double teams against players that would be NFL picks...

I was pretty good back in the day, way more than 50 percent, but now we while see..Lewis might have a good game here and there but 4 years, ah no.. Stay Tune

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Thanks for the Post 65... At least you gave me a game like I asked Kudo';s and like I posted I wish him the best..

When I posted about GRob making blocks on players I was wrong, even thou I said Lewan might be better...

I was the guy pushing AD, Big Time,watched him against Miami lord o lord did he beat double teams against players that would be NFL picks...

I was pretty good back in the day, way more than 50 percent, but now we while see..Lewis might have a good game here and there but 4 years, ah no.. Stay Tune
Aw c’mon now, lol, as I recall you were butt buddies :shock: with that nimrod BobbyOrr at RStalk banging the table for Tavon Austin

Getting this talent in round 3 is a potential steal, lol it’s not like we gave up two first rounders to move up for a one trick pony now, is it?

Good to see you back

Last edited:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Aw c’mon now, lol, as I recall you were butt buddies :shock: with that nimrod BobbyOrr at RStalk banging the table for Tavon Austin

Good to see you back

Ok me liking the Tasvon Pick OMG lol love you Bro put Ah I clearly said Tavon was No Better than a 2nd rounder and it was a WR we wanted stay and draft Hopkins...Trading up for a 2 wr was dumb as caca.....

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Ok me liking the Tasvon Pick OMG lol love you Bro put Ah I clearly said Tavon was No Better than a 2nd rounder and it was a WR we wanted stay and draft Hopkins...Trading up for a 2 wr was dumb as caca.....

oh...well never mind then, must have confused you with one of your twins, lol, Hopkins was the obvious pick although I was banging the table for Keenan Allen

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ill put it out there on the major wrongs from 2010 since to this year...

I have not posted on a board in 3 years, because of my health,lack of watching college kids etc etc..

Ever since 2007 with that Fed up JZ, BD and Yes Snead, I busted Big Time on Stupidity...

I can't remember how I was right more times than them, my biggest bust was Bradford and Smith.

Biggest Wrongs GRob and Goff.. Reason I was down on Goff was if J Fish was the coach where the heck was Goff going in the future ??

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
oh...well never mind then, must have confused you with one of your twins, lol, Hopkins was the obvious pick although I was banging the table for Keenan Allen
Honest I wanted the Rams to stay... My posts on stl.today said this.

Never in the History as a College WR has the number 2 had more success than the 1, that was Bailey.

Ram65

Legend

If you don't like the pick....you don't like the pick I get it. At least now you are saying he might have had some good games here and there.

I remember watching an interview with TLew (might have been a Rams coach) I think it was at the Senior Bowl. He seemed like a good kid with a good football IQ. Then I looked him up and the injury history had me thinking the Rams were going to be interested after Guley and Cooks. Well. I was wrong. I understand why the Rams took him. Considering all the first-round busts spending a late third-round pick in what looks like a very good Rams draft makes sense to me. The McVay era Rams have been drafting mostly players with long-playing history many that played at the Senior Bowl players. TLew had rave reviews at the Senior Bowl.

Lewis entered his redshirt junior season as a starting outside linebacker for Alabama and was named to the Butkus Award watchlist.[12][13] He finished the season with 31 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 6.0 sacks, 16 quarterback hurries, two pass breakups and one fumble recovery and was named second team All-SEC.[14] Lewis opted not to play in the Citrus Bowl and decided to enter the 2020 NFL Draft, forgoing his final year of NCAA eligibility. Lewis finished his collegiate career with 58 tackles (14.5 for loss), eight sacks, three passes defended and a forced fumble in 26 games played.[15]

He played 11 of those games as a freshman reserve.

Keep posting sounds like you know your stuff. Thankfully it's been a long time since I was at Ram Stalk. This is a great place for Rams fans.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
How do you figure?

'''He had some atrophy from the procedure that we had to do,''' McVay said of the investigative knee procedure, which was done about 10 days ago."

Probably just McVay mispeaking, but the above says the test caused the atrophy.

(not saying it wasn't in Lewis' best interest to find out tho).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
'''He had some atrophy from the procedure that we had to do,''' McVay said of the investigative knee procedure, which was done about 10 days ago."

Probably just McVay mispeaking, but the above says the test caused the atrophy.

(not saying it wasn't in Lewis' best interest to find out tho).
Seems like an extreme stretch to blame the Rams but to each their own :)

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Seems like an extreme stretch to blame the Rams but to each their own :)

Like I said, not blaming them--was in Terrell's best interest no doubt. Just surprised nobody talked about it.

That RamsTalk guy said yesterday he had a scope/cleaning out or something too, so who knows

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I believe it was his elbow, not shoulder. Way too early to compare him with DX.

2020 NFL Draft | Alabama defender Terrell Lewis looks to ...
www.cover1.net › alabama-terrell-lewis-nfl-draft

1. Feb 5, 2020 - Going in order, Lewis suffered a torn right elbow ligament as the result of a play in the backfield against Florida State in the 2017 opener. This ...

Thanks for the correction and great posts Rams65!!

I second your comment about Lewis in the championship game against Georgia: "He had seven tackles and a sack in the 2017 Championship game. That after coming back from the elbow injury earlier in the year." Here's a bit more on that.

Lewis' sack was as big a defensive play as you can make in a college football game.

Overtime in the 2017 championship game (played in January 2018). Game tied in OT. Georgia with a 3d and six on the Alabama 20 yard line. Georgia trying to convert and drive for a game winning td.

Instead Lewis sacked QB Jake Fromm for a 15 or so yard loss to the 35 yard line. Lewis blew around the center and straight up the middle. Fromm didn't have a chance on the play. Georgia nevertheless made a 51 yard field goal to take the lead, but Alabama won the game in the next series on a long TD pass.

Here's a youtube video of the overtime.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0hCVHsRuY
Lewis' play starts at about 2:30.

And a photo, which I can't resist:

And here is another analysis of Lewis' potential upside by a former NFL defensive end. I posted it when he was drafted but I think it remains relevant to the issue of whether the Rams should have used a third round pick on him:

Ram65

Legend
That was a big sack by TLew @FarNorth. He ate ground up so quickly for a man his size. I hope he is back soon. It was reported he is a hard worker when he came back from the elbow injury. He can still help the Rams this year.

Thanks for the other article link. That's where I read about his solid coverage ability. It talked about his massive potential but, he still has some learning and work to do.

Last edited:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
If you don't like the pick....you don't like the pick I get it. At least now you are saying he might have had some good games here and there.

I remember watching an interview with TLew (might have been a Rams coach) I think it was at the Senior Bowl. He seemed like a good kid with a good football IQ. Then I looked him up and the injury history had me thinking the Rams were going to be interested after Guley and Cooks. Well. I was wrong. I understand why the Rams took him. Considering all the first-round busts spending a late third-round pick in what looks like a very good Rams draft makes sense to me. The McVay era Rams have been drafting mostly players with long-playing history many that played at the Senior Bowl players. TLew had rave reviews at the Senior Bowl.

Lewis entered his redshirt junior season as a starting outside linebacker for Alabama and was named to the Butkus Award watchlist.[12][13] He finished the season with 31 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 6.0 sacks, 16 quarterback hurries, two pass breakups and one fumble recovery and was named second team All-SEC.[14] Lewis opted not to play in the Citrus Bowl and decided to enter the 2020 NFL Draft, forgoing his final year of NCAA eligibility. Lewis finished his collegiate career with 58 tackles (14.5 for loss), eight sacks, three passes defended and a forced fumble in 26 games played.[15]

He played 11 of those games as a freshman reserve.

Keep posting sounds like you know your stuff. Thankfully it's been a long time since I was at Ram Stalk. This is a great place for Rams fans.

Heck I hope I'm wrong about him and I want All Ram picks to be HOFers lol.

Just I thought with everything he has, Bama schemes for their Lbers and there's 5 star Players all around that Team. He should have done better.jmjo.

And you're very correct, The McSnead has done a helluva lot better since Vermiel and Company.

I wish Lewis the Very Best.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
It is a long shot he will pan out.

Then again Keenan Allen was a 3rd round pick due to knee injuries and he turned out to be a monster.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Methinks that the Ram medical & training staff will be spending a large amount of time on that medically repaired knee this next month.

So McVay says the problematic knee has some atrophy issues. Normally that would mean that the knee joint has some decrease in size soft tissue components in & around that knee. Time & extra care in getting that knee sound & strong as possible is sure to be the goal for the rest of the season. It may take more than just 3 weeks to obtain that goal for sure.

Its been a while since that knee procedure was done & if there is some wasting away of soft tissue in that knee, that's NOT good news. It all depends on how much atrophy is there versus Lewis's other healthy knee. Let's hope just hope there is a smaller degree of atrophy that can be easily overcome in the next 3 weeks.

The plan was to have NT Robinson, LB Howard & ER Lewis seeing a large number of snaps in this 2020 defense.......so much for that plan.