Now I need some techy (sort of) help

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
About 15 mins ago, I received a call from "Microsoft Corporation" from a guy w/ an accent. He claimed my Windows Defender was turned off and I'm open to hackers. He wanted me to do all kinds of things like installing something called "team viewer" that allows the "35 qualified Microsoft engineers" to determine and fix the "problem." I think it's a spam call. The phone number was from an area code "174" and doing a google search it's a bunch of spam calls.

I take care of my computer and only vist well known and trusted websites. Windows Defender always pops up a notification that it's turned off. I really don't think the "Microsoft Corporation" is concerned enough to actually call me. Any ideas?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'd definitely be wary of that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That was a scam.

Microsoft wouldn't call you over that. If you're that worried you can just take it to geek squad, but I wouldn't have installed or let them do anything. It sounds like they're trying to get you to install a key logger so they can find your credit card information.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you are not in charge of your company's system, I would really doubt that Microsoft would be contacting you over something like this. I'm guessing Blue is right on the money.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it's a def. scam. They said I didn't have to download anything, but they wanted access to my computer. I said call back tomorrow and we'll go through it some more. I think I'm just gonna play the trololololo song instead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
Yeah, it's a def. scam. They said I didn't have to download anything, but they wanted access to my computer. I said call back tomorrow and we'll go through it some more. I think I'm just gonna play the trololololo song instead.

Yeah... when they ask for you, tell them to hold and yell your name. Then keep coming back to the phone and tell them "he's coming". Burn their phone time until they hang up.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:

Yeah... when they ask for you, tell them to hold and yell your name. Then keep coming back to the phone and tell them "he's coming". Burn their phone time until they hang up.

Haha that would be awesome. Play the troll song while they wait. That is if they call tomorrow. But I kinda feel bad for the guy callin, he's just doing his job, and being he's from the same country I have a heritage of, it's kinda of a guilt feeling. It's his employer I want to troll.