Notre Dame DL Louis Nix (knee surgery) out for the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...me-dl-louis-nix-knee-surgery-out-for-the-year

Notre Dame nose guard Louis Nix will miss the rest of the year after undergoing surgery to repair torn meniscus in his knee, Brian Kelly announced on Thursday.

Nix missed time earlier this seaseon due to knee tendinitis, and Kelly said that meniscus damage was found as well. Instead of waiting until the offseason, Nix elected to go ahead with the surgery.

CBSSports.com currently has Nix ranked as the No. 12 overall prospect and No. 1 defensive tackle in the 2014 NFL Draft class, and both Rob Rang and Dane Brugler project him to be a first-round selection. If Nix has plans of joining the 2014 draft class, then getting this kind of surgery done before further injury is a smart career decision.

Nix is a redshirt junior and may return for a fifth year if he chooses. When reporters asked him about the NFL Draft in light of the surgery, Nix was quick to respond with more pressing issues.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damnit, well i still hope we get him even if this causes him to fall, though it might not.

duckhunter

Starter
Yeah, I've been watching this story. Fish doesn't seem to like the risky injury picks or giving up a year of development on guys. Don't blame him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This could influence Nix to stay in school another year. Tough call. Stay in and risk more injury or go to the draft and maybe lose millions by being drafted a round or two lower than projected originally.

V3

Hall of Fame
Feel bad for him but I don't want any DT in the first round.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I've seen many mock drafts with him being one of our first round PIcks. Wonder if this puts him in the 2nd-3rd rounds now. Wouldn't be a bad depth pick at all would it?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I've seen many mock drafts with him being one of our first round PIcks. Wonder if this puts him in the 2nd-3rd rounds now. Wouldn't be a bad depth pick at all would it?

He will be healed for his pro-day, and well before the draft. I still think he is a 1st rounder. But that is just me. If he fell much further, than hell, that is even better!!!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
He will be healed for his pro-day, and well before the draft. I still think he is a 1st rounder. But that is just me. If he fell much further, than hell, that is even better!!!
Yeah I hear ya man! We both know so many things change between now and near draft day! lol It'll be interesting to see how things play out. Imagineour team with another great draft and our current players gelling together and ready for a break out year! I'm so excited for 2014!