Nothing is off the table for the Rams this offseason...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Time for some outside the box thinking, don't you think?

Probably a new (and true) GM. Hope it's a highly respected and experienced type. Learning at the feet of an Ozzie Newsome or a Bill Belichick would count for plenty, as a couple of examples.

Definitely a new HC and staff top to bottom. GW is probably a goner. Would love to keep Fassel.

Gonna be a new results oriented attitude, too. Gone are the days of skipping allowed mini camps and gone will be the country club atmosphere. Only results will matter. NO loyalty to players drafted under Fisher. No coddling, either. Gurley, Tavon, the entire OL, and Kendricks, too. It's gonna be produce or get out of the way of someone who will.

Lots of familiar player faces will be gone, and deservedly so.

I expect a heavier than usual FA strategy will have to be employed this off season. Too many of our current players are just not good enough AND we will lack a 1st rounder. A good example was Garrett Reynolds of last year. Turned out to be one of, if not THE best of our OL. More FA moves like that one, please.

The D will likely revert to a more traditional version after GW's departure. Probably a good thing, huh? So often GW seemed to outsmart himself with some of his schemes.

Hard to say where our draft takes us on Day 2. Needs at DE (I'm afraid Quinn is never gonna be even nearly the same ever again), CB (I'm embarrassed to say that I had thought we were fine at C
cool.gif
, and WR are pretty obvious. And the draft class looks strong at those 3 positions.

Hiring a gifted OL coach is a must. One who can turn around this backsliding current one. GRob, barring a dramatic turnaround under new coaching, no longer deserves to be a starter. Especially with the departure of his patron saints Fisher and Boudreau. Barnes is unlikely to remain as starter, either. The rest? Man, I'm hoping that they can be salvaged with better coaching. But I'm pretty sure that the new HC will have a VERY high priority on OL play for Goff and Gurley. I mean, what HC wouldn't? So, one way or another, we WILL have an improved OL in '17.

Bet we see more emphasis on pass catching TE plays. Duh!

Geez, I'm just scratching the surface here, aren't I?

To summarize, expect a whole lotta changes this offseason. Starting at GM and HC. And expect a ripple effect of personnel moves that will make this roster not only dramatically different looking, but dramatically better.

In short, no idea is too big or too small to be considered.

The uniforms will look the same, but little else will.

Can't wait...