Notes from week 3 of OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Demby at center. That just doesn't sit right with me.

I know I'm no expert at identifying talent but to me, Demby is a JAG.

I just don't see him making the roster.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Demby at center? That's really interesting. I don't know if he'll be able to play center, but if he can, it'll make him able to play all five positions adequately. I think he's going to make the roster this year regardless.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm seeing it more like Kromer's standard procedure for cross-training as many of his guys on the OL as possible.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Demby at center makes me think one of two things is happening.

1. They're thinking, "wow this guy can do anything!"

Or

2. They're thinking, "holy crap Demby, show me you can do something"

I don't have an attachment to Demby, nor have I scouted him or formed an opinion about him (bad or good). That's just my pure outsider reaction to trying him at center.

dang

Legend
It's OTAs. Time to play with all the toys to figure out which stay in the toy box, which go to the attic and which go to Goodwill. Remember last year the Rams were trying Jamon Brown at RT and Havenstein at RG.

fearsomefour

Legend
Packages and sub packages.....the football IQ on the D really jumps out at you......
Unrelated side note, Peters was seen during practice covering orange traffic cones in the parking lot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1135665273749495808

And Aaron Donald is still a freak. Someday we'll have to explain to another generation what it was like to watch this guy and they're not going to believe us.

Aside from Super Bowls, I think it's a great part of being a fan of a team and its heritage. I want to see AD retire as a Ram, to join Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones on the Rams defensive Mt Rushmore....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kromers' seen enough of Demby at LT. :palm:
TBH I think this is what a few others have said. Training backups to be able to play multiple positions it's one of the things Kromer prizes most. If we're going to go into gamedays with only 2 backups it makes sense to have a guy that can play C/G. Demby we know has already put time in at both guard spots and not LT. Give him some time at Center and he's your most valuable backup. Then again this is the normal glass half full self thinking the best. Fortunately it also follows with what we know of McVay and Kromer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1135665273749495808

And Aaron Donald is still a freak. Someday we'll have to explain to another generation what it was like to watch this guy and they're not going to believe us.

I saw a tweet from Myles I think it was of AD taking a snap at HB in one of the early camps. He caught the ball and was running in the open field, can you imagine that madness in a game? AD with a ball in his hands in the flat haha

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wow trying Demby at center
We were all well aware that the Rams knew he was a big developmental prospect. But he did have some very good skills that needed refinement. His biggest issues were LT related naturally since that's where he played & started for four seasons. Most said he lacked fluid footwork for off the edge play. Jamil Demby would get tall & was heavy-footed plus marginally athletic against the pass rushers. Not good stuff if your play LT in the NFL.

Known for having a very powerful punch with constantly moving feet. He was graded high @ being quick to set up & great @ keeping his head on a swivel. Also said he was explosive at the point & effective with his powerful near 11-inch size hands.

Kromer got two new drafted OT's in this year's draft. He also got a gold nugget LT in last year's draft. So his OT prospects look full. It's the interior OL'ers where things must be worked out early. If Demby can master the backup center then it would place him in the shotgun position of being the #6 OL. One of the two dressed OL'ers for the game day ....I would bet that OT Bobby Evans end up being the swing OT & wins the #7 position.

Last edited:

Ants

Starter
Demby at center makes me think one of two things is happening.

1. They're thinking, "wow this guy can do anything!"

Or

2. They're thinking, "holy crap Demby, show me you can do something"

I don't have an attachment to Demby, nor have I scouted him or formed an opinion about him (bad or good). That's just my pure outsider reaction to trying him at center.

OR

3. They're thinking, "wow, the centers we have on the roster are really under-whelming. We better try something else."

But what I really think is going on is that they like a lot of what Demby offers, but he's lacking in certain traits.
I think they're trying to find a way to keep him on the roster as a guy that can play in a pinch if needed for any OL position.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Two things seem pretty obvious.

Kromer really likes Demby.

And Kromer is preparing his OL not only for this year, but also for ‘20 when Whit and possibly Blythe depart.

Gotta love the depth and diversity on Kromer’s OL right now. And it’s gonna be tough to make those final cuts, I think.

Our OL has come a long way, baby.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watching Demby in TC and pre-season games last year was painful. He's going to have to be a whole lot better this time around or he won't make the cut. I'm skeptical that he can improve as much as he needs to. I hope he's done enough this past off season, I'd like to see him make the team.

Ram65

Legend
Can't read too much into Demby at OC until at least we get a quote from Kromer or when the pads come on.

It's good that he is giving it a shot. As was stated you only had seven offensive lineman active last year. Demby becomes more valuable learning to play as many as he can.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Demby at center. That just doesn't sit right with me.

I know I'm no expert at identifying talent but to me, Demby is a JAG.

I just don't see him making the roster.

Agreed. I think our OL depth is better this year as well. Way I see it right now:

Starters: Whit // Boom // Allen // Blythe // Havenstein
Depth: Evans > Edwards > Neary > Demby

Demby's hopes of making the roster are basically going to come down to him vs the other position groups' bottom feeders.