Noteboom agrees to restructure contract, lowers cap hit by 8.4M in 2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Look forward to seeing the details of this “restructure”
Lowering his cap hit from 20 mill to 11.6 sounds great, however if by that it pushed more money in to future dead cap, it’s not great. With 10 mil of dead cap next year, can’t afford any more.
Its hard to believe he took a pay cut from 15 mill to 6.6, but that’s still a lot of $$ for a backup.
They can afford more. Especially with 11 picks a year after 14 picks.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Praise the lord. Thanks Boom! As a swing tackle he's still very valuable to the team.

Psycho_X

Legend
Look forward to seeing the details of this “restructure”
Lowering his cap hit from 20 mill to 11.6 sounds great, however if by that it pushed more money in to future dead cap, it’s not great. With 10 mil of dead cap next year, can’t afford any more.
Its hard to believe he took a pay cut from 15 mill to 6.6, but that’s still a lot of $$ for a backup.
I don't think this added any future dead money? I think it was $10 and $5 mil before for two years... unless that 2026 void year is new? I think he did take a paycut though but not entirely sure how much in actually dollars.

1710531415960.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't think this added any future dead money? I think it was $10 and $5 mil before for two years... unless that 2026 void year is new? I think he did take a paycut though but not entirely sure how much in actually dollars.

View attachment 64803
If I'm reading this right a post June release next year spreads that 10 mil over 2 seasons. Good move. Instead of subbing for 20 mil or not playing for 15 mil (dead cap for 2024), he's next man up for 11.6. Don't tell me these guys aren't extremely intelligent. Another trend the Rams start? Paying your #6 OL handsomely.

Psycho_X

Legend
If I'm reading this right a post June release next year spreads that 10 mil over 2 seasons. Good move. Instead of subbing for 20 mil or not playing for 15 mil (dead cap for 2024), he's next man up for 11.6. Don't tell me these guys aren't extremely intelligent.
Yeah but we can't cut him after june 1st after this season since all that's left are void years. So I think this is what it is unless we cut him this season which won't happen now. And this might not be completely right, still early with the news so Over the Cap might still be updating. Just noticed it was different now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View attachment 64803
Void years and prorated signing bonus are the same.
Base salary reduced from 10 mill to 5 mill, roster bonus reduced from 5 mill to 1 mill, however that per game bonus of 750k can be a friggin nightmare and could put the Rams further behind. Not sure if the roster bonus is capped because 750k x 17 games is 12.75 mill

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm reading this right a post June release next year spreads that 10 mil over 2 seasons. Good move. Instead of subbing for 20 mil or not playing for 15 mil (dead cap for 2024), he's next man up for 11.6. Don't tell me these guys aren't extremely intelligent. Another trend the Rams start? Paying your #6 OL handsomely.
Cant do a post June 1 release next year, his void years will accelerate at the beginning of the '25 league year and will be a 10 mill hit

Psycho_X

Legend
Void years and prorated signing bonus are the same.
Base salary reduced from 10 mill to 5 mill, roster bonus reduced from 5 mill to 1 mill, however that per game bonus of 750k can be a friggin nightmare and could put the Rams further behind. Not sure if the roster bonus is capped because 750k x 17 games is 12.75 mill
Oh yeah, totally missed the "per game" part. Eek, yeah that could get ugly. That'd basically mean we're paying him more, just a different way of pushing that to next year. Will have to see what the final determination is on that before judging.