Noteboom agrees to restructure contract, lowers cap hit by 8.4M in 2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I am very happy with the Rams moves thus far but the Team's Salary Cap balance is a little Wonky.

After the Big-3 of Stafford, Donald and Kupp, the next six largest 2024 cap hits come from 5 offensive linemen and Tyler Higbee who may well miss much of the season rehabbing from his knee surgery.

It's not necessarily a bad thing ... just Wonky ... crooked ... off-center ... askew

fearsomefour

Legend
Nice.
Noteboom helped the team out and can provide depth all across the OL.
Good deal.
I think the Rams are going to trade for Reddick today or tomorrow.
He will cost about $15M in cap space if my memory is right.
I expect one more (at least) restructure coming from Kupp or Stafford.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am very happy with the Rams moves thus far but the Team's Salary Cap balance is a little Wonky.

After the Big-3 of Stafford, Donald and Kupp, the next six largest 2024 cap hits come from 5 offensive linemen and Tyler Higbee who may well miss much of the season rehabbing from his knee surgery.

it's not necessarily a bad thing ... just Wonky ... crooked ... off-center ... askew
It was out of whack the other way for a couple of years with minimum spending on the OL.
Interesting all the three year deals.....makes me think Stafford has committed to that period of time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sweet! This is great. Boom can do a lot for us.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It was out of whack the other way for a couple of years with minimum spending on the OL.
Interesting all the three year deals.....makes me think Stafford has committed to that period of time.
Agree, and maybe on the short-term-plan. However, when I look at the terms of the Dotson and Jackson deals, I think it may be more of a two-year-commitment.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Makes sense to keep Noteboom. Rams know what they have in him. Can plug in all over the Line.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm good with this. We always need good depth. And we have some room for additions. Rams are aleady making smart moves this offseason. And we have our first round pick for the first time in the McVay era. Should be some nice options on draft day.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m still going with a big WR acquisition.

They probably feel that the draft isn’t going to bring an elite rookie in.

Trying to get into McVay’s brain here, and I don’t think HE THINK’S that Nacua, a complimentary Robinson and a declining Kupp is going to be explosive enough.

I agree if that’s the case.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
This is great news, we retain an important swing OL and he takes a big haircut to stay. Good on you Boom.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

It's not necessarily a bad thing ... just Wonky ... crooked ... off-center ... askew
Lots of youth on this team. Jourdan mentioned that they're working on an EJ extension, so it sounds like he'll be the next long-term guy. Puka has a ways to go and I don't know if they'll extended Tutu, Durant, or Kendrick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's good. Noteboom is valuable as a backup.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice move by Boom to restructure. Living up to their opinion of him. :clinkingbeer:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thank you, Noteboom, and welcome back. Let's hope you're only playing in blowouts.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look forward to seeing the details of this “restructure”
Lowering his cap hit from 20 mill to 11.6 sounds great, however if by that it pushed more money in to future dead cap, it’s not great. With 10 mil of dead cap next year, can’t afford any more.
Its hard to believe he took a pay cut from 15 mill to 6.6, but that’s still a lot of $$ for a backup.