Not April Fools…Kaepernick trying another come back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Sigh...........

All these words and the obvious is still there.

If Crap could be a winner he would be on a team.

Teams are blind to nothing else.

Crap has no game management skills.

Let it go.......

Agreed. He was good under Harbaugh but still has a sub par record. I was surprised that he got a settlement from the NFL.

F - him. If he really wanted to stay in the NFl, he could have.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure he could have been a backup. But he turned the Niners offer down because he didn't want to be a backup. You say there is no reliable information that happened but do you have reliable information refuting it? He thought he'd get to start somewhere. Does he want back in as a backup? I don't think he'd get more than a league minimum offer, even if he did get taken by a team, since he hasn't played in four years.
He didn't turn any 49ers offer down. He opted out because they were planning to cut him. Kyle Shanahan then brought in his own QB (Brian Hoyer) and drafted a QB (C.J. Beathard).

The 49ers didn't give Kaepernick a choice to return. How do I know? John Lynch said it:
"Brian Hoyer was one of the guys we pursued. Once we pursued him, we didn't see Kap as a backup that would really fit in that scheme and we communicated that to him. So I think we've been very up front with it. But I think that is a fair characterization. Yes, he was not going to be here under the construct of his contract. We gave him the option: 'You can opt out, we can release you, whatever.' And he chose to opt out, but that was just a formality."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He didn't turn any 49ers offer down. He opted out because they were planning to cut him. Kyle Shanahan then brought in his own QB (Brian Hoyer) and drafted a QB (C.J. Beathard).

The 49ers didn't give Kaepernick a choice to return. How do I know? John Lynch said it:
"Brian Hoyer was one of the guys we pursued. Once we pursued him, we didn't see Kap as a backup that would really fit in that scheme and we communicated that to him. So I think we've been very up front with it. But I think that is a fair characterization. Yes, he was not going to be here under the construct of his contract. We gave him the option: 'You can opt out, we can release you, whatever.' And he chose to opt out, but that was just a formality."
This is the rumor that was going around.

But, the NFLPA refutes it. So you are correct.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Nfl ownership is still a good ol boys club and Kap publicly sued them. He didn’t win but he didn’t lose either and they paid him to make it stop. Does he really believe these guys are willing to let bygones be bygones and welcome him back cuz I don’t. Whatever you call it, collusion, blackballing, I don’t see it. Maybe if he were tearing it up in one of these other leagues he could work his way back in but he’s in his 30’s and he hasn’t played in 4 years. If he was serious he should’ve stayed connected however he could, guys like McCown and Gabbert are known quantities who continue to get jobs. I don’t know if he was willing to be a guy like that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He was easily good enough to stay in the NFL when he got blackballed.
I agree here, I would sign him, but again, I always liked his game. I think he would be at the very minimum an excellent backup QB, as long as he can still run. But I understand I'm in the minority because before everything happened after he wrote Dear Evan Hansen, I felt Kaepernick had some game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah... He's not worth it. Locking this thread and if something ACTUALLY HAPPENS, we can open it back up.

It seems every year, this douchebag has his look at me rumblings yet nothing happens.
All I'm seeing here is the same shit - different year.

Status
Not open for further replies.