Not April Fools…Kaepernick trying another come back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dont know why he doesnt/hasnt play(ed) in any of the spring leagues. I'm sure the USFL or XFL would love to have him. He blows up the league, he ends up with an NFL team

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Dude really doesn't want to play. He's doing it for attention. He's done this shit before and then demands some bullshit if he gets signed. He also ghosted teams before. He's a fuckin puke.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was easily good enough to stay in the NFL when he got blackballed.
You didn't disprove his statement. Players can stay in the NFL and still not start, of course.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if he wants starter money and teams are only offering backup or incentive based deals.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I wonder if he wants starter money and teams are only offering backup or incentive based deals.
That's what's been reported before. If he really wanted to be in the league, he would be. But he wants ridiculous money for his talent. It's all a marketing ploy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Harbaugh and Roman were cutting the field in half for him at the end. He wasn’t reading the entire field. Once teams figured out how to defend him it was over. He lost out to Gabbert.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Except he couldnt read a D, didnt want to put in the time to do so, didnt think he needed to put in extra time working with his WRs and of course the fact he walked away from his contract because he couldnt earn the starting gig.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Harbaugh and Roman were cutting the field in half for him at the end. He wasn’t reading the entire field. Once teams figured out how to defend him it was over. He lost out to Gabbert.
Yep. Roman's the best at that. So Ravens would make sense for him.

But I wouldn't pay him a dime. He's a shitter.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're misremembering. Gabbert started the year as the starter. He got benched for Kaepernick. Kaepernick wasn't great, or even good. But he was definitely still in the fringe starter to high-end backup range at that point. He was somewhere in the 25-40 range for NFL QBs. And considering the fact that every NFL team keeps at least two QBs, that means Kaepernick was more than good enough to stick in the NFL. He got booted for other reasons.
Except he couldnt read a D, didnt want to put in the time to do so, didnt think he needed to put in extra time working with his WRs and of course the fact he walked away from his contract because he couldnt earn the starting gig.
His numbers in his final year in the NFL:
11 starts
196/331
59.2%
2241 passing yards
6.8 YPA
16 passing TDs
4 Ints
90.7 Passer Rating
69 rushes
468 yards
6.8 YPC
2 rushing TDs
3 fumbles lost

Great? No. Good? No. Starting caliber? Maybe. NFL caliber? Definitely. And Kaepernick "walked away from his contract" because the 49ers were going to cut him. There's a no reliable evidence that he refused to play unless he was promised a starting job.

Let me list some of the QBs who started games in 2017 (season after Kaepernick got the boot) just to show you how low the bar was:
Blake Bortles (Starter)
Josh McCown (Starter)
Case Keenum (Starterish)
Tyrod Taylor (Starter)
Jacoby Brissett (Starter)
Jay Cutler (Starter)
Trevor Siemian (Starter)
DeShone Kizer (Starter)
Brett Hundley (Backup)
Brian Hoyer (Starter)
C.J. Beathard (Backup)
Tom Savage (Backup)
Brock Osweiler (Backup)
Blaine Gabbert (Backup)
Drew Stanton (Backup)
Mike Glennon (Backup)
Bryce Petty (Backup)
Matt Moore (Backup)
T.J. Yates (Backup)
Kevin Hogan (Backup)
NATHAN PETERMAN (Backup)
E.J. Manuel (Backup)
Sean Mannion (Backup)
David Fales (Backup)
Matt Cassel (Backup)

I'll stop because I think I made my point.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You're misremembering. Gabbert started the year as the starter. He got benched for Kaepernick. Kaepernick wasn't great, or even good. But he was definitely still in the fringe starter to high-end backup range at that point. He was somewhere in the 25-40 range for NFL QBs. And considering the fact that every NFL team keeps at least two QBs, that means Kaepernick was more than good enough to stick in the NFL. He got booted for other reasons.

His numbers in his final year in the NFL:
11 starts
196/331
59.2%
2241 passing yards
6.8 YPA
16 passing TDs
4 Ints
90.7 Passer Rating
69 rushes
468 yards
6.8 YPC
2 rushing TDs
3 fumbles lost

Great? No. Good? No. Starting caliber? Maybe. NFL caliber? Definitely. And Kaepernick "walked away from his contract" because the 49ers were going to cut him. There's a no reliable evidence that he refused to play unless he was promised a starting job.

Let me list some of the QBs who started games in 2017 (season after Kaepernick got the boot) just to show you how low the bar was:
Blake Bortles (Starter)
Josh McCown (Starter)
Case Keenum (Starterish)
Tyrod Taylor (Starter)
Jacoby Brissett (Starter)
Jay Cutler (Starter)
Trevor Siemian (Starter)
DeShone Kizer (Starter)
Brett Hundley (Backup)
Brian Hoyer (Starter)
C.J. Beathard (Backup)
Tom Savage (Backup)
Brock Osweiler (Backup)
Blaine Gabbert (Backup)
Drew Stanton (Backup)
Mike Glennon (Backup)
Bryce Petty (Backup)
Matt Moore (Backup)
T.J. Yates (Backup)
Kevin Hogan (Backup)
NATHAN PETERMAN (Backup)
E.J. Manuel (Backup)
Sean Mannion (Backup)
David Fales (Backup)
Matt Cassel (Backup)

I'll stop because I think I made my point.
Sure he could have been a backup. But he turned the Niners offer down because he didn't want to be a backup. You say there is no reliable information that happened but do you have reliable information refuting it? He thought he'd get to start somewhere. Does he want back in as a backup? I don't think he'd get more than a league minimum offer, even if he did get taken by a team, since he hasn't played in four years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sure he could have been a backup. But he turned the Niners offer down because he didn't want to be a backup. You say there is no reliable information that happened but do you have reliable information refuting it? He thought he'd get to start somewhere. Does he want back in as a backup? I don't think he'd get more than a league minimum offer, even if he did get taken by a team, since he hasn't played in four years.

Yeah , he had $11 million guarantee & a $18 million contract. He thought he would get paid more somewhere else. Fans were boo’ing him.The Niners didn’t stand up for him & there was a lot of BS off the field he was involved in.

Anyone that wants to look back at NFL History can.There was no different than teams hiring private detectives on high draft picks.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Sigh...........

All these words and the obvious is still there.

If Crap could be a winner he would be on a team.

Teams are blind to nothing else.

Crap has no game management skills.

Let it go.......

Status
Not open for further replies.