Norv Turner resigns in Minnesota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Probably not I'm curious about why he resigned

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, that's kind of weird. I'm guessing he was going to be fired and they gave him the option to bow out gracefully? I don't know, but the dude can't help the amount of injuries to basically all of his stars happened.

I'd enjoy having Turner as OC over what we have. But you can't really just change up things like that in the middle of the season. Maybe in the offseason if things don't improve and pink slips start being handed out.

…..

Legend
Crazy.....clearly the stars say that Sam MUST learn multiple offenses each year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He is a solid offensive mind and it's not like we have anything to lose. I would definitely want him.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd definitely call him if he's available.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Call him. We have nothing to lose. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say he had issues with that D-bag Zimmer.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call him. We have nothing to lose. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say he had issues with that D-bag Zimmer.
They go back a ways I believe.

Not sure why.. but I'm guessing it wasn't about Zimmer.

BTW... why the hate for Zimmer?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Crazy.....clearly the stars say that Sam MUST learn multiple offenses each year.

Obviously, they are not going to install anything new mid-season... but, it's almost unbelievable when you think about the different coordinators he's had over the years.

Wow.

…..

Legend
Obviously, they are not going to install anything new mid-season... but, it's almost unbelievable when you think about the different coordinators he's had over the years.

Wow.

well thats true...they're limited. Probably promote within and stay the course.....though they seem to have trouble running the ball lately.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bradford gets his old Rams OC back.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ner-resigns-as-vikings-offensive-coordinator/

Stunner: Norv Turner resigns as Vikings offensive coordinator
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 2, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi0mmm1zmuyzdhln2u3mgjinzgzmja2zmfimzjjotrh-e1433521747542.jpeg
Getty Images

As blows to their offense go, this one is right up there with the loss of Adrian Peterson.

The Vikings announced that Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner has resigned, and would be replaced in the interim by Pat Shurmur.

No reason was given for the move or the timing, but it’s going to be yet another huge adjustment for a team which already lost a franchise quarterback (Teddy Bridgewater), traded for another one (Sam Bradford), put their former MVP running back on injured reserve folloing knee surgery (Adrian Peterson) and lost both starting offensive tackles (Matt Kalil and Andre Smith).

Turner never quite panned out as a head coach, but has been regarded as one of the top offensive minds in the game for decades, primarily from his work with the Cowboys in the early 1990s.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Pick him up as an observer for the rest of season , than put him in as offensive coordinator after game 16 for the 2017 season

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Shurmur and Bradford...failing wherever they go. I just hope for Norv's ok and its not health related

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Probably not I'm curious about why he resigned
They typically call you in and say something like, we can either fire you now, or you can resign...you choose.

Seriously...31st ranked offense...and a few of yall want to see him here? Hell, I kinda like what Boras is tryin to do....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor from Vikings fans is that Zimmer was pissed that Norv wouldn't adjust the offense to shorter drops to account for their OLine issues and gave Norv an ultimatum. Norv ended up walking it seems.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher hires Norv and gets 1 year extension to get offense going.
Yay or Nay?