No Rams on the NFL's Top 100 PLayers list of 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wsaladen

Rookie
We had a top 10 or 15 defense and led the league in sacks last year, but still were snubbed by the NFL players. Some of the Rams palyers had better stats than a lot of the players listed. I would like the players next time to stop hating and prepare to be defeated by the Rams in 2013. We deserved at least one player to be named on the list, like Chris Long and Jenoris Jenkins perhaps. But o well this year we will make our mark. True Rams fan 4life.

jap

Legend
wsaladen said:
We had a top 10 or 15 defense and led the league in sacks last year, but still were snubbed by the NFL players. Some of the Rams palyers had better stats than a lot of the players listed. I would like the players next time to stop hating and prepare to be defeated by the Rams in 2013. We deserved at least one player to be named on the list, like Chris Long and Jenoris Jenkins perhaps. But o well this year we will make our mark. True Rams fan 4life.

If we end up punking Frisco and Space Needle City, they will have no choice but to give us respect. Right now they are massaging the behinds of those two teams with their lips & tongues so passionately they can't see any other NFC West team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Crap list.

We all know it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but we did get quite a few of those sacks against the worst O-line in football. Subtract those two game and how did we look?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but we did get quite a few of those sacks against the worst O-line in football. Subtract those two game and how did we look?
I don't subscribe to that. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

Seattle only got 4 sacks (total) against the Cards.
San Francisco got 6 against them.

WE got 11 - more than those 4 games combined.

iced

Chris Long > Aldon Smith

Long doesn't need another guy to hold his player to beat 'em

jap

Legend
iced said:
Chris Long > Aldon Smith

I'm very surprised Aldon's tag team partner doesn't get called for that blatant holding. If the commentators can see it, why can't the refs?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X changing the subject:
I don't subscribe to that. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

True but what are we talking about here? I was talking about inflated sack totals and why they shouldn't have effected our ability to put a D-line player in the top 100. Posters are constantly talking about the fact we tied for the lead in sacks when describing our defense.

We had a top 10 or 15 defense and led the league in sacks last year, but still were snubbed by the NFL players.

The Whiners only had 38 sacks and the Seahags were even worse with only 36. Neither of their D's rely on sacks or are even very good at it. I'm comparing the Rams to teams that finished in the top 5 in sack totals. Without the good fortune of playing against the Cards twice (we also played them before the O-line started to gel later in the season) I don'y think we even sniff top 5 in sacks.

Here's total yards given up to the Cards:
Hags 407 Ranked 4th in total defense
Whiners 527 Ranked 3rd in total defense
Rams 657 Ranked 14th in total defense

The Top 100 list (defensive players) should be comprised of players that excel in all facets of their position or got shit loads of sacks. We had nobody that fits that description IMO. Chris came close but he needs to convert some of those hurries to sacks and get better at run D.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X changing the subject:

True but what are we talking about here? I was talking about inflated sack totals and why they shouldn't have effected our ability to put a D-line player in the top 100. Posters are constantly talking about the fact we tied for the lead in sacks when describing our defense.
Well now I'm not sure what we're talking about. You said you didn't want to rain on the parade by pointing out 11 of our sacks came against the worst O-line in football (assuming you meant Arizona), and I was just showing that it wasn't such a cakewalk when you take into account that SEA and SF didn't even come close to what we did against that team. Meaning, worst O-line or not - they still kept those two teams from gobbling up their QBs.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X pointing out the truth:
Well now I'm not sure what we're talking about. You said you didn't want to rain on the parade by pointing out 11 of our sacks came against the worst O-line in football (assuming you meant Arizona), and I was just showing that it wasn't such a cakewalk when you take into account that SEA and SF didn't even come close to what we did against that team. Meaning, worst O-line or not - they still kept those two teams from gobbling up their QBs.

Well you should have listened to the stuff I was thinking in my head when I typed that.

EDIT: I think I explained what I meant a little better in the second post. Remember, I'm highly medicated right now.You're gonna have to work with me on this. :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X pointing out the truth:

Well you should have listened to the stuff I was thinking in my head when I typed that.
I tried, but there was a lot of background noise. :boohoo:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jap said:
iced said:
Chris Long > Aldon Smith

I'm very surprised Aldon's tag team partner doesn't get called for that blatant holding. If the commentators can see it, why can't the refs?
Well the key to it is J Smith is getting up field when he does it so it isn't illegal .
If he just grabs a guy and pulls him to the side at the LOS is when it gets called.
I'm anxious to see Ogletree blitzing

jap

Legend
Thordaddy said:
jap said:
iced said:
Chris Long > Aldon Smith

Well the key to it is J Smith is getting up field when he does it so it isn't illegal .
If he just grabs a guy and pulls him to the side at the LOS is when it gets called.
I'm anxious to see Ogletree blitzing

I don't know about that. All holding is illegal, and holding occurs on just about every play. My understanding is that the officials compromise by calling penalties only when they feel a hold affects the outcome of the play. If Justin Smith's holds results in helping Aldon get sacks, they are definitely affecting the outcome of plays and therefore should be called. So the refs are still wrong even using their degraded definition of holding.

bluecoconuts

Legend
jap said:
iced said:
Chris Long > Aldon Smith

Because reasons.

elegm1.gif