No new uniforms this year , or foreseeable future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Los Angeles Rams fans have been anxiously waiting for the team to release new uniform sets, but they’ll have to wait a bit longer. On the most recent “11 Personnel” podcast from Rich Hammond and Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic, COO Kevin Demoff went on to update fans about the team’s future uniform plans.

“We’re not going to introduce a new jersey this season. We looked at a lot of different concepts over the past year and none of them felt like the right jersey to introduce,” Demoff said. “At this time, at this moment, whether it was looking at true alternates or throwbacks from different concepts historically, there was nothing that seemed like a great fit. We’ve always made it clear that we have the ability to add new uniforms. We also said we’re not going to add a uniform for the sake of adding a uniform.”

The Rams made the change last season to deploy their white “modern throwback” jerseys as their primary road uniforms. Demoff proceeded to say that the organization feels comfortable with their current uniform sets that are available, and a change isn’t necessarily coming in 2024 either.

“I think that’s really where the group landed this year and I think we feel very comfortable with the uniforms we have in the closet right now. Especially with last year’s change of making the white uniform our primary away uniform. I don’t think next year we’re necessarily on a different track. I think we’ll continue to explore. A different idea would have to pop up next year than what we’ve already explored. I think the earliest we’re probably looking at is 2025.”

Since the Rams moved back to Los Angeles in 2016, they’ve worn a handful of different uniform combinations. The franchise has made it clear that they intend to continue updating the uniforms to fit the team, but fans who were hoping for a new set of jerseys soon could be disappointed with Demoff’s recent update.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke’s biggest failure is leaving Demoff in charge of this.
No historic concepts that fit! What a EDIT.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I wouldnt mind a blue and white throwback. But most of the newer concepts just plain suck compared to the blue and yellow of the 70s&80s or even the blue and white before them.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Rams or Demoff already had an extra year to do this since it was delayed last year. So basically next release is 3 years later? Sucks for us as we got lied to big time. What a mind fuck. Boooooooooo!

Half Baked Boo GIF

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weird. From a strictly business perspective, you'd figure adding an alternate uniform set of any kind means more jersey sales. He's already shown he's wiling to make bold choices with the uniforms (bone anyone?). Probably criticism of the last update has given him pause....

Fatboy

Rookie
Weird. From a strictly business perspective, you'd figure adding an alternate uniform set of any kind means more jersey sales. He's already shown he's wiling to make bold choices with the uniforms (bone anyone?). Probably criticism of the last update has given him pause....
That may be one of the reasons why there are no new combos !
They are having trouble getting rid of the ones they have ! LOL -- the Fatboy

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One of the ways to build a classic brand and fan base is NOT to change your uniforms and logo every 10-15 years.

iu

iu

iu

iu

Just a few examples. We hate these teams. They have large fan bases. They’re always getting hype and coverage even when they stink for years.

IMO the Rams need to stop fucking around with new uni’s and especially logos and cement themselves. Unfortunately the new logo sucks(IMO), but either way…build it into a mainstay icon with time and winning.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I wouldnt mind a blue and white throwback. But most of the newer concepts just plain suck compared to the blue and yellow of the 70s&80s or even the blue and white before them.

This is the right answer, in bold.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Sad. Meanwhile the Vikings are releasing their classic uniform on week 1.

These guys know how to do it. I wish I could say the same for us.

View: https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1681350037975056398?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1681350037975056398%7Ctwgr%5E9ed1dbebc863a2309753ccdeeeba396d6e6d81f5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikingswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F07%2F18%2Fminnesota-vikings-the-vikings-classic-throwback-jersey%2F

Kroenke’s biggest failure is leaving Demoff in charge of this.
No historic concepts that fit! What a EDIT.

Agree. :sick2:

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
One of the ways to build a classic brand and fan base is NOT to change your uniforms and logo every 10-15 years.

iu

iu

iu

iu

Just a few examples. We hate these teams. They have large fan bases. They’re always getting hype and coverage even when they stink for years.

IMO the Rams need to stop fucking around with new uni’s and especially logos and cement themselves. Unfortunately the new logo sucks(IMO), but either way…build it into a mainstay icon with time and winning.
Rams need to ressurrect the uniforms of 1979 and Jack Youngblood
train

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO who cares? Uniforms don't make a good team. Their current uniforms are not bad looking. I could never understand the fashionistas obsession with new uniforms every year. IMO just wear what got them the Lombardi in 2021 and if that is what they wore in 2022 BFD.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
IMO who cares? Uniforms don't make a good team. Their current uniforms are not bad looking. I could never understand the fashionistas obsession with new uniforms every year. IMO just wear what got them the Lombardi in 2021 and if that is what they wore in 2022 BFD.
We care about it as much as you care to get rid of Hav :laugh2:.......just so ya know, I used that blue font very lightly

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonius

Pro Bowler

I think uniform changes are a fun part of Rams history. We’ve had yellow jerseys, white & blue jerseys, jerseys with big swirling horns, navy jerseys with shiny gold. Now our current ones. I like the change.

The teams you listed certainly have iconic looks that don’t need updating. But they also have 14 Super Bowls between them, and that is more of a reason for their large fan base.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That helmet still matte finish? Failure if it is.
I'm not so sure

I live in Vikings country , and everyone I've talked love it, with the matte helmet

I was surprised they didn't go with the glossy throwback helmet myself

but the Vikings fans I talked to prefer the matte helmet , and thats actually their most prefered uniforms and what most Vikings fans wear on Madden

1960's uniforms , 2020 matted helmet

every Vikings I fan I talked to say they hit it out of the park

Seahawks unveiled their throwbacks today as well , they look pretty good