No Huddle Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
Just wondering what everyone's personal thoughts on the no-huddle were?

Personally I liked the Blur offense a little, just wish we could've executed better.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I have always liked an uptempo offense but I don't think we are built to run one. It really didn't buy us anything this week that I recall seeing.

I'm always worried the linemen will jump too soon.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Obviously, it's a weapon, I like that we use it. We're certainly not built to rely on it exclusively but... with our playbook being as limited as it is (though it seems to be expanding) I don't think it's as big a detriment to us to use hurry up as the fact that it cuts down on the plays you can call shouldn't matter because we have so few plays!

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
If it help get us in a rhythm, I'm all for it. With 3 and outs, the defense doesn't get any less rest.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
No sacks, minimal pressure, the play action looked good out of it with some small(ish) misses. It seemed to settle down Nick and alleviate a lot of the pressure. Like @MarkMyWords said you have to convert on 3rd or the D gets gassed but I want to see more and hope we can become efficient in it. I liked it

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
There was nothing wrong with the no huddle, it would have worked. It was the piss poor execution that doomed it. We didn't move the ball well in any style offensively, unless Gurley or Austin was making a play. Under center, shotgun, no huddle, huddle, doesn't seem to help this anemic passing game.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Just imagine how nice that no huddle old have looked it Britt would have caught the most beautiful over the shoulder throw that STL has seen since the early Marc Bulger era. I stI'll cant believe he dripped it. If he had a true number 1, this offense would really take off. Jeffrey, Gordon, or draft one of the better ones this year. It HAS to happen.

Alan

Legend
I often saw what appeared to be confusion by many of the players and they were, I felt, slow to get into position. If we're going to do this more often we need to practice it more often.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I often saw what appeared to be confusion by many of the players and they were, I felt, slow to get into position. If we're going to do this more often we need to practice it more often.
I agree... this might be like the third time since Fisher arrived that I saw the offense running it.

They just have to commit to it, if they want to use it as a tool. Can't be half pregnant.

Foles said he likes it. I'm not advocating letting a relatively inexperienced QB make those kinds of decisions... but I'd give it a serious shot.