No fine on Dahl for 2nd personal foul

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
As per PD Rams page. Hope Long gets off light since panthers provoke it. Still ps'ed about the refs!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As per PD Rams page. Hope Long gets off light since panthers provoke it. Still ps'ed about the refs!

I agree on Long and if Dahl was responding to a taunt I can see giving him a pass
But there are smarter ways to BE chippy and IMO Dahl and Long AUGHT to BE the very guys counseling our young guys about it, NOT the guys who need to be "counseled" just sayin

jap

Legend
I agree on Long and if Dahl was responding to a taunt I can see giving him a pass
But there are smarter ways to BE chippy and IMO Dahl and Long AUGHT to BE the very guys counseling our young guys about it, NOT the guys who need to be "counseled" just sayin

Howie says, "If I were there, I would have jacked every sucker on that thar Panthers team up!!!----especially that Steve Smith punk!!!!" :razz:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

I still don't buy the Long threw a punch crap, I've looked over that thing like nine million times I don't see one punch thrown, all I see is Long trying to break up the fray and got called for being the 'late' man.

As for Dahl, can you blame him? There's really no way to deride him going after a guy who was gloating over a guy who he knew was injured.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I still don't buy the Long threw a punch crap, I've looked over that thing like nine million times I don't see one punch thrown, all I see is Long trying to break up the fray and got called for being the 'late' man.

As for Dahl, can you blame him? There's really no way to deride him going after a guy who was gloating over a guy who he knew was injured.
Well yeah I can say "Harvey , look the guy up on the next play/possession .
We clearly won a game last year BECAUSE Finnegan knew how that game works for and against you. I don't "blame " people for getting angry and wanting to act out the way those guys did, but when it hurts your teams chances it lapses into selfishness and FWIW Chris apologized to the team because he gets it

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Well yeah I can say "Harvey , look the guy up on the next play/possession .
We clearly won a game last year BECAUSE Finnegan knew how that game works for and against you. I don't "blame " people for getting angry and wanting to act out the way those guys did, but when it hurts your teams chances it lapses into selfishness and FWIW Chris apologized to the team because he gets it
There's no comparison in Finnegan pissing off Morgan and Dahl getting upset because somebody was cheering over injuring one of his teammates and lets not pretend Mitchell didn't know, he looked right at him and raised his hands high above his head like he had just scored the GWTD.

You're comparing a guy shoving somebody and getting him to throw a ball at him to a guy getting steamed because some dude acted like he won the Super Bowl because he contributed in somebody tearing their ACL. Where's the comparison? Dahl wasn't trying to work anything into his favor, he was pissed because somebody flippantly disregarded somebody else's health like it meant nothing. Also he's a guard, how would he even be remotely in the vicinity to light up a safety?

At that point the game was out of reach and we sure as hell weren't going to come back dramatically with Clemens coming off cold from the bench. I don't have any problem with him going after a guy like that and I don't mind anybody else on the team taking example.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Anybody remember the time Jackie Slater interrupted Gastineau's sack dance?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
C. Long has already been over punished. A fine at this point (that I fully expect) will only be adding insult to injury.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Anybody remember the time Jackie Slater interrupted Gastineau's sack dance?

Loved what Jackie did there, just as I did with Dahl on Sunday.

The best kind of teammates.

Slater was such a great Ram.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I never saw a punch either. Nothing even close to one. All he had was his arm outstretched and his hand was open at the time. My guess is he said something REALLY bad at the time. Something that probably would have made George Carlin blush.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I never saw a punch either. Nothing even close to one. All he had was his arm outstretched and his hand was open at the time. My guess is he said something REALLY bad at the time. Something that probably would have made George Carlin blush.

You're probably right, I mean he definitely wouldn't be the first player who got the can because he told the refs exactly what he thought of them.

If that's the case I even more so can't hold it against Long that the refs got their panties all hitched up, especially with how they let the rest of the game play out, I doubt he said anything we didn't want to ourselves.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Seemed to be what I saw, Long threw a punch with his words.

PhxRam

You mean unlike Steve Smith who had is hand balled up in a fist and was ready to throw?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You mean unlike Steve Smith who had is hand balled up in a fist and was ready to throw?
And then went on to publicly threaten Jenkins with bodily harm on camera to the media?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
There's no comparison in Finnegan pissing off Morgan and Dahl getting upset because somebody was cheering over injuring one of his teammates and lets not pretend Mitchell didn't know, he looked right at him and raised his hands high above his head like he had just scored the GWTD.

You're comparing a guy shoving somebody and getting him to throw a ball at him to a guy getting steamed because some dude acted like he won the Super Bowl because he contributed in somebody tearing their ACL. Where's the comparison? Dahl wasn't trying to work anything into his favor, he was pissed because somebody flippantly disregarded somebody else's health like it meant nothing. Also he's a guard, how would he even be remotely in the vicinity to light up a safety?

At that point the game was out of reach and we sure as hell weren't going to come back dramatically with Clemens coming off cold from the bench. I don't have any problem with him going after a guy like that and I don't mind anybody else on the team taking example.
Nah dude what I'm saying is Carolina won the game and it was due in no small measure to guys on our team losing their cool.
I'm also sayin that Dahl could just as easily done WAY more harm to the fuck wad if he'd played it smarter.
In all the years I've watched football. I think Suh may. be the only guy Ive seen do enough damage in a fight to make the penalty worth it.
Dahl IMO should have taken the guys number and looked him up on the next play and put him next in line behind Sam for an MRI

jap

Legend
Nah dude what I'm saying is Carolina won the game and it was due in no small measure to guys on our team losing their cool.
I'm also sayin that Dahl could just as easily done WAY more harm to the Freak wad if he'd played it smarter.
In all the years I've watched football. I think Suh may. be the only guy Ive seen do enough damage in a fight to make the penalty worth it.
Dahl IMO should have taken the guys number and looked him up on the next play and put him next in line behind Sam for an MRI

Players got revenge the smart way in the good ole days like when GB Packer all star guard, Jerry Kramer, took out the Chiefs' CB, Fred "The Hammer" Williamson with a bone-crushing block late in Super Bowl One. :wink: