Niners defensive tackle Justin Smith to retire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh No! This means no more ' Smith Brothers Cough Drop Jokes!!:cry: .. :snicker:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Good. We might see a bit less of this;
http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/nfl-holding-call-it-every-time-or-not-at-all

Interesting article by Chris Snee actually explaining why Defensive holding has seemingly increased so much, and why its not being called (has to do with the change in rules the league introduced back in 2010 because of "safety" concerns (again) moving the position of the umpire away from the line of scrimmage).

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
img20991697.jpg

Guy was a master at hooking the guard and moving to the tackle.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Good. We might see a bit less of this;
http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/nfl-holding-call-it-every-time-or-not-at-all

Interesting article by Chris Snee actually explaining why Defensive holding has seemingly increased so much, and why its not being called (has to do with the change in rules the league introduced back in 2010 because of "safety" concerns (again) moving the position of the umpire away from the line of scrimmage).

I've been talking about that for a long time. Tons of posters put it down to the NFL being biased, or the refs sucking, or the fix being in.

None of those are true, it was just a mistake the NFL needs to fix.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Losses:

RB Gore
WR Crabtree
OL Iupati
DL McDonald, Smith
LB: Willis, Borland
CB: Culliver, Cox

And Ahmad Brooks has been accused of domestic abuse and could face suspension. They will be in the cellar of the west this year

Just think what a similar list would look like for the Rams.

RB Mason
WR Britt
OL Saffold
DL Quinn, Long
CB Jenkins Johnson

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Just think what a similar list would look like for the Rams.

RB Mason
WR Britt
OL Saffold
DL Quinn, Long
CB Jenkins Johnson

That is scary to think about. Can also add to the list:
LB Laurinitis, Ogletree

We wouldn't stand a chance. Better them then us...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I've been talking about that for a long time. Tons of posters put it down to the NFL being biased, or the refs sucking, or the fix being in.

None of those are true, it was just a mistake the NFL needs to fix.
It's true, no ref could possibly be a biased 49er fan: http://kron4.com/2014/01/20/former-nfl-top-ref-grew-up-a-niners-fan-video/

SEATTLE (KRON) — The former head of officiating for the National Football League says at heart he’s a Niners fan.

“I grew up a 49er fan,” Mike Pereira, who is now an analyst for Fox football broadcasts, tells KRON 4’s Will Tran. “My dad had season tickets forever. I went to games at Kezar and watched games at Kezar. I’ve always been a Niner fan or part of a Niner fan. I thought to me they were a team of destiny...”