Niner week: What the fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
EXTENDED EDITION

Expecting to get our asses kicked. That said, the Rams struggled with the Giants at home, so if the 49ers can pull their heads out of their asses, they can make this a competitive game.
----------------
49ers win 30-27. hyder sacks goff 3 times.
----------------
Tomlinson had trouble with Quennen Williams and Leonard Williams. Here comes Aaron Donald. Jimmy should fake a reaggravation of his ankle.
-----------------
Rams 42
Niners 13

Reverse Revenge Tour.
------------------
We've got all our guys back offensively - it's the defense that's in bad shape. I can see a shootout with both defenses struggling
-------------------
Hyder is still on pace for a career year, Mostert is a star, and Deebo should actually get some real practice in without the foot or illness bothering him hopefully..

Kyle's got to call better plays and probably lean more on the running game and field position battle at this point. He must do everything in his power to avoid negative plays -- and preach that to the team.

We've got to make personnel adjustments in the secondary. I don't want Taylor in the slot. I don't want Witherspoon/Johnson/Webster/Allen outside. Shanahan said Harris would've gotten the call up if he wasn't coming off of light work due to just barely being reinstated from the PS IR. That leads me to believe he will be up this week. Does he get a crack at that job or will it be Spoon?

My hope is that we start Moore at FS, move Jimmie to the slot, and hopefully Moseley is healthy enough to start at CB again.
------------------
Jimmy Garrapolo has an injury that usually takes 6 weeks to heal. He is not ready and won't be ready. Shanahan doesn't have a reliable backup (it was Mullens, but that one bad game probably finished him). Shanahan will try to force Jimmy back on the field when he is not ready (like he did to RG III). He won't last. - might get hurt even more. Then an ineffective CJ Beathard, (who they traded up to get) will come in. Aaron Donald will have a field day with our swiss chees online. Then Shanahan, will have no choice but to put back Mullens in. The script has been wriiten, the film is in production, and world premiere is this Sunday.
-------------------
76-6 Rams. A slightly above average Goff is going to murder Salehs garbage defense.
--------------------
In order to have a shootout you need a QB that can shoot
--------------------
13-3 baby
--------------------
It's a lot more likely that the Rams get up against their historic division rivals who eliminated them last year than a NY Giants team that's been horrible since 2013

Also how the hell are we only 3 point underdogs?
--------------------
how funny as f**k would it be that this year we go 3-13 instead lmao
--------------------
Yeah there's some weird stuff going on with that line to be only 3. Donald is going to squish whomever is our QB under center
--------------------
If we could atleast get Moseley back, then it's not so bad being without Sherman. Verrett on one side and Moseley on the other. But Saleh needs to start earning his money and find ways to get pressure on the QB without Bosa and Ford. And Armstead needs to show he can succeed without those guys. Right now DJ jones and Hyder who are suppose to be depth players are getting to the QB more than Armstead is.
--------------------
Donald bout to feast on this line
-------------------
I don't think there's a single OL that goes against Donald and doesn't feel this way.
I'm still waiting for the battle of the titans: Aaron Donald vs Quenton Nelson
--------------------
True test for Shanahan. Can he lead as a coach after a royal screw up on all levels? This game means A LOT.
---------------------
Agreed. Good teams find a way to bounce back. Bad teams tend to fold.
---------------------
Not giving up (ever) run that ball, feed Kittle! lets go!
---------------------
Rams 35-14.. No defense. Offense line is dreadful. This game isn't close
---------------------
Whoever the QB is, they can't take a kill shot like jimmy did last week. Nothing ruins confidence more than taking a blind side back bending sack. Can't let Donald take over the game
---------------------
I honestly think we will play hard and make this a close game
---------------------
Rams are going to drop 10 and let Aaron Donald take on the whole pass protection unit by himself...and will still get 6 sacks.
---------------------
Dude. I'd pay double to see that
---------------------
I think Aaron Donald is already the GOAT 3t, but this dude Quenton Nelson is cut from the same cloth as Donald. Eventually, there comes a day when the bully will encounter someone who is bigger and badder than they are. There's a reason weight classes exist in combat sports. I think QN takes this one. It just sucks they haven't faced off yet.
---------------------
I hope Nelson hits em with a T bag
---------------------
If this team has any guts at all, and I think they do, we will see a close game and have a chance to pull it off.

24-23 Niners with a Gould game winner as time expires
---------------------
I wonder if he (Donald) sets a record. Seriously.....because he had 4 sacks last week.
---------------------
We are going to get raped, it won't be fun but hopefully it will lead us to a franchise QB
---------------------
53-10 rams
---------------------
Buckle up it's going to be a ruff ride
---------------------
our road to 13-3 starts this sunday night
---------------------
I noticed they didn't even bother with the poll this week " who will win "

Unfortunately, I have it about where you do on score Prime.

Would love to be wrong but even the best optimists knows we are down too many key chess pieces.
----------------------
Just when everyone is feeling so down on the team we come out and win this one
----------------------
So disappointed in oline, we gotta keep Kittle as a 3rd OT. Donald is going to win defensive mvp off this game alone
----------------------
We wearing all white I heard, please don't tarnish this historical unis
----------------------
At least we will look good getting our ass kicked
----------------------
We were down on the team when they lost too the eagles. Our supposed savior comes back and we get blown out.. They aren't winning s**t.
----------------------
Our road to 13-3 starts this sunday night
tenor.gif

--------------------
Can we get COVID and postpone the game
--------------------
9ers allow 4th most sacks per game, Donald is already getting stretched out.
-------------------
Yeah. Maybe Shanny can just do outside runs and get him (AD) running sideline to sideline. Still though. He has crazy stamina.
------------------
Man, Donald is going to tee off, on whoever is behind center.
------------------
lol so we get to wear the throwbacks and get throttled in them.
------------------
I hate those throwback whites - look like XFL uniforms.
------------------
We gonna get blown out by 49
That's what should happen and hopefully will happen. Ward SCHOOLED Cupp last year so Saleh better move Ward to the slot and Moore at FS. Moore may not be as sound as Ward but at least he can get a damn INT!!! No more gifts given out bc 2 practice squad cbs cost us 28 points and a loss
------------------
At least Goff is a horrible qb and even worse under pressure. Too bad we can't embarrass them like we did at their home last year with a healthy defense. Rams are lucky with injuries and get a free win. Wow. Figures.
------------------
Goff has a nice deep throw.

You know....deep throw......something we haven´t seen in a while.
-------------------
I think you joking right? I'm not so sure but if you're serious I have to laugh

Deep throw? No he doesn't. Maybe when he has absolutely no pressure and a clean pocket with at least 5 yards around him. (Like any qb with time) I guess you missed almost every game where Goff misfires, chokes or throws the most boneheaded ints. Can't go thru progressions or take sacks bc he cowers.
--------------------
Kinda mad we are going to get slaughtered in our beautiful throwback uniforms
--------------------
Rams are going to ritually sodomize the 49ers......prepare yourselves.
-------------------
49ers win big and the "TURNING POINT" starts this sunday night! we're gonna be featured in a season long turning point when we win the chip.
-------------------
Run the ball, misdirection, quick passes just keep moving the chains. Not rocket science
------------------
OL has to do a better job of run blocking and pass protection or it doesn't matter what the game plan is
------------------
Just keep grinding until we get Jimmy back 100%. We probably won't make the playoffs, but we can play better heading into next season
------------------
Predicted the dolphins would win 72-3 last week.

Call me crazy, but I think the 49ers win this by 10. 27-17. Just a hunch, and a hope.
------------------
Rams receivers scorch us all over the place, OL continues to get destroyed. Rams win easily.

49ers 16, Rams 34
------------------
If Moseley returns this week as Shanahan hopes he will the secondary should be fine even without Sherm and Williams.

I'm hoping the oline can get their heads out of their ass and play well. Brunskill was actually descent against Aaron Donald last season. They need to give Jimmy time to get the ball to Aiyuk, Deebo and Kittle and most importantly establish the run game on early downs
------------------
Donald is gonna kill everyone
------------------
Classic one read QB(Goff). I have to give McVay some credit tho. He's getting the most out of him. He constantly rolls him out to cut the field in half and limit his options. He can run out of bounds or throw it away if he panics.
-----------------
if we don't somehow win this game, the Rams will be 5-1 and we'll be 2-4. right behind Seattle still.

say goodbye to any playoff hopes at all.
------------------
I am not going to set myself up for disapointment again. I am going into this game with the mindset that we are going absolutely lose, and lose big
------------------
Safe bet we lose.

Our Oline couldn't stop Ryan Shazier right now.

I legit feel like we're in shambles.
-------------------
It comes down to execution more than anything.
-------------------
Its amazing how quickly s**t falls apart in the NFL. It takes a lot of luck to get to the SB and we crapped a win away twice.

If the defense doesn't get healthy any time soon we will be talking about a top 10 pick not hoping for playoffs.
----------------
No matter who the qb is. our o line which was a pre season concern will not fail to disappoint the rams
----------------
Yup I agree. This game is pretty much our season right here and determines if we have any shot at the playoffs. We lose and we'll be too far behind the Shehawks and Rams
----------------
just look at our division. no chance we can win it if we lose this one. this f**king sucks man
-----------------
After last week, it's hard to see them turning this wreck around
-----------------
Guys.

the seasons done. just accept it. ya it sucks but its been done for awhile, nail was put in the coffin with bosas injury. doesnt matter if we "pull out a win" here or there against the rams or GB or saints. this team is broken an battered, it will not finish with a great record an it will not stand up to playoff teams. call me "negative" or " not a real fan" all you want. but im a niner fan an i want to see trophy #6, not just a record better than 8-8. the only chance we have at that is getting everyone back an healthy for 2021, adding talent to CB an OL an redoing our S&C staff. all that will not happen before the end of this season.

the sooner we accept it the easier itl be. if we finish 8-8 or worse itl actually be a blessing, remember 2018 an what happend the year after? just pray for a top 10 pick
-----------------
Win, lose or draw, the one thing i want to see is that everybody gives his best effort and that we don't embarrass ourselves. That is what hurt worst in Miami game. I think guys looked around and it was raining cow pies everywhere, and the team just thru in the towel.

I don't recall a 9er game like that ever. OTOH, i haven't seen a 9ers game where that many starters were gone, DBs completely decimated, OL useless, QBs completely stymied, guys dropping balls (not Aiyuk tho), and coaches seemingly not paying attn.(leaving Allen in and no help over top...yikes)

Even with injuries, we are NOT that bad. Which brings us back to coaching
-----------------
We definitely losing
-----------------

View: https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1316462640386854912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1316462640386854912%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F194372-49ers-rams-pregame-thread-2020-season-week%2Fpage8%2F

-----------------
huge
-----------------
Verrett, Moseley, Taylor...lock it down please!
-----------------
Kwon is out! Huuuuuge upgrade for the 49ers
----------------
Just not at SAM.. Azeez will be in and he's terrible. Top 5 needs for the 49ers next year (not in order) are OL, CB, DE, LB, WR in my opinion
-----------------
This years losses have sucked but unfortunately this one is going to hurt the most
-----------------
They went out the window awhile back when we'd drop 2-3 guys a week, and Bosa was a huge hit. Sure anything is possible but even if we get all the starters back in 2 weeks, do you really think there won't be more injuries the rest of the year? No chance in haitese Ford plays out the remaining games uninjured once he even comes back.

Only way we get to the top of the division and beyond is for the offense to start putting up a minimum 30+ each week, and outside forces, injury bug/Corona to level the playing field with Sea,Rams,GB's,KC,Bal etc.

Oddly enough in my weekly picks 78% are picking the 9ers to win, I'm sure they don't track the team or are mostly 49er fans and can't bring themselves to pick against them.
-----------------
K.Williams is still out though. Robert Woods gon feast on Taylor
-----------------
Ward in my opinion should at minimum be playing double-duty. Stick him in the slot on nickel calls, and have Moore play FS on those. Ward can move back to FS in base.
-----------------
That's what I would do too honestly. I doubt It happens though. The coaches don't seem too high on Moore for whatever reason
------------------
Moore's problem has been inconsistency with wrapping up and bad tackling angles sometimes. He might be a hair less disciplined, but he is superior to Ward in virtually every other way. Range, ball skills, and coverage ability are all areas that Moore is better.
-----------------
I disagree. If Moore is better in all those abilities you say: coverage ability, ball skills, range.....lol then he would easily be starting.

Ward was one of the top rated FS last year... that's not what a fodder player would put out. I highly doubt Moore could be rated a top flight safety.

If Moore was so damn good.... then they would've slotted him in and moved Wars to the slot. To help with these injuries. The fact they have not tells us all we need to know.

For as much as Moore flashes sexiness he also flashes a lot of "GTFO" moments too. He's not an NFL starter
-----------------
I'd like to see Joe Walker in over Azeez Al-Shaair.
-----------------
Did you read Shanahan's explanation of why they didn't? He said they would've considered doing exactly that but it was short notice with them thinking Spoon would be ready and then he felt like he wasn't, so they went with the guys who had gotten reps at CB. In hindsight, it didn't work out. It was a highly questionable decision that I still don't get, but a bad coaching decision does NOT equate to Moore lacking the ability.
----------------
Yeah I don't buy what Shanny is saying there. If that's the case then we are fkd as an organization because these guys can't get depth at the right positions in time to game plan properly.
That then is more alarming.

How long has Moore had to supplant Ward or let alone anyone to be a starter....
----------------
I remember what it's like to play the Rams without Bosa, Ford, and Sherman and it's not pretty.
----------------
49ers will win. They'll make it happen
-----------------
They tried as best they could to maintain the status quo from the Super Bowl roster. It's pretty clear that's what they hoped would help us the most. So they brought back Ward thinking that would be a good idea -- but as AB noted.. it was a VERY team friendly deal where we can get out of it in 2021. They knew he might suddenly suck a** all of a sudden and wanted to be prepared for that.

That, to me, speaks volumes. They can sometimes be slow to pull the plug on guys they think highly of, and Ward is the latest example. He's going to have to continue to be bad this year before they do much.

Again, none of this means Moore isn't good. We've seen him make plays in his limited opportunities. There is reason to believe he could do even better with more reps.
-----------------
Absolutely NO EXCUSE for the offense this week. They're finally healthy and practiced together for the first time this week. They need to come out swinging and slinging right out of the gate. This should be a fun shootout to watch with the Niners coming out on top
-----------------
If Seattle or the Rams or the Cards have even HALF the injuries we have we can win the division. Then again, they never do. Seasons done and I'm an optimist usually
-----------------
Last year Ward owned Cupps soul. They better do this again. Then again Saleh is horrible so I wouldn't count on it
-----------------
At least Moore can get an int. Something Ward can't do to save his life. But hey, at least Ward plays safe and is usually good for IR
-----------------
The only excuse is Jimmy's mediocre play, oline, kyle's impotent playcalling, and lackluster route running
-----------------
Agreed, no excuses for the offense. They HAVE to execute. Defense is decimated with injuries, we know this offense can put up points (shootout last year vs NO) when called upon. It comes down to execution. Starting with Jimmy G and the O Line.
----------------
It's funny how the number one and number two offenses last year in points per game are struggling badly. Lamar Jackson has regressed and people say Jimmy has as well but the truth is both of them have been a little erratic and a lot of that has to do with the pass protection that they have. Especially the Niners we are much worse and have much bigger of an excuse than the ravens do however I'm not ready to call both quarterbacks not worth their weight.
----------------
Goff gonna light this defense up for 300+ yards 3 TD's
-----------------
That would not be a big accomplishment given the starters that we have out. Three all pros and yes I'm including Bosa as an all pro. Kwon although a former pro bowler he's out and even if greenlaw is better, he's still a great 3rd lb. My big one in my opinion is Williams at slot corner. He's top three at that position in the NFL and he's been that way for the past three years. This one hurts a lot. And who's injured for the Rams? A rookie safety? What a lucky team. It sucks that Chandler Jones and Nick Bosa were injured on the Jets turf and the Rams and Seahawks did not have to play in that stadium. Just a really bad year for injuries
---------------
I think the 49ers are going to get worked this week like the 49ers worked the Rams in the first game of last year. I haven't seen otherwise. As long as the secondary is a revolving door, we are going to give up a ton of points. Is Jimmy G healthy? Against this defensive line? Jimmy needs to play confident and I don't know if he is capable right now. He worries too much about getting injured IMO.
----------------
Not looking good. Unless you have Rams players on your fantasy team.

Otherwise, this is the Sunday that will confirm for me we're in for another 2015-2018, 2002-2010 type of season.
----------------
we're gonna blow them out!
----------------
I just feel like this is going to be the game we turn things around in. And finish the season at 11-5
-----------------
They gonna beat us by 10pts or more..it ain't gonna be pretty
------------------
Yea of course , without the pass rush goff is gonna pick us apart, 300 yards is a given, only way we win is if the offense scores more points and scores 40
-------------------
A win will bring us right in the mix. Go Niners
-------------------
Please don't get crushed on national tv.
--------------------
Moseley and verret are going to shut it down. The loss of williams is going to show. However, the niners will play much better on offense. If thee offensive line plays well, the niners can win by 10. If not.
---------------------
If we move Ward to the slot instead of Taylor on nickel and dime packages, with Moore playing FS, I think that honestly solves our problem. Recall last year that Ward took Cupp's lunch money in the slot.
---------------------
without a pass rush. we can not shut down anything in my opinion
--------------------
If Goff has a clean pocket all day long, Lynch needs to look for a trade or dammit SIGN Clay Matthews or frickin Terrell Suggs
--------------------
That's very true - we're also vulnerable in the secondary without a pass rush. Got a feeling the defense is going to have a long day.
---------------------
he should have done this two weeks ago. it is stunning that he and kyle are either unable or unwilling to admit how impotent and ineffective the o line and the d lines are. i understand that is certain quarters here in the zone... klyle and lynch get all the credit when things are good but are held blameless when things go south.. but still those two things have been horrible all year long. yes i get bosa is out but do you not think you should fix it by bringing in some people like the ones kohohe mentioned.. in regards to the o line.... i think its a lost cause and if its a lost cause. it matters little who the qb is
-----------------
I think suggs would at least bring some fire and veteran leadership. Matthews sucks id rather go 2 and 14.

At the end of the day if they lose this game the season is over and it doesn't matter who they bring in.
-----------------
thus they should have done something after the eagles.. we were crying out for help then. they press the ignore button and then it blows up totally vs the dolphins
-----------------
Doesnt Goff do better on the move in roll outs/bootlegs?
----------------
From my observation that's been the MO of McVay as of late.....get Goff out of the pocket.....roll out / bootlegs....easy throws...allows him to stay upright. Makes getting to the QB difficult.
---------------
The beginning of the Niners 14 game winning streak begins this Sunday Night
----------------
Who would Ramsey take? Debo or Aiyuk?
----------------
He might be taking Kittle imo.
-----------------
Would love to see us try to run the ball at least 25 times Sunday night. good things happen when we commit to running the damn football
----------------
mostert did well last week. but along with everything else. it looks like the o line has forgotten how to run block
-----------------
I can see this being a close game then the Rams pull away. I'd expect a lot of Goff to Kupp, Woods and Higbee.
I can't see our O-line holding up vs that D. Just will take one hit from Donald to finish Jimmy.
D has too many injuries to overcome to be a force. Secondary is hurting big time
-----------------
i hope its close with a chance for robby at the end. now it depends on what type of an effort the team chooses to give. i thought last week they half assed it and i blame that directly on the coach plus this team needs some serious leaders. with no sherman. i guess kittle is trying but this is a problem. you are spot on.. i think we will get popped 38-17 and have to endure the glee coming from collinsworthless on our plight of ineptness
-----------------
If Miami almost hung a 50 burger the Rams are gonna cake walk.
-----------------
Game plan against Donald in the run game
Avoid Ramsey in the pass game
Keep Jimmy on his feet in the pocket

Keys to victory against LA in my opinion
---------------
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/...regame-thread-2020-season-week/search=heroism

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
76-6 Rams. A slightly above average Goff is going to murder Salehs garbage defense.

This is not true in so many ways. I mean has Salehs D fallen off this season? I haven’t seen any 9er games this season. This dude has no faith in the 9ers. Lol

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Looks like Grab-my-pole will be starting.....

oldnotdead

Legend
You have to wonder about these comments about this or that o-lineman being able to match up with AD. What they don't seem to grasp is that o-line players are static in that they are tied to their positions. AD moves around, from 3T to 5T on both sides. If you have a weakness up front he will find it.....assuming Staley doesn't have him on a short leash.

Jimmy G isn't exactly a QB to fear right now. Also, he's not as mobile now either. Time for AD to roast that lame duck.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to laugh at some of the doofuses criticizing Goff. He's a "one-read QB" and doesn't go through progressions? Bahahahaha! So stupid. There are legitimate criticisms, but that ain't one. As for Cooper Kupp, put Jimmy Ward on him again. Something tells me that it won't be Kupp's lunch getting taken.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
As usual with whiner comments I like seeing the realistic scared ones but I hate the clueless delusional ones. Always a few popping off ignorant nonsense in the whiner bunch. Hope Donald pops off Crappolo's head.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to laugh at some of the doofuses criticizing Goff. He's a "one-read QB" and doesn't go through progressions? Bahahahaha! So stupid. There are legitimate criticisms, but that ain't one. As for Cooper Kupp, put Jimmy Ward on him again. Something tells me that it won't be Kupp's lunch getting taken.

they only repeat what they see on all those shit sports shows.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So the reason McVay rolls Goff out is so he only has to read half of the field, because he's a one read QB? I think he's confusing Jared with Kaepernick.

And Jimmie Ward is a decent SS but since when has he owned Cooper Kupp's soul?

Some guy named Brunskill handled AD last year?

"I remember what its like to play the Rams without Boss, Ford or Sherman, it's not pretty." :ROFLMAO:

"Our Oline can't stop Ryan Smaller right now":p

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So the reason McVay rolls Goff out is so he only has to read half of the field, because he's a one read QB? I think he's confusing Jared with Kaepernick.

That's hilarious coming from Niner fans. They were probably slobbering all over Kap's knob when he was nothing but a 1-read-and-QB. And last year, their head coach had to do it with mirrors to hide the glaring weaknesses of his QB, only to have things catch up to him when it mattered most.

STFU Niner fans ... you punks WISH you had Goff right now, instead of that pathetically average QB who was average as hell last year *even with* a stellar running game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two thoughts came to mind.

One I'm surprised you found that many whiner fans to comment, it must be 2 or 3 guys continually posting as if they had multiple personalities.

And second any fanbase that has that QB room and criticizes Goff is clearly lost beyond all help. Imagine thinking Goff was bad after watching Jimmy Shit Show and his group of backup singers and having the balls to criticize Jared.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Two thoughts came to mind.

One I'm surprised you found that many whiner fans to comment, it must be 2 or 3 guys continually posting as if they had multiple personalities.

And second any fanbase that has that QB room and criticizes Goff is clearly lost beyond all help. Imagine thinking Goff was bad after watching Jimmy Shit Show and his group of backup singers and having the balls to criticize Jared.
Try hards. Straight up non-sense. That is a plausible assumption though.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Well I hope the Rams are prepared because it's a divisional game and you know the 9ers arent going to be embarrassed 2 weeks in a row. We better be ready for this. I think we will win but it's going to be a tough game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like Grab-my-pole will be starting.....

Not surprised. But it also cries BS as the reason he was pulled last week.

Jimmy G has bruised confidence... we need to add to his misery, early.

Rattle his ass.

jap

Legend
Well I hope the Rams are prepared because it's a divisional game and you know the 9ers aren't going to be embarrassed 2 weeks in a row. We better be ready for this. I think we will win but it's going to be a tough game.

Head coach, Sean McVay, talked about the '9ers being the defending NFC champs, so at least he is taking the right approach to this NFC West opening matchup. I want to believe he will have our team's collective heads screwed on right against a divisional rival---our biggest traditional rival at that. No matter how wounded the '9ers are right now, no team knows our strengths & weaknesses better than our divisional rivals. We swept the NFC East teams already. That stretch of games was a good rehearsal for what we need to do on a much higher level with our NFC West peers. This is no time to take our foot off the performance 'accelerator'!

Shanny has some football brains, but he is not! The Leprechaun!, and Sean's unofficial theme slogan for this season - The Revenge of the Leprechaun! - ramps up in earnest this weekend against our longest term rivals. I have been awaiting this game because I want to see if DC Brandon Staley has Jalen Ramsey keying on TE George Kittle, who has been roasting our secondary in past contests. Time for Jalen to really start earning that megabucks contract! Hopefully, our young edge rushers continue polishing their individual games and playing successfully off Aaron Donald's eternal dynamic presence in the trenches as Brandon continues to finetune his defense for the regular season stretch run and upcoming playoffs. Will ILB Troy Reeder build on last weekend's emergence and continue to be an effective & dynamic foil to Aaron's consistent dominance? Is returning ILB Micah Kiser, freshly back from injury, ready to rock and roll against the dynamic '9er rushing attack?

How good is Sean and OC Kevin O'Connell at implementing the diversified running attack to set up the passing offense? They have youngsters Darrell Henderson Jr. & Cam Akers with veteran RBs Malcolm Brown & Robert Woods, our featured RB who is perennially disguised as an elite WR. Time for both stud Tyler Higbee & the emerging Gerald Everett to show Kittle he isn't the only elite TE in the wild, wild NFC West! I expect Cooper Kupp & Josh Reynolds to have their respective moments. This is a good time for Sean to officially unleash his secret weapon, Van Jefferson, against the NFC West opponents--- as if Robert & Cooper were not defensive coordinator headaches all by themselves! Cam Akers also will be officially indoctrinated into the ever lasting NFC West wargames. Rookie kicker, Sam Slocom, and veteran punter, Johnny Hekker, & long snapper, Jake McQuaide, and the rest of the team & coaches all should be focused on fine-tuning their respective games for a wild regular season stretch run & playoff push.

With the division leading Seahawks resting & watching us this Sunday, this game should be our first divisional tuneup for Week Ten's clash with MVP hopeful Russell Wilson and his 'Hawks. At that time Horns will be returning fresh from their Week Nine bye week.

ARE YA READY TO RUMBLE!!???!!!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never predict wins .... or scores or anything related to the rams so I’ll just say this .. the only team that can beat the rams this weekend is the rams

If our O comes out ugly like they did against buffalo we could be in trouble

If our D doesn’t come out strong we could be in trouble

If we get one of those rams we have all seen where there’s no rhythm or consistency we are in trouble

Not that I think it’ll happen but it’s always there in my mind

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a good time for Sean to officially unleash his secret weapon, Van Jefferson, against the NFC West opponents

I feel like at some point this season, Jeff’s going to “have a game” we buzz about afterward.

This week? I dunno. But... I expect it at some point...

Karate61

There can be no excellence without effort.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Camp Reporter
Name
Jeff
I think these loser 9er fans have resorted to reverse psychology!