Nick Wagoner Mailbag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nick's Mailbag, Stlouisrams.com
Hey Rams fans, sorry for the delay. Been traveling and everything thrown off a bit. Here now, so let's get to your questions.

Ramprint, Medford, Oregon
12:58 PM CT
Hi Nick and thank you again for doing great on keeping us up to date. I thought I would change my name from Paul, medford to the name I use to post things on the Ram message board. My question is if you have a feeling of what the starting back end of the defense will look like? I like this kid Daniels and was wondering how he looks?

My guess and it's just a guess right now is that it will be Finnegan and Jenkins at CB with Mikell and Stewart at S. I think Finnegan and Mikell are pretty well set but the other two are subject to competition. Dahl very well could push Stewart, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim, Omaha
1:02 PM CT
Hey Nick, would love to hear any tidbits from camp. I am feeling pretty good so far on what the Rams have done on paper. Things should be looking up. "D" seems to have improved across the board with the addition of Haggan to the LB core. The front and back four have taken a major step up. Offensively my only concern is the OL, if they can get this group together and find the hidden gem in a G. I can see the team winning 6-8 games if they can stay healthy and avoid the shooting themselves in the foot penalties.

As I mentioned, I was out of pocket last week so I only saw one full OTA last week on Wednesday. Check out the From the Sidelines blogs on Wednesdays and Fridays, though. I'll post tidbits there. But let's remember, this is OTAs. Most of what you see doesn't mean a whole lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

erik, st louie
1:04 PM CT
nick, jenkins will be a all pro , bet on it!

He's very talented.

Kevin, Redding Ca.
1:05 PM CT
Nick, Here's one from left-field. Do you play fantasy football? If not,do you think were weird?

I do. It's the one fantasy sport I do play, easier to manage and fun to track. I don't think people who play fantasy are weird, not at all.

Kevin, Redding Ca.
1:06 PM CT
Hi Nick, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the competition plays out at linebacker. I admit I was disappointed when we didn't draft a LB until the seventh round but the additions we've made since are exciting. I can see at least three of the rookies really pushing for starting time. With vets Haggan and Dunbar in the mix it will be very interesting. I like the mix of youth and experience plus with the major upgrades on the line and in the backfield,the backers jobs will be a lot easier. Thoughts?

It should be pretty interesting. I think Laurinaitis and Dunbar are pretty well set. Beyond that, should be a lot of competition. Haggan was signed as a possible answer at SLB but Josh Hull won't just give up his chance there, either. The rookies are all wild cards but will have a fair shot, same for Justin Cole.

bill, stlouis
1:07 PM CT
what camp compation are you most lookin forward to?

I think the most obvious is at left guard where there is a huge opening. But the one that is most interesting to me is how the CBs shake out. I think we have a good idea of the six top guys on the outside but how they end up on the depth remains to be seen. Should be a really strong group.

Luis, Winter Garden, FL
1:09 PM CT
Hey Nick, thank you for your time. Is the number 21 Janoris Jenkins going to be his official number or will it change as we get closer to the begining of the season... Thanks again and take care.

I don't see any reason he'd change it.

White Buffalo, Ripon, Ca
1:09 PM CT
Nick any thing going on at Rams nation regarding free agent signings coming up that you can talk about.

Obviously, the Rams are still open to any possibilities be it waiver wire or free agents. But nothing imminent this week.

White Buffalo, Ripon, CA
1:10 PM CT
Nick, I think barring injuries to key players we are going to turn the corner big time this year. I don,t feel that we are that far off. What do you think.

I would expect to see games that are much more competitive, I don't make predictions but I do think the talent level, athleticism and speed of the team has increased this offseason.

White Buffalo, Ripon, CA
1:11 PM CT
Nick, maybe it is just me, I have been a Rams fan since the early sixties. It has been a long time since we have had a coach like Fisher. I can,t think of anybody else out that has a better chance to right the ship. Can you feel and see the difference that I am sure many Rams fans do.

I've said it before but the one thing you notice about Fisher and staff is the comfort in their own skin. They've done this before. They know what they're doing and they're confident that their process will work.

Steve, Long Island NY
1:12 PM CT
Nick do u think this will be a break out year for Bradford. But It will not happen unless he has a great offence line in front of him.

For Bradford to succeed, he needs everyone to step up, not just the O line. And he needs to be healthy.

Johnniewarthawg, Turlock, Ca
1:12 PM CT
Hi Nick, What do you think the chances of my buddy Tom Brandstater sticking around after the drafting of Austin Davis. COME ON CAMP!

Davis was an undrafted free agent. But I think that will be a camp competition should the Rams choose to keep three QBs.

Steve, Long Island NY
1:13 PM CT
Nick do u know how good the TE is that we pickup from the Colts.

Brody Eldridge is known for his blocking prowess. He doesn't have a ton of background as a pass catcher but he's coming into a situation where he has a chance to make the roster. He's 6'5, 265 pounds so he certainly looks the part.

Steve, Long Island NY
1:15 PM CT
Nick is there any more FA deals in the wind that u have heard of. Have a great day Nic
k.
Nothing imminent.

Randy Smith, Eugene, OR
1:16 PM CT
Hey Nick, Back in February there was a report we signed an offensive lineman from the CFL by the name of Jovan Olafioye. Was that a false article or what because I do not see him on our roster at all. Thanks Nick.

Not a false article but he did not pass his physical and thus was not signed.

Mike , Canada
1:17 PM CT
Nick, The TE from Indy that played with Sam, did he catch passes in College? or is he mainly a blocker? On that note were Kendriks and Hoomanaui in camp?

See earlier response on Eldridge. Yes, Kendricks and Hoomanawanui are attending OTAs. Ho Ho is still a bit limited coming off injury.

Mike , Canada
1:18 PM CT
Hey NIck, I see DX was held out of some stuff in the last week. Precautionary? That kids needs a break and if he can play 12-14 games he will put up some big numbers , especially if he can get single coverage. Added depth at WR will be a huge help to him. What do you think

It was a hamstring thing but mostly precautionary. Still, you have to be a bit concerned anytime he's not able to practice.

Mike , Canada
1:20 PM CT
Hey Nick , Have you see the kid Zeurlein kick yet? Its a great thing to have the kids kick, save lots of cap space, provided he is mentally tough. Your thoughts

Not yet. But there is a lot of confidence in him.

eric, show me state
1:22 PM CT
Nick-What do you think of Fisher settings goals for the sack record ? I still think Steven Jackson can get the allpurpose record.Pulls a muscle on the first run,on a TD against Philly though.Neve stops amazes me.

Why not send the message that you want to be the best? Fisher and Co. believe they have an area of strength on the D line, why not push them to try to achieve something that hasn't been done?

Don Riley , New Jersey
1:23 PM CT
We saw the Titans offensive line last year in preseason. And they manhandled our team with their size. Would it be wrong to still consider last years Titans offensive line a Jeff Fisher product ? Also is this situation a Golden opportunity for Rokevious Watkins ?. He seems to be a perfect fit as a Jeff Fisher Offensive Guard. I know that Watkins played both tackles and right guard at South Carolina. Is he slated to get work at Tackle along with Guard. Or is he going to solely be a project at Left Guard ?

Right now, Watkins is working exclusively at LG. As I wrote last week, he's very much in the mix at that spot. The expectation is that he'll only improve with time.

mike, montreal
1:24 PM CT
I like craig Dahl as a special teamer, but I do not feel he should be the starting safety. When he had the opportunity to start he would bite on every single play action. I think he can potentially play on nickel and dime packages where he can be more aggressive, but unfortunately I do not think he has the chops to be a starter. Am I absolutely wrong?

In an ideal world, he's your third safety who can play special teams and has the versatility to backup either spot at safety. But as a starting safety, he's a pretty good box player and a reliable tackler.

Futureramsgm, st.louis mo
1:27 PM CT
Let's say legarette blount is realeased after losing the starting job (let's pretend that's what happened). Will having familiarity with Fisher help Blount become a Ram? I like Pead, but I think he will only be a compliment to an "A-Back" type of runner. Why is Rosario Nelson not on the Rams' radar? Is he a character concern?, or does he not pick up playbooks well? Thanks again!

Let's not say that. Why would Tampa release Blount? I have no clue on Rosario. Is he not on anyone's radar?

Roger Paul, New Haven , Mo
1:28 PM CT
Ultimately , to BEGIN the season who do you think the starting 3 wide-outs (well 2 wideouts one slot) will be i'm going Quick Smith & Amendola

As of right now, I think your three would be my best guess as well. But I wouldn't sleep on Salas or Givens as another option outside.

Roger Paul , New Haven , Mo
1:29 PM CT
Is it possible that Fischer & Snead will come up with 9 starters from this draft class and the UDFA's they signed?

Nine? Hmmm, do we get to count punter and kicker? Let's go through it: Probable starters: Brockers, Jenkins, Hekker, Zuerlein, Quick. Possible starters: Watkins and Givens. Not sure I'm seeing nine but I think it's entirely possible that at least nine find a way to contribute this season.

Mike , Canada
1:32 PM CT
NIck have you ever seen a National Lacrosse League game? Perfect sport for St Louis to run with the Blues. More goals , better fights, flashier than hockey. You should check it out if you have not.

I have not checked it out but I do watch bits and pieces of some of the high level lacross tournaments on ESPN for the college teams.

Cian Luck, Ireland
1:34 PM CT
As a big Rams fan from Ireland I'm incredibly excited about getting to see my team play for the next three years, but I understand the mixed reactions among the American fans. How do the players themselves feel about coming over to London versus losing a home game?

Haven't really discussed it with any of them yet.

MarkStevens7777, Norway
1:34 PM CT
Here’s an idea, tell me what you think: Since we need an LB, Matt Daniels is great at run support, largely untried at pass coverage. He is not that much smaller than Chamberlain and some other LBs. Maybe give him a shot at kind of an LB/SS hybrid position. The DL looks like they will be strong against the run, and Daniels would add another solid coverage guy against the pass + exceptional run support for a SS. Now they are trying to convert him to FS, but this might fit him better. And most yards are gained through the air, where he should be better than any LB. Would also be a super-quick blitzer.

Let me start by saying that Daniels is a safety. I don't think he'll move from there. Also, let me add that from what little I saw he's not as bad in pass coverage as some indicate. Just because he didn't do much of it doesn't mean he can't. That said, if he makes the roster and plays, he'll be used in the box quite a bit anyway because that's what he does best.

erik, west side
1:35 PM CT
nick i would love to see the rams on hard knocks, that would be awsome!

Don't see it happening anytime soon.

larry, chicago
1:36 PM CT
Hey Nick, I think I am the only RAMS fan in CHICAGO BEARS country but thats ok. Do you agree that B. Quick and C Given chance to improve in practice against J Jenkins and C. Finnegan every day should help to improve their skills when they go against others teams. By years two if these guys are still healthy they will be MONSTERS.

Of course. The more competition you have, the better. That's true everywhere, not just at those spots.

Rich Merchant, Beachwood,NJ
1:36 PM CT
Hey Nick, I seen we picked up Richardson this week an was wondering why his name wasnt mentioned at being a starter on the line in my head i figured it would be Saffold at LT,richardson at LG,Wells at C,Dahl at RG, an Smith (hopefully finally steps up!) at RT, an if not what does the line look like its gunna be by september? Also Im surprised Gibson wouldnt star over one of those rookies at WR he looked good last year an like he might become Laurent Robinson like of the cowboys last year?

Richardson was brought in as depth at tackle. Not likely in the mix at guard.

Reason Warehime, Fresno CA
1:38 PM CT
WoW! Sammy Brown went undrafted how is that even possible? I must be in the wrong Bussiness. we'll I said it last year when we grabbed Greg Salas. So I call it agian this year Sammy Brown is a stud good job! Fisher. WoW! Sammy brown undrafted Worth a 3rd at least. GoRams!

From his account, there were questions about where he'd fit in the NFL (considered a bit of a tweener) and his effort on every play. Certainly, though, someone that productive has talent. We'll see if he can translate it to the NFL.

MarkStevens7777, Norway
1:42 PM CT
It is fine to say there is plenty of defensive expertise on the Rams' staff, but who is going to actually function as DC? Someone has to prep the defensive game plan et al. How is this going to work in "real life," where someone has to step up? I like Fisher's loyalty in keeping the DC open for his buddy to return to, but this is one of the few moves of his that seems problematic. Any thoughts? Also, any word on the staff's view on Lance Kendricks? He seems to have so much promise; are they big on him? Skeptical? Oblivious?

Interesting enough, Blake Williams has been doing a lot of install with the defense in the early going. But again, it's going to be a group effort. I think the staff likes Kendricks and he fits the bill as the "move" type of TE that Fisher has used in his past.

eric, show me state
1:44 PM CT
Nick-Do you know who was catching punts for the Rams when they were doing special team work ? Were the rookies out of town then.

They've been working a bunch of guys catching punts in the early going. Too soon to get a read.

Will, Tallahassee
1:45 PM CT
If you had to guess who would get a long term deal first between Long and JL, who would it be?

No clue. But I expect both to happen, possibly before training camp begins.

Don Riley , New Jersey
1:46 PM CT
I liked Cox alot in this draft. But, I do understand Jeff Fisher and co's. mindset on Michael Brockers. The Rams don't have that type of guy. An Anchor type player. The New York Giants when they had their great defense back in the eighties. Had two players who anchored the team but didn't get all the props. Henry Marshall and Carl Banks. Will that be the role of Brockers ? And will the Rams bring in a vet to School Brockers on controlling the line of scrimmage ? Possibly a model for him. I can see now that Cox was not that type of player.

The Rams certainly are hoping Brockers can be an anchor against the run in the middle of the line. But make no mistake, they believe he has potential as a pass rusher as well and DL coach Mike Waufle will be able to get that out of him. I don't forsee any more moves being made at DT, at least not right away. Think the staff will use this time to evaluate what they have before making any more moves.

eric, show me state
1:48 PM CT
Nick-Why don't we get a thank you for posting anymore,or is it because I'm not as special now ?

Not sure what you mean. I always thank you guys at the end of every chat. I do appreciate all the participation.

Will, Tallahassee
1:49 PM CT
I know a lot of the attention has been focused on the two OLB spots but what about a back-up middle linebacker?

Josh Hull is the guy there.

eric, show me state
1:49 PM CT
Nick,Was there any interest in Windslow from T.Bay on the Rams part.

Not that I'm aware of but not certain on that.

eric, show me state
1:50 PM CT
Nick-Who would you rather Quick & Pead, or Jennings & LaMiceal James ?

Jennings?

Don Riley , New Jersey
1:50 PM CT
Darrien Stewart's name has been coming up some. Ok, maybe he's not the surest tackler. But, don't you feel he showed improved coverage skills. Also, some big play potential and a very good aptitude as a blitzer ? I thought he was one of the bright spots from last year's team. He seemed to show more confidence and improvement in every area last year;.as the season moved along. What do you think, Nick ? I do feel Dahl is the surest tackler (but I liked Stewart in coverage).

I think Stewart made good progress last year but he really needs to clean up his tackling. I think he'll have every opportunity to win the job this year but just keep in mind that he was a "find" of the previous regime. This regime could look at the position different or want something different at that spot. I think Stewart and Dahl will compete for the starting job with perhaps Daniels finding its way into the mix.

eric, show me state
1:52 PM CT
Nick--My best guess is Pead will be the man returning punts.He has such great vision as a runner.Is Givens in the hunt as a return man,because of his speed ? The thanks was a reply from the server the last couple years.Never anything against you.It was in green.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I definitely think Pead will ultimately do some returning be it as a PR, KR or both. Givens will probably get a look as well. Jenkins could get a long look as a PR as well though if he's the starting CB maybe he won't.

Josh, Iowa
1:54 PM CT
Hey Nick, hows it going? On espn.com Mel Kiper had Robert Quinn as one of his rising stars among second year players. He goes on to mention how Quinn had 5 sacks last year and only played about half of the defensive snaps. He is moving into a starting role this year so he will have more chances for sacks, especially with Long and Brockers eating up defenders, but what about his run stopping ability? Do you think he can be solid against the run this year?

That's the million dollar question, Josh. I fully expect Quinn to make great strides in his second season. Remember, he didn't get an offseason to adjust last year and was coming off a knee injury as well. He should be stronger and stouter holding the edge but must improve in his run reads and instincts. I do think he can be solid against the run and I expect him to be a big time pass rusher sooner than later.

eric, show me state
1:57 PM CT
AJ the WR from Illionios.49ers draft picks vs Rams.Your not to high on Brian Quick ?

AJ Jenkins? I just didn't know who you meant. I am high on Quick, like his potential a lot. But I didn't know what you were trying to debate. Fact is, the Rams liked Quick more than Jenkins and Pead more than James.

1:59 PM CT
"I fully expect Quinn to make great strides in his second season. Remember, he didn't get an offseason to adjust last year and was coming off a knee injury as well" Knee injury? I thought it was a non-football issue that kept him out a year?

It was. But remember him sitting out at camp at the beginning of last year? He had a right knee sprain that kept him from jumping in the fray right away during camp.

eric, show me state
2:01 PM CT
Nick-Those poor Bull . The Lakers went down last night.Tim Duncan , Pop, & gang hopefully get there long time achivement award in the end. Thanks as always for your time and patients.

I'm rooting for the Thunder. I have great respect for what Duncan and Co. have accomplished but I'd like to see the torch passed to Kevin Durant and his group. Just a very likable team and Durant is an outstanding player who "gets it."

Mike, Fresno
2:02 PM CT
Hey Nick, The general feeling seems to be everyone is worried about our OL. I think people seem to forget that last year we lost both our starting tackles, and a starting guard. We benched our center and then moved him to guard due to injuries and moved our starting guard to tackle. That's a lot to overcome. In the meantime, we picked up a pro bowl center to replace Brown and get both our tackles back. But most importantly, we changed offensive systems that doesn't require Bradford to make all the OL calls and won't have him taking 7 step drops on every play waiting for receivers to get open. I think the addition of a new offense and a new center will be a far greater improvement to our OL than using one of our picks in the 3 rounds on a lineman.

All valid points but a lot of moving parts here. The concern about the OL is valid in the sense that there are a number of spots with mostly unproven players. Fisher believes in the guys on the roster and in OL coach Paul Boudreau. His judgment on those things has proved good in the past but it's still a little leap of faith.

Randy Smith, Eugene, OR
2:05 PM CT
Hey Nick, Is there a possibility that Jovan Olafioye gets another chance to take a physical and try-out for the team?

I suppose anything is possible but I haven't heard anything to indicate that it will.

Don Riley, New Jersey
2:06 PM CT
Isn't it true that Jason Brown had an incredible amount of trouble last year. Blocking in the red zone ? The Rams red zone offense last year was rather poor. And most of the trouble was over Brown ?

Brown definitely struggled last year, a lot.

eric, show me state
2:06 PM CT
Nick --from your up close video of Brian Quick,it looked like he beat Janoirs Jenkins pretty good.I like his ball pressence,keeping it away from the defender. How good is the WR coach ?

Ray Sherman is a very widely respected WR coach in the league. The young wideouts seem to really like him so far.

mike, montreal
2:07 PM CT
The Oline we signed, richardson, what position was he playing with the chiefs, is that his most comfortable place on the line. I think it was a great signing i think he has the ability to push for a starting job, from watching him play he looks like a fighter and a competitor, there were rumours about this signing before the draft and I was very glad to hear it finally got done. What are your thoughts on this player?

Right tackle is the position he's most experienced at. He should provide depth. He's still young and has good size and measurables. Perhaps Boudreau could help him develop.

eric, show me state
2:08 PM CT
Nick-yeah Kevin is a great kid.I see that Sam Bradford was wear a Virgina shirt over the offseason.Hanging with Chris Long. How big of a Ok City fan is he ? He was at a couple games in 2010-11 season.

He's a huge Thunder fan and he loves hoops as well. I'd venture a guess he'll be attending some games in the near future.

Don Riley , New Jersey
2:10 PM CT
The situation in the kicking game. Brand new placekicker and punter. What happens if they can't make it ? That's one area the Rams had been secure in. Now they have two rookies there. Isn't that a risky proposition ? Why not let the rookies win the jobs ?

There's some risk in it, sure. But I don't think it's something to worry about right now. If you get midway through camp and they are both struggling a lot then you can be concerned. And technically, the rookies will have to win the jobs. There's another punter and another kicker in camp right now to help push the rookies.

Don Riley , New Jersey
2:11 PM CT
Nick, the one major positive we have as Rams Fans. Is that we have a potentially an exceptional quarterback. I've heard some crass comments. But, overall the people in the know rate him very highly. Isn't it true that if he's given the proper help. The Rams could change this entire thing more quickly than possibly .....people anticipate ?

If indeed Bradford can have a breakthrough like you're talking about, sure the Rams can turn it around quickly.

Julian Felice, Gibraltar
2:12 PM CT
Hi Nick!! I know it's early days but do you anticipate Rams players and/or coaches making some kind of public appearances in London for their Europe-based fans? And will occasional contributors to your Mailbag get special treatment????

No details on anything yet but I would say yes to the first part, probably not to the second part. But if you consider special treatment a chance to shake hands and chat with me, I'd be happy to do so.

eric, show me state
2:14 PM CT
Nick--Would you rather Blackmon,or Brockers,Pead & Rok ??? I know Jacksonville traded to the 5th spot. The trade back with Dallas,gave Snead more options as well.The Rams might have traded the 4th rd pick(Givens),or maybe even taken a risk of taking Brian Quick a little later ?

Sorry, Eric, I just don't see the point in playing these hypothetical draft games a month after the fact. Let's see how everything plays out.

Steve, NJ
2:14 PM CT
I know of two ex Rams players coaching in the NFL,Nolan Cromwell and Henry Ellard. Where are they now? Do you know of any others? I liked when Ellard was coaching with the Rams many years ago.

Nolan is the WR coach in Cleveland now. Henry is now the receivers coach in New Orleans.
Ken, Anaheim
2:16 PM CT
Nick, Seems like we are fat at CR right now and have signed some LBers as well. On paper what position do we appear strong at and which are we still in need of some help or at least unsure of. thanks

I think CB is clearly the most loaded position on the roster in terms of potential. I think the DL is very solid as well. There's a fair amount of uncertainty at LG, still.

Dave B, Chesterfield
2:17 PM CT
Nick, Is there a chance Turner could be the starting LG? How would you rate his chances?

I think he'll be in the mix but my early impression is that he's viewed as more of an interior swing man who can play G or C and that will be his most likely role moving forward.

Dave B, Chesterfield
2:18 PM CT
HI Nick, What do you see as Jerome Murphy's role this season? Any chance he will be moved to Safety?

I've already written this a few times but I've been told Murphy is staying at CB right now. I think he's being overlooked a little bit right now because he really fits the mold of what a Jeff Fisher CB should be. I think he'll compete and battle for playing time. I don't think he'll start but I wouldn't be shocked if he sneaks into the top 3 and has a nickel role.

Ken, Anaheim
2:19 PM CT
Hi Nick, When are the Rams going to start signing their draft choices? I know they time, but I see a lot of teams are already signing theirs.

Again, the Rams aren't in a hurry to do it. THey want to get these kids some off the field mentoring before handing them millions. I'd guess some time after the rookie symposium in June would be a more likely timeframe.

Scott, Los Angeles
2:20 PM CT
Hi Nick, Just wanted to let you know that this past Saturday was my Grand Canyon Hike as part of Team in Training. I did the South Kaibab to Tonto Trail back up Bright Angel. 13.5 miles and 7000 feet of total elevation gain. Our Los Angeles Team raised over $100,000 towards fighting Leukemia. thanks for being a part of my team.

That's absolutely outstanding, Scott. Thank you for doing what you did for a great cause, it was my pleasure to chip in to help.

Scott, Los Angeles
2:31 PM CT
Hello Nick, how are you today. This may be a silly question, but what are the goals and objectives of the OTA's. Your answer to those inquiring how certain players looked was not to get too excited because they dont mean much. What is Fisher and gang looking for? thanks for taking all of our questions.

The main thing to take from these is the opportunity to install the offense and defense, learn how to practice how Fisher wants them to practice and build camaraderie. There's no pads, no real hitting. It's really just laying a mental and physical foundation. The easiest way to think of it is not as preparation for the season but as preparation for training camp.

Russ, in Phoenix
2:35 PM CT
Hey Nick! Did you know that Brian Quick played against Janoris Jenkins in college? On November 20, 2010 Would you asking them about their game against each other? That would be a very interesting question for them. Thanks!

I'll see what I can find out.

Russ, in Phoenix
2:36 PM CT
At this point, post-draft, post-F/A, post-UDFA, what position is a position of need? What's a position of want? (other than 25 AllPros on the roster) I'm not seeing a glaring hole on the roster at this point; Do you? Thanks.

Might be a tad early to say a position of need because we don't really know what's in place right now, a lot of things have to play out before we can pinpoint those strengths and weaknesses. I think you'd like to be better at just about every position and bolster the depth but there has been so much turnover on the roster that it's very difficult to say what's what at this early stage.

Ryan William, youngstown,ohio
2:37 PM CT
How are you doing? Thanks for answering my question. Firstly, do you know what our salary cap would be next year and do you have a sense that we will be looking for a rotational DE and DT when teams start to cut for that fourth sspot?

The Rams will have a little bit of breathing room under the cap after signing picks (probably somewhere in the $2-3 million range though that's just an estimate right now. I think the Rams feel pretty good about what they have in terms of the DL rotation. They could look to add another body inside but with Trevor Laws at DT and William Hayes at DE and Eugene Sims still around, there are pieces in place the staff likes.

That's going to do it for this week. Thanks as always for chiming in. Back next week. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.