Nick Scott out of commission for a month. Darious update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
That’s actually some good news.

Scott could be critical to the success of our secondary, allowing Burgess to man the nickel.

Williams having nothing serious is very important to.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah we dodged a bullet there. Hope it's something that he can get past without any more BS.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

McVay: Darious Williams (ankle) back within the next week, Nick Scott to miss a month after tweaking knee​

Aug 12, 2021 at 05:38 PM
Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)

Stu Jackson

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Rams head coach Sean McVay on Thursday said he expects cornerback Darious Williams (ankle) to be back within the next week, while safety Nick Scott will miss a month after tweaking his knee.
Williams' ankle injury prevented him from participating in the Rams' final training camp practice in Irvine on Tuesday.
"He just kind of had a little ankle tweak," McVay said Thursday. "We want to be really smart with him and get him back sooner than later."
Scott hurt his knee during that same Tuesday practice. McVay on Thursday described Scott's injury as "a little bit of a sprain of the knee."
However, "the goal is to have him ready for the Bears game," McVay said.
Meanwhile, McVay said rookie cornerback Robert Rochell (wrist) is able to do a lot of drills full-speed off to the side, but they have to put him in a cast when he plays full-speed.
"What that exactly looks like and what the timetable is, anywhere over the next couple of weeks," McVay said.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yeah - I saw both injuries live. Sucks - but was drinking on Nick Scott. Of course I said something about both. Couldn’t believe no one gave a Xxxx about Williams.Then with Nick Scott there was something there ?
Oh well- what can you do ?
Saw Juju playing CB - have photos,but whatever? Juju is interesting,because he is a player no one is talking about.
Guess what ?
#23 will make the 53imo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh - yes RR with his grill is already back. Dude is a player. Juju with his tooth pick ? Really? I personally like his ball skills.

went to SD’s practice & like there CB’s. Different style for sure.David Long I had to tell him to get more physical.He should know it,but the Miami Dolphins game was a good example.

-Can’t stop posting,but have seen a bunch of tribute bands these last couple weeks. — Maybe it’s the alcohol or coffee ? 9 am practice in straight sunrise heat can get to some.
—Have to say there is a God’s grace in this World.If your 2 believe?

oldnotdead

Legend
I like Juju and figured he would be #5 CB though Donte Deayon has a bit of seniority on him. Deayon is about 5'9" amd has been timed analytically at about 4.42 and is best played at SCB. Juju is slightly taller at around 5'10 and analytically timed about the same. The difference with Juju however is he is a tweener CB/safety much like both Burgess and Scott. This is why I saw him as the #5CB if they carried 5.

But with the signing of Hall I think he fills that SCB role. I'm glad Williams will be back before the season starts, but in the overall scheme I think Rochell's return is equally important. I think he will be the #3 CB and probably is the #2CB next year. Williams' market value will be over $15M/yr and with the whole OL to extend I'm not sure they will have the money to compete for him. I only hope he signs outside the division.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That’s actually some good news.

Scott could be critical to the success of our secondary, allowing Burgess to man the nickel.

Williams having nothing serious is very important to.

That was my take. Scott news was delayed coming out. This is a relief.

oldnotdead

Legend
Once Rochell returns fully from his surgery this secondary will be filled with ball hawks. Ramsey, Williams, Rochell, Rapp and Fuller WOW. QBs be warned you throw at your own peril.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That was my take. Scott news was delayed coming out. This is a relief.
Yes, sir it sure was:hug:.

Free Safety Scott just appears to me to be made to play a ton of snaps the DC Morris defense. Not sure we have a real replacement fit lurking unless JuJu Hughes all of a sudden bursts through.

Terrell Burgess would be the natural replacement but with all the negative issues with corner Nickle David Long & the broken chicken wing of top rookie CB Robert Rochell. DB Burgess has to be the Nickleback, not the 3rd safety. I will be looking to see who replaces the injured Scott in DC Morris "Cover 3".

I would look for JR Reed #36 to start (turn in a very impressive showing against the Chargers. I watch this kid play down here in the SEC & I know he can bring the hit with his tackles) in Taylor Rapp's post & JuJu Hughes #23 to start in Jordan Fuller's post. Not sure what the 6-1 200lbs Troy Warner brings I have not heard or read much if anything on #38....:bueller:

One would think that the main starting corners against the Chargers will be David Long & veteran, 28 yr old Donte Deayon & Kareem Orr. The other backups the abused Brontae Harris, new guys Donovan Olumba & Tyler Hall ...all should give the Chargers' WR's some open spaces to score.

DC Morris might want to give his former Falcon CB Hall a good long look. Hall might be the new starting punt returner since McVay said NO on Kupp getting that assignment.

Last edited: