Nick Scott Becoming A Defensive Leader?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Nick Scott loves football and is just a VERY positive dude.

I’ve been a fan since the Rams brought him on and love to see how much he’s grown. He’s a legit safety now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
From the headline I’d say he chest bumped with Ben Sko after a big play (TD ?) which was cool to see.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I enjoyed that. Scott is a player.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He was a leader at Penn State. Even when he had to learn a new position, he was a leader. Some guys just have it in them to lead.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't lead unless you have earned it on the field. Nick Scott has earned it.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He's become a bright spot on the defense and has solidified his position.

Unfortunately, he's a UFA at the end of the year. I really, really hope we bring him back.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
love it! he had me cracking up around the 4:00 min mark talking about Benny Sko

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He's become a bright spot on the defense and has solidified his position.

Unfortunately, he's a UFA at the end of the year. I really, really hope we bring him back.
That would leave the Rams with often injured safety Jordan Fuller & safety Terrell Burgess as the young veteran starters.

Hopefully, FS Quentin Lake will get healthy enough to replace Scott. Russ Yeast can fill the space left by SS Taylor Rapp.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I love his physicality. Scott can really hit with authority. The Rams have not had that from a starting safety since TJ McDonald, but McDonald was undisciplined, at times taking himself out of position in an effort to make a huge hit when a simple tackle-and-wrap-up would do, and worse, injuring multiple Rams in the process with friendly fire(!). I liked TJ McDonald, but he caused multiple season-ending injuries for the Rams with his antics, and several other more minor injuries to teammates that were less serious but still resulted in man games lost. See my post on that way back in 2015 here. Not mentioned in that post is his friendly fire on EJ Gaines as well!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, he's a UFA at the end of the year.
Bummer! I checked his salary, and we are getting Nick Scott for the bargain basement rate of 960K this year. If he keeps playing like this, Scott will earn his big payday for his next contract.

Listening to Scott mic'd up made me really miss that special bond you can feel as part of a team sport. Love the way Scott pumps up and inspires his teammates.

Tano

Legend
I love his physicality. Scott can really hit with authority. The Rams have not had that from a starting safety since TJ McDonald, but McDonald was undisciplined, at times taking himself out of position in an effort to make a huge hit when a simple tackle-and-wrap-up would do, and worse, injuring multiple Rams in the process with friendly fire(!). I liked TJ McDonald, but he caused multiple season-ending injuries for the Rams with his antics, and several other more minor injuries to teammates that were less serious but still resulted in man games lost. See my post on that way back in 2015 here. Not mentioned in that post is his friendly fire on EJ Gaines as well!
You just had to bring me back to that thread. I don't know what game that was since I only read a page or two but OUCH.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
We will resign him and it will be a decent contract as well - he brings a ton to the D: leadership, physicality and work rate.

jap

Legend
Nick Scott runs the 40 yard dash in the 4.3x range; so he brings considerable momentum to the collisions with hapless opponents when he arrives at the point of impact.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Scott continues to play well this year, he will get a lucrative contract somewhere else, just like John Johnson did. Snead doesn't pay safeties.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Scott continues to play well this year, he will get a lucrative contract somewhere else, just like John Johnson did. Snead doesn't pay safeties.

Nick should have gotten a bonus just for destroying and shutting dweebo's pie hole.

Name
Richard Levy
Scott is an exception. He's playing at an elite level.

The Rams will have to keep him. He brings a physical presence to the safety poition that others lack.

Jordan Fuller was hailed by Rams fans from his arrival, but he doesn't do anything particularly well. Amongt our supposed key defenders, Fuller and Floyd are under-performing at their positions and are replaceable in my opinion.

We're not getting adequate production from either.