Nick Foles reaction to Chip Kelly racism accusations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The cartoon would have you believe that all black people act as Nick Foles is trying to act. It is demeaning to black people and just generally offensive. Unfortunately, when people don't think it's racist, it gives credence to those that believe institutional racism is still in full effect.
Question, when is it racism when it's towards white people? Or is being a racist only when you're white mimicking a black person? I never quite got that. It's called a cartoon for a reason. You make fun of the minority of whatever you are writing about. Because they're black people who act like this. I've been around quite a few black people who believe whites are just cousin fucking hillbillies. So I guess it goes both ways.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I do think it's funny. Reminds me of J-Roc from Trailer Park Boys.

And my wife wasn't offended by him, rather he was her favorite character on that silly show.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anybody here think Maclin, Jackson or McCoy are actually worth what they are being paid right now???
me....but I kinda like talented, fast, offensive weapons that can score a bunch of TD's in the NFL and are in their prime...that's just me

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The cartoon would have you believe that all black people act as Nick Foles is trying to act. It is demeaning to black people and just generally offensive. Unfortunately, when people don't think it's racist, it gives credence to those that believe institutional racism is still in full effect.

OR it shows that some people read to far into things in order to

1. Troll
2. Incite argument over racism
3. Find a reason to argue until people give up so they feel their right.
4 make themselves feel better by being self righteous.
5. A mix of all the above.

This is simple it's a cartoon poking fun at a non issue created by a black player aimed at a white coach who had done nothing wrong. And further proved he was not as accused by his actions.

If you wanna Incite hate and ethnicity wars go somewhere else please because your statement is ludicrous and unneeded.

Oh and one last thing. This cartoon is actually making a reference to a goofy white boy acting a fool trying to pretend to be gangster nothing more

jjab360

Legend
I had a feeling someone would respond like that.

Actually, the cartoon does the exact opposite making fun of how white people think black people act as evidenced by Quinn and Donald's reactions and how they are embarrassed by Foles'behavior.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If the comic wants you to believe that then why does it include two black people who not only aren't acting like that, but balk at the idea of him acting like that? If the comic was trying to portray what you're saying it is, wouldn't they be happy about it and support it?

It's very obvious that it makes them uncomfortable and the butt of the joke is how dumb they think it is, not how totally black Foles is acting and how they totally love it. To say this is to ignore pretty much everything else the comic is telling you and to only focus on Foles.

It's much ado about nothing and I think too many people are trying to read way too hard into this comic when the joke is basically McCoy says all the talented players to leave the Eagles were black, Foles thinks he's black, Foles acts like idiot, everyone balks, the end.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
me....but I kinda like talented, fast, offensive weapons that can score a bunch of TD's in the NFL and are in their prime...that's just me

Wow okay.

You think Jackson and Maclin are worth $10mil per year? Jackson with the locker room drama, and Maclin with his injury history? Okay....

And I would contend that no RB is worth $13-14 mil per year.....and again, they replaced McCoy with an arguably better RB for cheaper. So that is a non issue as well.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question, when is it racism when it's towards white people? Or is being a racist only when you're white mimicking a black person? I never quite got that. It's called a cartoon for a reason. You make fun of the minority of whatever you are writing about. Because they're black people who act like this. I've been around quite a few black people who believe whites are just cousin freaking hillbillies. So I guess it goes both ways.

I do think it's racism when black people do the same to white people.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the comic wants you to believe that then why does it include two black people who not only aren't acting like that, but balk at the idea of him acting like that? If the comic was trying to portray what you're saying it is, wouldn't they be happy about it and support it?

It's very obvious that it makes them uncomfortable and the butt of the joke is how dumb they think it is, not how totally black Foles is acting and how they totally love it. To say this is to ignore pretty much everything else the comic is telling you and to only focus on Foles.

It's much ado about nothing and I think too many people are trying to read way too hard into this comic when the joke is basically McCoy says all the talented players to leave the Eagles were black, Foles thinks he's black, Foles acts like idiot, everyone balks, the end.

Yea I get all that. But I also think of how many people could/would be offended when seeing that joke. I didn't "read too much into it" - this was an instant reaction I had when reading it. It wasn't funny, and it's possible it could offend some people. So why do it?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yea I get all that. But I also think of how many people could/would be offended when seeing that joke. I didn't "read too much into it" - this was an instant reaction I had when reading it. It wasn't funny, and it's possible it could offend some people. So why do it?

This guy's joked about Rivers being bullied to suicide six times by other quarterbacks who have rings. If you think that this cartoon is more offensive than that, then I don't know how anyone can joke around with you, man. Come on, I'm about as PC as it gets, and I found no harm in this joke. A friend of mine - who is black - was laughing hysterically at it.

So get out with that racist crap.

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Actually my friend, exactly the opposite, since the Quinn and Donald characters were acting like "WTF?" Some of us see things that are not there.

That said, I didn't think it was funny either - just kinda' stupid - but that may be an age thing.

(Note to Mods - we need a smiley of an old guy walking with a cane and shaking at the same time).

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
So he can't joke because somebody might get offended at a subtext that doesn't exist in the comic, but rather was an assumption you and presumably others will make?

At that point you might as well not do anything at all if you can be called out for something you're not even doing, but rather what somebody made it out to be, even if it's wrong and has no basis.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
'There is a possibility that it might offend someone, so why do it?"

Man - society in a nutshell.

(...on the docks, several hundred years ago...) 'You know guys, maybe we should leave the tea on board - we don't want to offend anyone".

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You think Jackson and Maclin are worth $10mil per year? Jackson with the locker room drama, and Maclin with his injury history? Okay....
Whatever the going rate is for top 15 talent, they're worth it...I don't get caught up in numbers...And really, whatever someone is willing to pay, you're worth.
no RB is worth $13-14 mil per year.....and again, they replaced McCoy with an arguably better RB for cheaper.
I'd argue that by trading Leshaun and getting DeMarco, they essentially traded a RB, with considerably less wear and tear (Demarco runs more violently, and creates contact, while shady tries to avoid collisions) for a RB that after 1900 yards, is bound to drop off...Even the great ED was never the same after going for 2105...Historically speaking, the Eagles just did some dumb shit....

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
'There is a possibility that it might offend someone, so why do it?"

Man - society in a nutshell.

(...on the docks, several hundred years ago...) 'You know guys, maybe we should leave the tea on board - we don't want to offend anyone".

ding ding we have a winner. exactly what is wrong with society everyones afraid to offend someone.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Black stand up comedian goes up on stage and uses material that pokes fun at whites, Asians, Hispanics....it's funny(?) Society says so, and society includes blacks.

White stand up comedian goes on stage and uses material that pokes fun at blacks, hispanics, Asians...wait that doesn't happen because society says that's racist.

You see it in film, television, media, advertising, literature and hear it in music. There is a double standard that has evolved over time in this country. Equality has improved, but race relations haven't IMO. Racism is real but so is the race card.

Double standards and equality do not mix.
I'll stop there before i get completely misinterpreted.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't think that Chip is a racist and I don't think what he is doing is racist. I think he likes particular attitudes and skill sets. As far as @LACHAMP46 saying that they are worth the money...totally agree. Value is in the eyes of the purchaser. Would I want McCoy or Jackson? Not a chance, they are both knuckleheads. But Maclin is a class act. He just didn't want to pay to much for a WR when he prefers RBs. Also, to elaborate on my comment on the strip being racist earlier. I feel that was a little harsh. It may not have been racist...some may think, some may not. It just isn't my flavor. I've heard plenty of racist jokes about all races including my own, and have laughed at many, but this was just tasteless IMO. But again, that's just for me. Others may die laughing and that is 100% fine for me.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram not liking a double standard:
Double standards and equality do not mix.
I understand what you're saying Mojo and it's true but I don't have a problem with that. Who makes fun of Jewish mothers? Only other Jews. Same for Italian mothers and other examples abound. Yes, a non Italian can make jokes about Italians mothers but they don't. But you're right, if they did nobody would say or think anything about it. Of course they wouldn't laugh either. Not a big deal IMO.

Plus, slavery wasn't that long ago and racism is still alive and thriving. Although racism is slowly decreasing. Wait another 100 years and we'll probably not have this issue.