Nice Mock draft for you all to read...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Before I just throw out the Rams picks, I would like to project picks 1-7.

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston QB, Florida State
2. Tennessee Titans - Leonard Wiliams DE, USC
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Vic Beasley OLB, Clemson
4. Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper WR, Alabama
5. Washington Redskins - Dante Fowler Jr. OLB, Florida
6. New York Jets - Kevin White WR, West Virginia
7. Chicago Bears - Shane Ray DE, Missouri

This is where it gets very interesting. Marcus Mariota is still on the board. Les Snead could just sit there and cross his fingers that the franchise Quarterback falls in his lap or he could trade up to get him. Les running the draft for 4 years now, I like his attitude on draft day. He doesn't sit back like the old staff, he's not afraid to go get the player he wants. With that being said...

Rams send their 1st round selection (pick #10) and 4th round selection (#119th overall) to Atlanta for Atlanta's 1st round selection (8th overall)

-Why the Falcons would agree to the trade? They get an additional 4th rounder and with the top 7 falling the way it has, are guaranteed to get one of the elite pass rushers still available on the board (Randy Gregory, Bud Dupree) Les Snead and current Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff are familiar with one another so the negotiations should go rather smoothly.

Rams Draft:

1st round - Marcus Mariota QB, Oregon

2nd round - (Trade)
- Rams trade their 2nd round selection (pick #41) to the Minnesota Vikings for Minnesota's 2nd round selection (pick #55) and their 3rd round selection (pick #76)

2nd round - Laken Tomlinson OG, Duke

3rd round - Rob Havenstein OT, Wisconsin

3rd round - Paul Dawson LB, TCU

6th round - Tray Walker CB, Texas Southern

7th round - Matt Jones RB, Florida

Memphis Ram

Legend
Doubt the Rams get the Falcons selection for just a 4th rounder. Not with other teams like the Browns probably offering more. Then again I think it's a snowballs chance the Bears pass on him IF he lasts that long.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doubt the Rams get the Falcons selection for just a 4th rounder. Not with other teams like the Browns probably offering more. Then again I think it's a snowballs chance the Bears pass on him IF he lasts that long.

Very possible. My reasoning why Atlanta doesn't trade with Cleveland...it's to far to drop. They need an elite pass rusher on that team and falling back to the browns pick #12 might mean they aren't getting one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see him making it past #5.

Not that I expect Washington to pick him, but that's the spot people trade up if he slips a little.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't think there's much chance of this but if it did I would be very happy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If round 1 went like that I would like it. I don't think that Dawson makes it out of round 2 though and I don't think Dupree or Gregory are worth a top ten. Gregory was down to 230 at a recent visit. Add that to questions about dedication and I wouldn't want him in round1. Dupree is a physical freak but his play on the field does not match the hype, so there is a fair amount of projection with him. Maybe the Falcons go for one, but I can't see it. And I thought Dimitroff went out with the head coach. Maybe I am wrong on that.

I would love that assemblage of players though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jets love Mariota, they won't pass on him and might trade up with the Titans to get him. They have a new GM that has been very aggressive in free agency and might be looking to make a splash in the draft. IMO would be an excellent move for the Jets.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hell, I bet the Rams will have called the Skins and Jets this week to gage interest for the 5th and 6th pick. If Mariota falls to either one, the Rams would be shooting themselves in the foot for not having done due diligence to gage what a trade might be like prior to the draft. That being said, I suspect that Mariota will be gone at 2 and if he's there at 5, that some team will pay a ransom (not like ours!) for him. I'm thinking two 1sts and some change.

V3

Hall of Fame
I really have a tough time getting behind Mariota. I've posted it before but I'll do it again since it sums up what I'm seeing with him very well:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'm sorry. I can't agree w/ your trades. Value wise Atl's first is 100 pts more valuable but you say a 4th rd valued at 62 points grabs it. And then Minn would take our pick @ 41 (490) and give up their 55th (350) and then their 76th (210). The numbers are moving too far the wrong way for the other teams. As much as I would love to say our guys are smarter......it wouldn't fly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see us getting Mariota. Getting past that, other picks look good. But I think Havenstein will be there a round later.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really have a tough time getting behind Mariota. I've posted it before but I'll do it again since it sums up what I'm seeing with him very well:

I don't disagree with any of these things. All things I've also noted. But I think I'd take the chance on his athletic skill-set and supposed character/work ethic/football IQ. But I do have to agree that you don't start the guy as a rookie. You have to reprogram him.

Mariota better hope he doesn't land with the Browns. :LOL:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Its always hard to project trades so I wont say its realistic or not. That being said, although Im not a Mariota fan, I would love this draft. Mariota has value even if Foles works out and you want to trade him next year.

Tomlinson, Dawson and Havenstein, what a nice haul that would be!