Nice "First Things First" segment on the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Kupp injury was real. The offense was a different animal after that, a much easier-to-shut-down type of attack. Losing him, then Gurley getting dinged up, it was obviously a bit more than they could overcome.

But these idiots wrt Goff... He DID show up late in the NFC Championship game to bring the Rams back. It's not even a question of whether the Rams are going to pay him. The Rams know they're going to pay him. This "let's spin the non-contract status to support our idiotic takes on Jared Goff" thing is BS.

Finally, the single biggest issue wrt whether the Rams get back to the Super Bowl: our defense. We have been waiting on a top scoring defense for a long time. Rams' defense played very well in the playoffs, but IMO the key is them putting on a MFing clinic this year. It's time. If we get that plus our offense on top of that, we are going to run the table. Bank that $#!T.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have all been talking about the potential of Henderson as a change of pace back and good WR as well. If he's successful, then the talking heads will say "no one saw this coming!."

m'kay.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I can't disagree with the evaluation. I believe it will boil down to Sean staying ahead of the "Film" curve, and Jared working on his 1 or 2 biggest weaknesses. I think we will be fine at RB. Whether is TG getting 90% of the touches or splitting touches with a very capable Malcom Brown and our new Rook RB Henderson. The Kupp injury was a big factor. This is where we need to keep developing Josh and getting Everett more touches. Making those 2 a bigger factor will minimize the impact of 1/2 receiver injury loss.

Ram65

Legend
At least they are talking Rams football. The no Goff contract is blown up.

They are right on that McVay has to be change things up a little. It will be interesting to see what he does this year to change it up. It's hard to get away from the 3 WR set when he has Woods, Cooks and Kupp. Hopefully, we seem more Everett in both single and double TE formations. Everett as a pass catcher will put more stress on the defense in single sets but, can run block too. Have to keep the defenses guessing. Goff being more involved in reading defense will help him making quicker and better decisions. I would like to see some better shorter route options for Goff that are not just check downs. Gurley, Brown and Henderson should rack up yards.

MauiRam

Rookie
Goff being more involved in reading defense will help him making quicker and better decisions. I would like to see some better shorter route options for Goff that are not just check downs. Gurley, Brown and Henderson should rack up yards.

Successfully spreading the ball around makes it hard for a defense to key on one or two players. Doing it consistently will be key. If we succeed, we'll be in the playoffs again. How far we go will likely depend on how lucky we are as regards injuries ..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can't disagree with the evaluation. I believe it will boil down to Sean staying ahead of the "Film" curve, and Jared working on his 1 or 2 biggest weaknesses. I think we will be fine at RB. Whether is TG getting 90% of the touches or splitting touches with a very capable Malcom Brown and our new Rook RB Henderson. The Kupp injury was a big factor. This is where we need to keep developing Josh and getting Everett more touches. Making those 2 a bigger factor will minimize the impact of 1/2 receiver injury loss.

Well I believe during OTAs they worked vs defensive (zone) looks that gave them probs down the stretch last season and in the Super Bowl. McVay is already anticipating other teams trying to "Belichick" or "Bears" him this season based on the success of those units, and he's coaching up the offense to be ready to deal with it.

I have zero concerns with the offense though, outside of maybe some depth issues. Kupp going down is a worry, but if it happens again they'll be more ready to deal with it. OL depth could be really worrisome too but whatevs no team is concern-free. Definitely agree on Everett having the ability to improve things, and I really hope he pushes for some snaps particularly to boost us in the redzone which is the only real shortcoming for us offensively.

But again IMO defense is going to be the story of this season. I pray we have a top unit and if we do it's game over for everyone else.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Nice piece, but we coulda done without the “Rams have to decide if they want to extend Goff storyline”, is there anyone out there, except maybe Florio, who honestly thinks the Rams don’t intend for Goff to be the qb for the foreseeable future.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice piece, but we coulda done without the “Rams have to decide if they want to extend Goff storyline”, is there anyone out there, except maybe Florio, who honestly thinks the Rams don’t intend for Goff to be the qb for the foreseeable future.
Ahem! ~ Chris Simms