NFL1000: Ranking the Top Edge-Rushers from 2017 Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NFL1000: Ranking the Top Edge-Rushers from 2017 Season
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751015-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-edge-rushers-from-2017-season

First let me warn you before you read it:huh:.

I found this:puke: article in bleacherreport.com/articles posted 1/3/18 listing the top 125 Pass Rushers/ Edge Rushes. It was authored by NFL1000 Lead Scout Doug Farrar. Bleacher Report hired Doug Farrar in an attempt to beef up their NFL coverage by hiring Doug Farrar from Sports Illustrated back in 2016.

This article has four (#4) pass rushers who start for the Atlanta Falcons & at the same time he lists three (#3) of the Los Angeles Rams defensive front 5. Doug Farrar rated Vic Beasley the best Falcon rusher @ #40. This rating makes (in Doug Farra opinion) the best Edge Rusher/Pass rusher on the field Saturday evening in LA. Next was Brooks Reed @ #43. He continued to list Adrian Clayborn DE @ 59th & finished up with DE Derrick Shelby #79.

Doug Farrar went on to rate the LA Ram best pass rusher as Rob Quinn @#70 where he sayss "Robert Quinn has been reduced to an inconsistent version of himself after years of injuries and health complications." Down on his listings is Conner Barwin @ #104 were he say's "As a Band-Aid to get Phillips' unit on its feet,". Surprising he list Matt Longacre @ #113. But he neglected to include Rams DE Micheal Brockers & the best pass rusher in the NFL Aaron Donald. How could you do that? Doug Farrar rates & lists both of the Falcons pass rushers who line up on each side of their outstanding NT but omits Donald & Brockers who line up in the same positions :thinking:....

Guess one could say he thinks very highly of the Falcons Defensive front five. Can anyone here help me explain an article:poop: like this?

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess one could say he thinks very highly of the Falcons Defensive front five. Can anyone here help me explain an article:poop: like this?

Yes. This "expert" does not realize that the Rams no longer run a 4-3, but instead run a 3-4. Since he undoubtedly made many such mistakes throughout the league, take his rankings with a shaker or two of salt.

I'm sure his mommy dresses him neatly, though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bleacherreport is just another modern rag with "journalists" who know very little, who have virtually no responsibility in what they write, and who lack a real connection to enough people in the industry. It's drivel. I seriously get more information here than I do at any of those sites.

Logy

UDFA
Name
Logy
Bleacherreport is just another modern rag with "journalists" who know very little, who have virtually no responsibility in what they write, and who lack a real connection to enough people in the industry. It's drivel. I seriously get more information here than I do at any of those sites.

I thought Bleacher Report was for writers who weren't credible enough for Twitter?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
well brockers plays a 5 tech and donald a 3 tech so neither is really an edge rusher. not sure if he added other players with similar roles to his list, but by definition neither brockers nor donald are an edge rusher and really shouldnt be on that list

edit: I guess technically a 5 tech can be considered the edge but theres still usually an OLB outside of that so I guess it could really go either way

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
well brockers plays a 5 tech and donald a 3 tech so neither is really an edge rusher. not sure if he added other players with similar roles to his list, but by definition neither brockers nor donald are an edge rusher and really shouldnt be on that list

edit: I guess technically a 5 tech can be considered the edge but theres still usually an OLB outside of that so I guess it could really go either way

This writer included both the Falcons 5 tech & 3 tech DL'ers but omitted both the Rams 5 tech & 3 tech DL'ers????