NFL trade winds - Minnesota Vikings looking to trade up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Agamemnon

Rookie
[nfl]0ap2000000161499[/nfl]

Minnesota Vikings looking to trade up in first round

The 2013 NFL schedule release has been a lot of fun. Now it's time to return to our regularly scheduled draft rumor programming.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night on "NFL Total Access" that the Minnesota Vikings are looking to trade up in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. They have the ammunition to do so with the No. 23 and No. 25 picks.
Mr. RapSheet believes the Vikings would be targeting a wide receiver, likely West Virginia's Tavon Austin or Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson. The San Diego Chargers could be a potential trade fit; they want to move down from the No. 11 slot if they can't get the tackle they want. (That could be difficult.)
If the Vikings were to trade up, Rapoport believes they would attempt to do so while still likely holding on to their No. 25 overall pick.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ta-vikings-looking-to-trade-up-in-first-round" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...t ... irst-round</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Let me consult my draft trade chart....

OK, I would trade the 1st round #16 (1000 pts), and our 4th round #113 (68 pts), for the Vikings 1st round #25 (720 pts), and their 2nd round #52 (380 pts). Oh yeah, all day long to pick up another 2nd. Our 1068 pts vs. their 1100 pts.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Falcons looking to move up too.

They hold 1st - #30 (620 pts), and 2nd - #60 (300 pts.) throw in there 3rd #92 (132 pts) and that to our 1st - #16 (1000 pts). 1052 pts vs 1000 pts. Rappaport reporting that Buffalo, Raiders, Chargers may trade down...the numbers don't work dude, the Falcons would have to trade their whole draft again. We are in the perfect spot....again. We really are. If a player these teams covet are still there, we can pick up a #2 without a partner giving up their whole draft.

The only players that a team will move WAY UP for is an offensive tackle (Fisher, Johnson, or Joekel), or a mid to late 1st round pick for a QB--this could also take place in the 2nd. A lot of teams could be game for Austin or Patterson, or player of choice, in the middle 1st round, IMO.

We are in a good spot.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:

OK, I would trade the 1st round #16 (1000 pts), and our 4th round #113 (68 pts), for the Vikings 1st round #25 (720 pts), and their 2nd round #52 (380 pts). Oh yeah, all day long to pick up another 2nd. Our 1068 pts vs. their 1100 pts.
I would do that too, but if the Vikings want to replace Harvin with Tavon Austin, then they'll want to jump ahead of us. I would not be surprised in the least if several teams are eying Austin and are trying to make deals to jump ahead of us, believing that we are the team that really wants him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

I would do that too, but if the Vikings want to replace Harvin with Tavon Austin, then they'll want to jump ahead of us. I would not be surprised in the least if several teams are eying Austin and are trying to make deals to jump ahead of us, believing that we are the team that really wants him.
And...that's why we tell them that we are flexible....bendy, gumby-like.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Here we go, another team moving ahead of us to take a WR because they know its our biggest need. Will we ever get Sam some weapons?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HE WITH HORNS said:
Here we go, another team moving ahead of us to take a WR because they know its our biggest need. Will we ever get Sam some weapons?

i don't believe the rams were gonna take blackmon last draft. i think they had a deal in place if he fell to them and when the jags jumped them the deal fell through.

worked out for the best anyway. they still got their man and probably a better 2nd round pick because they fell lower in the 1st round than they probably would have with the other deal.

also, i believe givens is a weapon. the rams think cook will be a weapon. high hopes for quick.

plenty of good wrs in this draft.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:

Yes, I like both of your scenarios with the Falcons and Vikings. I'd even take the Vikings 22nd pick, 3rd (83rd) and their 4th (102nd) they got from the Lions for our 16th pick and 5th (149th). 1031.8 to 1067.