NFL trade Deadline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
So I've been having a few thoughts with the trade deadline coming up and was wondering what everyone's opinion was or what you think we should do.

For my personal opinion.

1). Promote Nick Toon into a hybrid TE.

2). Trade Jared Cook for some draft picks.

3). Trade some draft picks to the Minnesota Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson. (Rumor is the Vikings are trying to trade him).

I believe this would give us a more potent offense. Any thoughts?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@manmaderam
Hmmmm.....Nick Toon huh? How bout we take a peek at his pops......Trade Jared Cook? ahahahahahahahahahahah-aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahha...LOL...ahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!! No, seriously...I like Cook...He'll prove his worth...but be sure, no one is trading for him....I really like #3....Really do...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Maybe it's the Percy Harvin thing but I would be cautious trading for an explosive WR/KR/PR from Minnesota. Did I dream it or did Harvin retire? He may have just mentioned retiring.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No thanks on Patterson. He has ability but I just see a track star and not a football player. If the Vikings couldn't make him work then what are the chances he would work in this offense? He is not the number 1 the Rams need. He isn't even the number 3 the Rams need.

If they Rams were to implement a new receiver into the scheme wouldn't it be Marquez over Toon? I am not sure Foles would be able to find anyone past his first read on most plays anyway so they would need to get a go to guy.

@manmaderam
Hmmmm.....Nick Toon huh? How bout we take a peek at his pops......Trade Jared Cook? ahahahahahahahahahahah-aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahha...LOL...ahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!! No, seriously...I like Cook...He'll prove his worth...but be sure, no one is trading for him....I really like #3....Really do...

You might be the only guy left with confidence in Cook. I have no idea what you see in his play this year. He could be our top target, should be. It just isn't working out that way.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For my personal opinion.

No opinion.

Yes. Even for a 6th or 7th. I'm cutting him in the offseason anyway.

3). Trade some draft picks to the Minnesota Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson. (Rumor is the Vikings are trying to trade him).
Minnesota is an up & coming team in the NFC. I'm not giving them any valuable picks for an unproven young player.

I do agree that this offense is missing an impact WR. I'm kicking the tires on Josh Gordon who is eligible for reinstatement in February. Can a player serving a suspension be traded?

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
1) Toon is listed at 6'4", 218lbs. That's way too small to be a TE.
2) I would be in favor of a trade, even for a 6th round pick at this point. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone would even take that.
3) The fact that they just traded Givens away tells me that they're probably happy with the WRs they have.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You might be the only guy left with confidence in Cook. I have no idea what you see in his play this year. He could be our top target, should be. It just isn't working out that way.

Well...

I'm with @LACHAMP46

I have been beating my head against the wall... Cook has a lot to work on. He's been frustrating in 2015. But for me... This offense has a lot of issues not named Cook.

Im not grabbing a pitchfork after 6 games.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Love the creative thinking but I actually think Patterson is a step down from Cook as far as offensive weapons go. I would like to see Kendricks get more of a shot when he heals at the starting TE spot though he's pretty streaky with the soft hands.

Athos

Legend
Im not grabbing a pitchfork after 6 games.

The problem isn't 6 games. It's virtually every game since his only huge game ever. His first. And I'm pretty sure the only time he's gone for over 90 with us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The problem isn't 6 games. It's virtually every game since his only huge game ever. His first. And I'm pretty sure the only time he's gone for over 90 with us.

Yet, somehow 2yrs running, he's the Rams all time receiving yards leader for a TE... WITH BACKUP QBS THROWING THE BALL.

img-thing

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who knows? Why not bring back the old wing back formation with quick on the outside and tavon, mason, and Gurley in the backfield?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For the record; I see his concentration issues. He needs to improve his catch %. The fumble last week was not cool.

Dude needs to improve like the rest of the O.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see Fishers face after the Cook fumble . I think he might have had a long talk with him this week . Hopefully he lights a fire under his a$$ .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We have Cook's replacement in-house right now: Brian Quick.

I guarantee if you just have him run Cook's routes and block his "blocking" plays, this team is immediately better. Maybe significantly better.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd be interested in seeing if Sammy Watkins is available at any price. Had injury problems for them so he is not really playing, making waves with some comments he's making, maybe they want to be done with him. Their current regime wasn't the one who drafted him so there's no obligation there to keep him, especially if he's causing trouble right now.

On our side, we get a very very talented young #1 WR who Fisher can straighten out and get production from.

I'd give up one of those seconds at the very least if he could be had.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Lol at the Patterson one, we've got the better of the two gadget players but trade for him for what exactly?

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Trade Cook for a 5th round pick.
Trade that 5th round pick to the whiners for Vernon Davis. Works out well because I'm sure the whiners are in rebuild mode and they need all the picks they can get.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been beating my head against the wall... Cook has a lot to work on. He's been frustrating in 2015. But for me... This offense has a lot of issues not named Cook.

Im not grabbing a pitchfork after 6 games.[/QUOTE]

This is the issue that is named Cook. He was paid like a star player that the team can rely on to make important plays. Because he was signed the team did not sign another or draft another TE that has his skill set. If he plays even to wear he was last year it would help.

Yet, somehow 2yrs running, he's the Rams all time receiving yards leader for a TE... WITH BACKUP QBS THROWING THE BALL.

img-thing

This is a tired argument. Saying he led the team in receiving makes it sound like he is the best of a decent group. However the Rams receivers were not very good and with his size he should be and was the easiest target to find. He was the best in lackluster passing game. That is not saying much. Either way most of us are not arguing his under achieving (despite leading the team in yardage) of the last two years. He is now underachieving even more than his first two years of under achieving. IN other words.....He has gotten even worse.

For the record; I see his concentration issues. He needs to improve his catch %. The fumble last week was not cool.

Dude needs to improve like the rest of the O.

It has been 6 games. Isn't it kind of late to 'need to improve'? He is a highly paid professional athlete that has shown that he can play like an average TE. That is all he needs to be right now. If he were more it would be tremendous! But he is playing below average. If he gave us 3 third down conversions a game we would be cheering, which is pathetic because decent TEs can do much more than that. It would be a revelation for Cook.

Did you see Fishers face after the Cook fumble . I think he might have had a long talk with him this week . Hopefully he lights a fire under his a$$ .

Again, they are going into game 7. Shouldn't the wrinkles be worked out by now? I know that JT says he is working extra on the Jugs machine. He should be. But it isn't working. Maybe he needs a sports psychologist.

I think most Rams fans agree that it is time to move on from Cook. Targetting him in games is a waste. Replace him with a guy that has hands, like Bailey. Try something/someone different, because the outcome could not possibly be any worse.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark

Don't think players changing positions is generally a good idea. How is his blocking?

As frustrating as Cook is ('Bout a nine on the tension scale there, Reub. - The Burbs 1989) I think he has another great game or two in him. He was in for 49 plays, or 92%, which is just too many even with Kendricks out though. Nobody is going to trade for him so cut his playing time for the rest of the year. If or when he has a good game, let him keep playing. Decisions can be made at the end of the year. My guess is he'll be gone.

3). Trade some draft picks to the Minnesota Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson.

The only way Patterson would get playing time would be to take it from TA. That can't happen....

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'd be interested in seeing if Sammy Watkins is available...
I'd give up one of those seconds at the very least if he could be had.
Sammy would probably be better than anything we could get in the 2nd.

I'm not sure if we have big enough jobs for him though...