NFL Top 100 - #13 Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Figured this would've been posted already. This is the top 100 voted on by the players only.

Screenshot_20210822-211759~2.png

View: https://youtu.be/PGwGozAfiJs

TexasRam

Legend
The fact that he takes on #1 WR's and shuts them down one on one freeing up extra players to handle the rest of the field means his impact is vast.

If a group of Harvard analysts did the top 100 he would be hard to beat.

But this is voted on by the players. Not exactly rocket scientists. People that go on impressions and ESPN highlights. Unless they played him every week or had the time to review every NFL game, they wouldn't have a way to make an informed selection.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
13 still seems low for such an important position, no?
Yea I personally think he should be in the top 10. But I guess corners get kind of hated on a bit. The only players ranked ahead of him though are Russel Wilson, Stefon Diggs at 12 & 11...and here is the remaining players that will make up the top 10. Order yet to be revealed.

20210823_001109.png

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The fact that he takes on #1 WR's and shuts them down one on one freeing up extra players to handle the rest of the field means his impact is vast.

If a group of Harvard analysts did the top 100 he would be hard to beat.

But this is voted on by the players. Not exactly rocket scientists. People that go on impressions and ESPN highlights. Unless they played him every week or had the time to review every NFL game, they wouldn't have a way to make an informed selection.
One might argue players would be a more informed decision than Harvard Analysts. Still, there is no real way to compare an offensive tackle and a cornerback. In the end, top CB and 13 overall is nothing to sneeze at. Plus - I don’t know how many votes each player gets - but I’m sure there is some hesitancy to pick 2 Rams so you know AD99 may be a factor in Ramsey’s ranking.

add to that that Jalen is the 3rd ranked defensive player in the league — seems pretty reasonable.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Jalen Ramsey's ranking is outstanding. It's hard to bump the 12 guys that are in front of him.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramsey will likely take note of this ranking and change the minds of his fellow players when they rank the 2021 year.
@RamsOfCastamere great point!

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
I have to watch that tackle against the Giants (3:05 mark) at least a dozen times every time I see it. Probably one of the best effort plays I have ever seen for a CB. Physicality is my favorite trait of his.

My buddy who is a Steelers fan was ecstatic to see him get shipped out of the conference.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Although Brady is arguably the goat... not sure why he is on that top 10 list above.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm positive Brandon Staley was instrumental in building the leagues #1 defense.... but to be fair, with that arsenal at his disposal, Larry fuckin' Marmie would have a top 10 unit and Steve Spagnuolo would look like George Allen.

While there are some other badass mofos out there who are worthy of consideration.... but after watching him closely all last year, I've become personally convinced that Jalen Ramsey is the 2nd best Defensive player in the NFL.
The odds of having the leagues top 2 defenders just seems so unlikely and it feels like such a delusional, koolade-drunk thing to say that I believe most of us are reluctant to admit it.
There are 32 defenses in the NFL, each employing 11 starting positions and lets call it another +4 in key contributors in rotation or package subs. So that means every week there are roughly around 480 defensive players getting meaningful playing time. Almost half a thousand of the best defensive players in the world and #1 and #2 play on the same team?

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to watch that tackle against the Giants (3:05 mark) at least a dozen times every time I see it. Probably one of the best effort plays I have ever seen for a CB. Physicality is my favorite trait of his.

My buddy who is a Steelers fan was ecstatic to see him get shipped out of the conference.
Yea really glad they spoke about his tackling because its so good. At FSU he played a CB/S hybrid position and would rush the passer a lot too on blitzes. Hearing him and Talib talking on the broadcast about how Raheem Morris is going to use him, he seemed giddy! I bet we bring him down into the box more and allow him to blitz. He's such a dominant athlete he will impact the game in that role too. Dont like taking him out of coverage too often but I think it will be great to mix that in a bit.