NFL Sunday Ticket $6 Billion Class-Action Lawsuit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
NFL didn’t decide, Direct tv dropped it.
Outside of the first half of the Dallas game, I didn’t have any streaming glitches on the youtube platform. After having the ticket for 15 years, I can honestly say it was better on YouTube. Had the Rams game on my big screen via Apple TV, had redzone on my IPad and surfed the other games on my laptop all at the same time.
Agree with this. I shared YT with my dad so cost was cut in half. They have a student package as well so if you know a college kid sign up with their email and all set....Im going to do that this year....

DeaconJones

Rookie
I am nowhere near LA and have relied on the Sunday Ticket every year for maybe 15 years. Expensive but wonderful dare I say. I love having 8 games at once to swap back and forth on, especially when you get down to the final minutes to halftime or end of game.

One year it was unavailable and I was forced to buy DAZN. It was truly awful. Thankfully after a few weeks, they brought the Sunday Ticket back.

As the original post said, Sunday Ticket is good for the league as a whole, but breaking away from it could benefit some teams. I think it would be to the overall detriment of the league though long term.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Every time I try to stream a game, it starts out great and after a quarter it starts to freeze then it restarts a few minutes later and I miss plays
I use Streamseast and NFL bite. I like NFLbite. You get a list of streamers, some work better than others. I have my favorites.
But you have to hit refresh right away and the picture comes right back up.
Its not perfect, but workable.
My brother and nephew have a internet based TV service and get all the games. But you can't record them. I bet there is a way though.
Its only 180 $ per year and you get 500 channels. Its one of those Firestick based deals.
Still, not caving in to U Tube.
DTV was great, just DVR the game, easy as can be. Go out and get things done and come home and watch the game.
Not sure if you can save games on the new U Tube service. Maybe someone will chime in on that.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I use Streamseast and NFL bite. I like NFLbite. You get a list of streamers, some work better than others. I have my favorites.
My brother and nephew have a internet based TV service and get all the games. But you can't record them. I bet there is a way though.
Its only 180 $ per year and you get 500 channels. Its one of those Firestick based deals.
DTV was great, just DVR the game, easy as can be. Go out and get things done and come home and watch the game.
Not sure if you can save games on the new U Tube service. Maybe someone will chime in on that.
Yes you can DVR games on YT and no worries about weather. Its miles ahead of DTV.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Yes you can DVR games on YT and no worries about weather. Its miles ahead of DTV.
With DTV if you had severe weather you just drop the resolution and it worked fine.
And it was FREE FOR ME !
I just loved getting it for free as a perk for loyalty.
The NFL just constantly jacking up prices sucks. But its the way of the world. A playoff game on a pay per internet service was a new low. Every single playoff game should be on basic TV.
I do have problems with U Tube in other areas. It used to be great, now they censor things. Creators can not use certain words or they get their channels removed.
Everyone should be against censorship IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL just constantly jacking up prices sucks
It cost less for Sunday Ticket this past year than previous when considering the user didnt need a DTV subscription.
DTV opted to not continue with the Sunday Ticket, it was their choice. If you have an axe to grind, you should be annoyed with them, not the NFL
The peacock game was ridiculous, but literally anyone could have watched for free as long as they had wifi, peacock was offering a free 30 day

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
It cost less for Sunday Ticket this past year than previous when considering the user didnt need a DTV subscription.
DTV opted to not continue with the Sunday Ticket, it was their choice. If you have an axe to grind, you should be annoyed with them, not the NFL
The peacock game was ridiculous, but literally anyone could have watched for free as long as they had wifi, peacock was offering a free 30 day
You could get Sunday ticket by itself. I did it that way for 12 years. I only switched to Direct for my whole TV service when the local companies changed here in 2007.
The took it away ala cart for a bit, then let you do it again.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Do you get a discount from the gas station you get gas from when they change to a new company? You know, for loyalty?
Did Direct TV reward you for loyalty? If not, shame on them.
Youtube is rewarding Youtube paying customers with discount on the service
Seems like your idea of loyalty only goes 1 way.
Direct TV did in fact reward me for loyalty. They gave me the basic Sunday Ticket package, a 300$ service for FREE.
I did not get the full blown deal with the condensed games and all, but I got all the games and Redzone just for being a longtime customer.
F U Tube and their censoring asses.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You could get Sunday ticket by itself. I did it that way for 12 years. I only switched to Direct for my whole TV service when the local companies changed here in 2007.
The took it away ala cart for a bit, then let you do it again.
Nope.
You had to have Direct TV service to get the Ticket. Period.
They did have accommodations for students, and IIRC people in apartment buildings or places where they couldnt mount a dish. But for general pop? Absolutely had to subscribe to DTV in order to get the Sunday Ticket

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Direct TV did in fact reward me for loyalty. They gave me the basic Sunday Ticket package, a 300$ service for FREE.
You didnt understand the question, you claimed that youtube didnt reward you for loyalty, and why should they? Your issue is with DTV, they (allegedly) gave you some super amazing deal and now youre bitter that the company who paid a fortune for the service isnt honoring it. Silly. If you sell your home with a swimming pool, you cant be mad at the new owner for not letting you still swim in it

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Nope.
You had to have Direct TV service to get the Ticket. Period.
They did have accommodations for students, and IIRC people in apartment buildings or places where they couldnt mount a dish. But for general pop? Absolutely had to subscribe to DTV in order to get the Sunday Ticket
Who do you think you are ? Telling me "why" I had something. Like you actually knew, you were here in my life ?
You could get Sunday Ticket by itself for 59$ a year and that was all I paid them to start. One payment, that was it.
If you think you had to get a full blown DTV package to get Sunday Ticket you do not know what you are talking about. After 2007 they changed the rule for awhile, but it did not start out that way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who do you think you are ? Telling me "why" I had something. Like you actually knew, you were here in my life ?
You could get Sunday Ticket by itself for 59$ a year and that was all I paid them to start. One payment, that was it.
If you think you had to get a full blown DTV package to get Sunday Ticket you do not know what you are talking about. After 2007 they changed the rule for awhile, but it did not start out that way.
False, but whatevs
I had the ticket from 2002-2017, lived in 3 different homes. Had to have a DTV dish installed and a DTV subscription to access the ticket.
IIRC, The digital version came out around 2015 where the ticket could be accessed from an xbox or the like, still needed a DTV subscription
But I'm glad DTV gave you such a super awesome free deal for all that time, maybe you should be grateful you didnt have to pay for it while so many others did, and now it's your turn to pay?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One year it was unavailable and I was forced to buy DAZN. It was truly awful. Thankfully after a few weeks, they brought the Sunday Ticket back.

International nfl game pass subscribers has to use dazn this season. I thought it was pretty good. Seamless transitions, never dropped out, good enough video quality. I couldn't fault it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
YouTube TV records s as ll of the games. If it’s a prime Time game and not on Sunday Ticket, then it records the first airing on NFL network, which is usually a day or two afterwards.