NFL Should Hold 2020 Coronavirus Season In Two California Bubbles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
It’s taken a very short time for a sport that seems conducive to distancing,baseball, to be on the brink of shutting down. At this rate I don’t know if we’ll ever make it past training camp. I was hopeful but an outbreak seems inevitable, the nfl had their fingers crossed that we’d be where other countries are but unfortunately it seems we have no clue how to slow the spread. Everyone is saying the right things but the numbers are not encouraging.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have an idea
Can we have a Non-Covid NFL and a Pro-Covid NFL?
It would be like the WNBA but with Covid

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I like the idea of them playing in a bubble because it would provide some really interesting data on the effects of travel on the game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here’s a silly idea;

Divide the league into 3-4 different start times and groups. Take into account distance of teams.

Play two games... take 4 weeks off for CoVID break. Come back, play 2 games. More Covid, take 4 weeks off. Yada, yada.

After the first group plays 2 games (they go on CoVID break), next group starts. Plays 2 games, take 4 week CoVID break, next group starts.

Somehow schedule all of that to have football playing every weekend....

And maybe 8-10 game season that goes longer in Feb. Maybe a treatment in season changes things.

We seem destined to have an “*” next to 2020... make it a CoVID season. Sort of like a strike season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

(y) Yep. Something creative like this.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reality is board members are coming up with truly valid options to a situation the NFL appears ill prepared to handle. I fear the season will go down the tubes unless there is truly alternative options not being discussed with the fans and media.